Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Are We Being Brainwashed?

i think Webber saying it will take 4 transfer windows was buying time Managers / head coaches and the DOF role should be measured on results not many get 4 transfer windows to get a style and players they need before they are under pressure for results

playing the way we have this season and the negative tactics very late subs etc has not shown me he should get 4 transfer windows and i will not be brainwashed into backing this DOF/ HC until i see different

This comments about the times for substitutions really is rubbish. When have we seen teams make their subs a lot earlier than ours ? Most substitutions for both teams happen at very similar times as one responds to the other, we really aren’t any different to most teams with this.

Next Christmas will be the time to judge, took Webber two years to build HTFC with Wagner and then they had to peak towards the end of the season to make the play offs.

My main concern is that the squad we had should of been good enough to make the play offs this year.

No Norwich fan wanted to be in the Championship for another season, but I will accept it if they build a stronger squad for promotion.

As tough as it is let''s judge next season not now OTBC.

What Webber achieved at Huddersfield and in what timescale has no relevance whatsoever to the job at hand here. Football isn’t as simple as rinse and repeat. I’ve seen nothing to suggest next season will be any better

[quote user="Dorset Canary"]Next Christmas will be the time to judge, took Webber two years to build HTFC with Wagner and then they had to peak towards the end of the season to make the play offs.

My main concern is that the squad we had should of been good enough to make the play offs this year.

No Norwich fan wanted to be in the Championship for another season, but I will accept it if they build a stronger squad for promotion.

As tough as it is let''s judge next season not now OTBC.[/quote]i believe it goes beyond building a strong squad.There has to be the means to sustain a strong squad. And with our future budget that will mean developing players. We are beginning to see that come on stream, so I would suggest that this season has been as much about ''treading water'' as it has been about a full commitment to promotion.The latter would require players with contracts that we could not meet on our 18/18 budget and beyond. The harsh reality is we have not faced this kind of huge drop off in revenue before.I would be concerned if there was no long term plan. That we would throw everything at this season then .... hope for the best.

Webber and Farke have rightly prioritised having all our teams play sound football.

Sound football doesn''t have to be the way we are playing though does it.

A sound defence, whether collectively or individually, is probably the most important thing in most team sports. Football, Rugby, cricket, NFL for instance.

Most attacking teams would have a sound defence on which to base their tactics. And the reassurance that if things break down, they can cope.

But our defence is based on two people covering either the two or three CBs. So the transition from back to front is very slow. Which becomes easy to read and easier to thwart.

And we can''t say he is working solely on the defence or Raggett would have started last night instead of an obviously tired Zimmermann.

I hope they do get it right and next season we see a transformed style of play.

But I do have serious reservations about their ability to do it.