Sign in to follow this  
Bill

It's grim down south

I am not ashamed to say that in the late 60''s and early 70''s, I often went to Portman Road when I didn''t go to away matches.

I was watching 1st Division football and I admit I cheered for the opposition. It was a game of football and the only likelihood at that stage of ever seeing Moore, Charlton, Best etc in the flesh.

This isn''t North and South Korea. It should be banter and leave it at that.

If you go around hating things then join Britain First.

“The daily obsession with TWTD is bad enough but to trawl the internet for Scummer blogs is disturbing to say the least and to follow that up by posting it on here is beyond ridiculous

Whilst I’m pleased for AFC Wimbledon going back to their old ground what’s the difference ?

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]“The daily obsession with TWTD is bad enough but to trawl the internet for Scummer blogs is disturbing to say the least and to follow that up by posting it on here is beyond ridiculous

Whilst I’m pleased for AFC Wimbledon going back to their old ground what’s the difference ?[/quote]You must remind me how many posts have been posted on here concerning Wimbledon over the last few years particularly from me as opposed to how many City1st has posted about The Scum on countless threads in recent weeks? The BBC Sport website is full of good articles covering everything throughout the world and was far easier to find than that obscure blog aimed solely for The Binners.I think even you can see that unless of course you have paid a visit merely to continue your agenda against me.

Don''t like it then don''t read it

I enjoy posting about the binners.

I know a lot of them read this site. A good dig then.

I have no intention of following the preaching of those who seem to live other people''s lives better than their own.

Seem .... pedestal perchers.

oh dear, it''s now a persecution mania that''s taking over the poor old fellow"Those whom the gods wish to destroy........."The reality is that you came barging in on this thread with"The daily obsession with TWTD is bad enough but to trawl the internet

for Scummer blogs is disturbing to say the least and to follow that up

by posting it on here is beyond ridiculous."
As I ignored you, it was followed up byI think the number of posters he gets on with Duncan would fit in

that telephone box you mention on Facebook when you are at work
On the Husband threat you posted up a pic aimed at me rather than any comment on the subjectAs I ignored you, it was followed up by"I think we all know the inane rambling the reply to your post will

contain Hairy and the well trotted out accusations aimed in your

direction.Sad,tragic and pathetic will not even come close. "
then whined as the last poster, with"How honoured i am Hairy as i have just been added to the ever increasing band of liars on here."It may be an honour for you, but it was a statement from me based on the fact that you lied about the number of threads I had posted on. The evidence is there for all to read.There''s much I could say in reply but I''ve no wish to sink to your level, of what often amounts to little more than play ground ''taunts''. And any previous comment by me has only been in reply (note, reply).As to the OP I believe it is highly relevant as it not only vindicates all I have been saying over the past years, but adds weight to the very topical City debate of whether we are doing the ''right thing'' if the binners are still a few points above us.The link was not from some obscure blog as you claim (which suggests you went looking) either, but from a thread in twtd linked to me from elsewhere. That I chose to add one of their comments was because not only did I feel it was relevant but because I took the trouble to read through the thread to get a bigger picture. That way I usually am informed, and so do not rely upon making up stuff that helps my argument.However feel free to wade into any other topic I start, but do perhaps remember that the idea of ''heckling'' is to make me look an ar se ............. something you seem to be getting the wrong way round on a regular basis.

How come what I posted on a previous thread suddenly gets a mention? I haven''t even posted on this thread?

As it happens I find it quite a pertinent subject, particularly the quote Nigel put up.

You really are like that Wind Up Captain Canary I likened you to before.

“You must remind me how many posts have been posted on here concerning Wimbledon over the last few years particularly from me as opposed to how many City1st has posted about The Scum on countless threads in recent weeks? The BBC Sport website is full of good articles covering everything throughout the world and was far easier to find than that obscure blog aimed solely for The Binners.

I think even you can see that unless of course you have paid a visit merely to continue your agenda against me.“

People on here will have a passing interest on Wimbledon. The Binners, as our local rivals hold more interest so we’re going to talk about them more aren’t we ? Isn’t it a better feeling beating them compared to any other team ? A number of posters on here enjoy hearing about their debt, poor results and attendances. As I ( and others )said before, if you’re not interested, don’t read it. I’ve no agenda at all but if you’re going to come on here trying to tell people what they can and can’t post then someone’s going to react, so it might as well be me 😀

I have no intention of following the preaching of those who seem to live other people''s lives better than their own.

Pot=Kettle

[quote user="Supermarket Sweep"]oh dear, it''s now a persecution mania that''s taking over the poor old fellow"Those whom the gods wish to destroy........."The reality is that you came barging in on this thread with"The daily obsession with TWTD is bad enough but to trawl the internet

for Scummer blogs is disturbing to say the least and to follow that up

by posting it on here is beyond ridiculous."
As I ignored you, it was followed up byI think the number of posters he gets on with Duncan would fit in

that telephone box you mention on Facebook when you are at work
On the Husband threat you posted up a pic aimed at me rather than any comment on the subjectAs I ignored you, it was followed up by"I think we all know the inane rambling the reply to your post will

contain Hairy and the well trotted out accusations aimed in your

direction.Sad,tragic and pathetic will not even come close. "
then whined as the last poster, with"How honoured i am Hairy as i have just been added to the ever increasing band of liars on here."It may be an honour for you, but it was a statement from me based on the fact that you lied about the number of threads I had posted on. The evidence is there for all to read.There''s much I could say in reply but I''ve no wish to sink to your level, of what often amounts to little more than play ground ''taunts''. And any previous comment by me has only been in reply (note, reply).As to the OP I believe it is highly relevant as it not only vindicates all I have been saying over the past years, but adds weight to the very topical City debate of whether we are doing the ''right thing'' if the binners are still a few points above us.The link was not from some obscure blog as you claim (which suggests you went looking) either, but from a thread in twtd linked to me from elsewhere. That I chose to add one of their comments was because not only did I feel it was relevant but because I took the trouble to read through the thread to get a bigger picture. That way I usually am informed, and so do not rely upon making up stuff that helps my argument.However feel free to wade into any other topic I start, but do perhaps remember that the idea of ''heckling'' is to make me look an ar se ............. something you seem to be getting the wrong way round on a regular basis.[/quote]City 1st playing the victim card oh dear oh dear and while you are around just count the number of threads you have posted on currently on the first page and me saying virtually every thread does not make me a liar but then again anybody posting something you don''t agree with is a liar.

"Pot=Kettle"

It''s little one liner meaningless second hand remarks like this that reduces this forum to what it often becomes.

And from YOU.

Deary me.

[quote user="Supermarket Sweep"][quote user="ricardo"]But but but what about the three stars?[/quote]None of which are on the pitch, so it would seem

But never mind here''s the sound of a penny dropping to entertain you all

"That was really interesting. I think it''s been mentioned a

few times by a couple of different posters about the possibility of

using the club to offset his other businesses for tax purposes? Questioning whether he really wanted to be successful. Some baffling football and business decisions. Those that thought it was no accident that the club is in the mess it''s in"     TWTD

Possibility ! ! !
[/quote]

I don''t know much about most things but I know a lot about tax. There is no advantage to Marcus Evans in Ipswich Town making a loss. If the losses are available to be set against profits made by other companies owned by Evans, those companies would get relief at 20%. No one in their right mind would lose £1m to get back £200 in tax. You would still be £800k out of pocket.

Evans bought a £30m debt from Aviva for £7m. That meant that ITFC owed Evans £30m for a debt he had bought for £7m. Initially he threw some more money at the club hoping for a quick promotion and the money from Sky which he could have drawn out of the club in repayment of his debt. A very quick profit of £23m and a debt free club to sell. It would have been a brilliant investment if they had been promoted.....

+1 Fenway

Interesting article linked in the OP. You don’t often hear direct from the (recently ex-)inside of clubs. Especially clubs with controversial owners. If you do it’s normally through the media lens which distorts or edits people''s experiences. That was a pretty well written blog I’d say.

Mind you, I’m someone who loves those 90s fly on the wall football documentaries YouTube like Club for a Fiver and the Barry Fry one. Can’t imagine them being done ever again, at the pro level anyway.

And of course a lot of us want to know what’s going on inside our neighbours’ home!

From day 1 (1978, or whenever that lot were founded) we’ve had so many similarities and as many differences. The last 10-20 years has been a microcosm if that complementarity, in new and fascinating ways on & off the pitch.

Long live the obsession, say I

That''s an interesting post Dylan. I''ve thought the same myself but never really felt confident enough in the subject to post. I can see that offsetting his other company''s profits against Ipswich''s losses would reduce the clubs losses by, say 20%, but the remaining 80% loss still has to be funded.

Now that the opportunity to make a quick buck through instant promotion has long passed I don''t understand why he keeps putting in around £5 million a year. I can''t see an scenario where can ever get that money back.

Didn’t Marcus Evans sell tickets to The Open a few years back, with hotels overlooking the 18th Green?

It was the 18th Green of a completely different golf course, but the people buying tickets didn’t need to know that bit...

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]That''s an interesting post Dylan. I''ve thought the same myself but never really felt confident enough in the subject to post. I can see that offsetting his other company''s profits against Ipswich''s losses would reduce the clubs losses by, say 20%, but the remaining 80% loss still has to be funded.

Now that the opportunity to make a quick buck through instant promotion has long passed I don''t understand why he keeps putting in around £5 million a year. I can''t see an scenario where can ever get that money back.[/quote]

I haven''t looked at the accounts in detail but I understand that the losses are predominantly interest on his loan. That interest is paid to another Evans company then goes in a circle back to the club to increase the loan. If that is the case it is little more than a paper transaction, possibly for tax purposes. Little more than conjecture on my part but I don''t think there''s much doubt what his intentions were initially. Thank God he bought their club and not ours!