Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Wes has always been the barometer.....

of Norwich managers who have lost their confidence, nerve or the plot!

In such circumstances successive failures or the over cautious have either benched Wes or put him on the wing.

Lambert built the team around him in his favourite position.

Farke has gone all conservative; he has lost his nerve and Wes isn''t getting a look in, even tonight and in a season where it''s all over. He went for a tight game instead.

I didn''t mind the Hull game, even though we played poorly, because it broke the mold for a manager who is going down the well trodden route of caution.....and Wesley''s absence is par for the course.

[quote user="RUDOLPH FARKE"]of Norwich managers who have lost their confidence, nerve or the plot!

In such circumstances successive failures or the over cautious have either benched Wes or put him on the wing.

Lambert built the team around him in his favourite position.

Farke has gone all conservative; he has lost his nerve and Wes isn''t getting a look in, even tonight and in a season where it''s all over. He went for a tight game instead.

I didn''t mind the Hull game, even though we played poorly, because it broke the mold for a manager who is going down the well trodden route of caution.....and Wesley''s absence is par for the course.[/quote]
Give it a rest, Wes has been crap when he''s played this season. He''s too old.

In some ways the OP has a point, not necessarily about the manager but us as a club.

Most recent managers have tried to develop a team not reliant on Wes. It has always failed and they’ve ended up having to bring him back.

Firstly that’s a credit to Wes and his unique skills. But it also highlights how poorly we’ve invested the premiership millions.

Now, due to his age, we’ve had to move on. Thankfully this season we have had Maddison.

That’s farke’s biggest challenge now, building a proper winning squad not reliant on the brilliance of one individual.

Maddison has simply been a far more effective option than Wes all season. They''ve played together, they''ve played instead of each other, and in every single combination Wes has been ineffective.

Yes he looked pretty good when he came on last night, but that''s against a relegation fodder side. And in fact, given how Norwich played for most of last night, my Nan could have looked a standout player if she''d have put in some effort...

In Wes'' younger days you might have been right, but now is not the time to build a side around Wes, it''s very much about Maddison now, and rightly so. He''s been excellent.

I thought Wes was the standout when he came on last night. In particular two lovely through balls for Hernandez who couldn''t find the cross.

That was our best period of the game and he and Maddison were on the pitch at the same time.

And quite right it was only Barnsley but at least he did what he was supposed to do so give him a break.

Of course we can''t build around him but if he wants to keep playing next season then I hope it is in our squad.

Next season we face having to replace both Wes and Maddison.

I wouldn''t be inclined to start with Wes away from home but at home - where we have been dire - and where we play narrow I would have the passing ability of Hoolahan every time.

He is here, he''s fit and he''s our player. He has never relied on pace but at 35 his stamina will be very high.

My point is that Farke, like others before him has become conservative under pressure and when that happens we go for function over inspiration.

Enjoying the football all you season ticket holders?