Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

And You Think We Are Having A Bad Night...

The second Hull goal was the trigger for chants of ‘Mick McCarthy, your football is s—t’ from the Sir Bobby Robson Stand.

Celina was booked for a dive shortly before the half-time whistle was greeted by loud boos which increased in volume as manager McCarthy made his way to the tunnel.

Well we''re worse than them but a lot of our fans couldn''t care less.They''re happy to watch this dire form of football week in week out on a promise that things will improve after 2 more seasons and 6 transfer windows.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]They''re not my friends....

Stopping pretty low using them as a stick.

Are their attendances counted like ours?[/quote]yesmost (all?) clubs do, and a previous game was reported as having less than 10,000 in the groundthey''ve set a new record tonight (I think) with not scoring in 5 consecutive home gameswill Mick walk tonight ?........ is the question on the lips of many of the farmhands as they wend their way home

Another new record.

Wow, first longest serving championship club, now 5 consecutive home games without scoring. Must be worth another gold star on their shirt.

Laugh all we like but we are 3 points behind them still.

The whole attendance thing is little comfort as well, about as useful a stat as possession. Only useful if you make it count. I wonder how many weeks we had to sell the ground out to pay for Naismith?

Don''t get me wrong, I hope this is the beginning of a great decline for the tinpot shed of a club down the road but for now the cold, hard facts are that they are above us and we can hardly say "at least our style of football is more entertaining" either.

I hope they do lynch McCarthy out as they will do a hell of a lot worse with him gone. I''d almost take him at Norwich!

above us ?so are Millwall, though I hadn''t realised the season was over alreadyas to that current position then an FI car in the pit looks bad against a Robin Reliant as it trundles past at 18mphbut that is only at that momentthe reality is they have a past to cling towe have a future to embrace

The acceptance of mediocrity whilst measuring us against that mob down the road is frightening.

Agreed til.

Whoever has done our pr this year deserves a bonus- the ease with which fans have lowered their expectations this season is pretty amazing.

Another thing that amused me the most was the number of them who wanted Evans to sell up.

What is there to buy? No ground, no training ground and a squad with a combined value less than Maddison''s.

To say nothing of the £90m debt.

Low gates to boot.

Some rich Arab is bound to be interested because of their dim

and distant historical achievements I suppose.

Yep Kingo, how can these fans really be so easily duped. It''s amazing what they find acceptable. Thank goodness there''s still a few of us smart ones around. We know our onions. We''re not gonna accept it. We''re gonna......

To be continued.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Yep Kingo, how can these fans really be so easily duped. It''s amazing what they find acceptable. Thank goodness there''s still a few of us smart ones around. We know our onions. We''re not gonna accept it. We''re gonna......

To be continued.[/quote]
[:D]

I honestly think if TWTD was only available to read upon subscription some on here would cough up and pay.

Well Nigel, my season ticket has been cancelled but as I''ve said before it is due to personal circumstances rather than some grand gesture.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I honestly think if TWTD was only available to read upon subscription some on here would cough up and pay.[/quote]
Well, having just took a look, it is comedy gold; certainly more value than a Sarah Millican DVD. [:D]

Nice one Kingo.

Ive cancelled Sky Sports. Again this is due to personal circumstances rather than some grand gesture.

Who else has circumstances?

Well let''s be honest, whatever people on here do it''ll never be correct for the sainted few.

Complain but don''t cancel- keyboard warrior

Cancel- fairweather fan

Show displeasure in the ground - undermining the team.

Raise concerns/complaints while form is good- why can''t you just enjoy it?

Raise concerns/complaints during bad form - Well I didn''t hear you moaning about xyz back when we were winning!

And so on and so on...

I can''t be having that Kingo. You are whittling down criticsm of ''our fans'' to the ''sainted few on here''. That''s just being saintist...

[quote user="king canary"]Well Nigel, my season ticket has been cancelled but as I''ve said before it is due to personal circumstances rather than some grand gesture.[/quote]

Me too I''m afraid.

I just can''t justify the cost anymore,the hassle of having to leave my house at 12 to find somewhere to park,having to sit in Morrisons for an hour eating lunch,the relative hassle of the drive home due to the awful traffic system,driving in a mood determined by the result or performance,which seems in the main to have been a bad mood,listening to the awful Canary Call. Oh and that bloody awful PA. It really is surprising how all these things impact on your day

No I''m sorry the stress is just too much.

What will I gain apart from £350.Not a great deal. Because I will still listen to the commentary and read the internet report and watch them when they are on TV, shouting and swearing, pacing around my lounge wishing the ref to blow for full time. Because I am a supporter and it''s what we do.

I went into this season knowing that we were in for a period of wholesale changes that would give the club a better chance of survival and would hopefully lead to success;eventually. With each passing game and the realisation that we are going to end up mid table or possibly better coupled with the expectation of losing some of our quality players amongst which is possibly one of the most gifted players we have had for many years,it is very difficult to see where and when that success might come from.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Nice one Kingo.

Ive cancelled Sky Sports. Again this is due to personal circumstances rather than some grand gesture.

Who else has circumstances?[/quote]I have an award for 1st in the obstacle race at schoolpresented by some bloke calledSir Stiffy Cuttif that helps

No man can serve two masters. For either he will hate the one and love the other or else he will hold to the one and despise the other.

My circumstances dictate that I dump Sky Sports and keep my season ticket.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]No man can serve two masters. For either he will hate the one and love the other or else he will hold to the one and despise the other.

My circumstances dictate that I dump Sky Sports and keep my season ticket.[/quote]No man is an island...

.....unless he is sat in the bath

ps you can find sky sports on the internet for free quite easil

My circumstances dictate that I dump Sky Sports and keep my season ticket.

Keep the basic for a tenner a month and get a Kodi box.