Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

RIP - Stephen Hawking

I wonder what percentage of the people that bought his books read them through?

RIP Stephen. Anybody that can make a complex subject a little bit more understandable deserves all the praise they get.

Was sorry to hear the news this morning - always been a bit of a hero to me in lots of ways (not least his vocals to Pink Floyd''s Keep Talking).

Managed to get through Brief History of Time but have to admit that apart from the first couple of chapters it was mostly over my head.

RIP Stephen

Amazing character. He obviously had a fantastic will to live, fueled by his quest for knowledge & understanding, otherwise he''d have passed on years ago.

I read A Brief History Of Time; it wasn''t that difficult to read (he left out the complex maths) but had enough to intrigue & pique the interest. I wasn''t at all sure about his entropy & time reversal ideas though. One of the many things I want to look into further before I pop my clogs too!

Anecdotally I used to work in Cambridge & heard more than once he was a terror in his wheelchair!

I also read a Brief History in Time.  He was an example to us all of how you can still have a fulfilling life, never giving up, even when afflicted by such terrible adversity.  R.I.P.

"Anecdotally I used to work in Cambridge & heard more than once he was a terror in his wheelchair!"I heard today that he would ''accidentally'' run over people''s toes if they annoyed him[:D]