Sign in to follow this  
Bill

It's grim down south

None of this should be much of a surprise, but it does confirm what has been fairly well known.It also explains what is behind the paupers supposedly doing okRather like a train kept going across the wild west by ripping up the carriages to put into the engine - it can only last so long before there is nothing leftPerhaps we should have a pitch more suited to a Sunday league, a stadium that is looking like some abandoned theme park and a trading relationship with our suppliers akin to that of a rogue trader.http://turnstileblues.co.uk/blog.aspx?nid=1112

[quote user="ricardo"]But but but what about the three stars?[/quote]None of which are on the pitch, so it would seem

But never mind here''s the sound of a penny dropping to entertain you all

"That was really interesting. I think it''s been mentioned a

few times by a couple of different posters about the possibility of

using the club to offset his other businesses for tax purposes? Questioning whether he really wanted to be successful. Some baffling football and business decisions. Those that thought it was no accident that the club is in the mess it''s in"     TWTD

Possibility ! ! !

It always seemed like a useful tax write off to me. Anything of value he has already stripped.

But Evans is an hinvestorhe pumps money in (like the fire brigade pumped water into the Somerset Lows a few years back)this does suggest however what I have thought, that not all the wage bill at poorman road is ITFC linked, and so who else might be on the wage billand it should highlight the danger of handing your club over to an hinvestorsome work, some don''tbut the crucial point is that ..................... once done it is pretty much irreversible

thank you Mr oola an olothough many in the pubs bemoaning our ''plight'' might disagree''we ''ave no ''hambition, we need an hinvestor''

That article must resonate with plenty on here. Cutting corners, dig deep for the academy, no concept of improving the club, money and then there was none.

It was like reading about Norwich City. Or it is if you buy into what some of the chaps post on here🙄

The daily obsession with TWTD is bad enough but to trawl the internet for Scummer blogs is disturbing to say the least and to follow that up by posting it on here is beyond ridiculous.

Who cares enough to look at that blog? You are our own version of ipswichcrazy.

I used to think you were so bitter because your wife must have run off with an hipswhich fan. Does seem unlikely as you cant have any friends let alone ever been married.

Go back to the hospital city1st.

I mean, I know City 1st isnt the most popular poster but I find it bizarre that some of the posters on here will happily rip into our own club and in the same breath criticise others for ripping into...our rivals!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The daily obsession with TWTD is bad enough but to trawl the internet for Scummer blogs is disturbing to say the least and to follow that up by posting it on here is beyond ridiculous.[/quote]

I thought it was interesting to read. It’s level headed and insightful; all we get is blarney from that lot but it appears that they have the kind of reservations about their club that we like to point out to them.

It’s almost as if Tilly and Sweep don’t see eye to eye....

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="TIL 1010"]The daily obsession with TWTD is bad enough but to trawl the internet for Scummer blogs is disturbing to say the least and to follow that up by posting it on here is beyond ridiculous.[/quote] 

It’s almost as if Tilly and Sweep don’t see eye to eye....[/quote]I think the number of posters he gets on with Duncan would fit in that telephone box you mention on Facebook when you are at work. [:D]

Why would anyone rejoice in their demise?

Then we wouldn''t have a "rival".

Peterborough would have to step in.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="TIL 1010"]The daily obsession with TWTD is bad enough but to trawl the internet for Scummer blogs is disturbing to say the least and to follow that up by posting it on here is beyond ridiculous.[/quote]

I thought it was interesting to read. It’s level headed and insightful; all we get is blarney from that lot but it appears that they have the kind of reservations about their club that we like to point out to them.

It’s almost as if Tilly and Sweep don’t see eye to eye....[/quote]poor old plod, the poster who has never posted anything he has found on twtd..... not this week anyway, but does find time to read my posts and put up some attack .... as long as someone else (the usual suspect/s) has done so first - senility must be a hard thing to come to terms with if this is what it does to youfor others the link is one of the first admittance from the binners -  of how things really are at poorman road - and should serve as a stark warning to those who think the grass is always greener elsewhere - and maybe a reminder that it is best to check the whole story first ....read through the thread before making comment - something some on here would do well to tryas to how Tilly behaves that is not really any great concern of mind, it''s not like his bitterness has had me banned (temporarily) - and if he gets some perverse pleasure in following me about the board then he is not bothering others, so it has one positive at least 

What’s your point? This is a Norwich site no one gives a flying ... what Is going with the “farmhands”

You are a little too obsessed and as I suggested go back to the hospital take your pills and you may come out of it OK. I’m doubting that but worth a try.

Best of luck city1st

[quote user="xymox"]What’s your point? This is a Norwich site no one gives a flying ... what Is going with the “farmhands”

You are a little too obsessed and as I suggested go back to the hospital take your pills and you may come out of it OK. I’m doubting that but worth a try.

Best of luck city1st[/quote]It''s sweep if you don''t mindCan''t have folk posting under various names can we master pox ?

What’s the point of different user names?

Keep them the same so we know which users to support when they’re going through difficulty times. Lucky for you your post count clearly identify you.

Been a bit hard on you lately what can we do to help you ?

I think there''s a point to this thread. I think many folk don''t like it because it reminds them of the last time Delia came under attack. Ten years ago and far more vicious than this latest squealing and stamping. Back then instead of just the odd crackpot as we have now trying to make out Delia supported ipswich there were loads of Delia out avatars on here. Pictures of Delia with Ipswich scarf faked on her. Threads about the binners ambition getting the dream ticket of Evans and Keane. Binner fans coming on to this board day in day out bragging about their money and how we''d be in their shadow forever. And so-called Norwich fans on here AGREEING WITH THEM! And yet at the same time, back in January 2008 one of the few binners with half a brain cell had this to say : -
Locked in Debtors Prison

Ever since Town went collectively insane after one mind-blowing year in the prem, the club has been trapped inside a prison of its own making. We¿ve been literally suffocating under an unsustainable mountain of debt. A debt so vast, it not only stripped us of a generation of good players. It ultimately stripped the club of its will to live. 

As 2007 ground on, the club was at such a low ebb that we were no longer even bothering to pay the interest - let alone repay the capital. And the ''for sale'' sign that had been hoisted over Portman Road years previously was being frantically waved with ever increasing vigour.

So deep was the hole that Town had dug themselves into that there appeared no escape. Apart from the one pointed out to the club by an opportunist vulture that had been circling any number of wannabee football clubs - the Marcus Evans Group. The solution appeared so odd, so illogical, that seemed scarcely credible and contrary to the best interests of the club. Yet the directors apparently agreed it was a sensible way out. 

Well we think they did - not many of them have been too vocal in public - apart of course from Mr Sheepshanks. So, strangely, the very people whose solemn duty it was to act in the club''s best interests seemed to champion the Marcus Evans Group approach which seemed so clearly to be against the club''s best interests. When the details of the offer were made public - it seemed little more than scandalous. In effect Town swapped an £8million debt for a £32 million debt - and sold their soul at the same time. And nobody seemed remotely concerned.

Even now, a month since Town sold out to an invisible man, I still can''t understand how or why it happened. The facts bear repeating one more time. Town''s suffocating £32million debt had been written down to just £8million. Whilst that might be a lot of money to you and I - it is reasonably small beer to a club that could in theory get promoted to the Premier League with just a bit of fine tuning.

Let''s look at £8million in close up. One of Town''s board could use £8million in firelighters - let alone use it to prop up a football club he was duty-bound to look after. Another, Holly Bellingham was in the process of selling a majority share in her company for £55million. So £8million was certainly a figure she could have helped raise. Yet she exited stage left from Town''s board without even a whimper.

£8million is even a figure that could have been easily raised by Town fans. If we accept that there are at least 24,000 regular fans... that is only a £333 contribution from each and every one of us to wipe out Town''s debt once and for all. Not in exchange for meaningless shares to fund Finidi George''s pay off - but a unique chance to wipe Town''s slate clean and share in something good and tangible that would guarantee a fresh start on a level playing field. 

Admittedly, in the past, when Sheepshanks has gone cap in hand to supporters for meaningless share issues to keep Town afloat, he''s been largely (and very sensibly) ignored. But those risible share issues were just throwing money into a bottomless pit of Sheepshanks'' creation in exchange for utterly worthless shares. This time it could have been oh so different - and structured not as shares but as membership.

But it wasn''t - and our club has been handed over as an investment vehicle to a faceless investment arm of an over-hyped junket company of debateable worth fronted by an invisible man without so much as a whimper. The sums of money involved are relatively tiny - even the reputed £12million put into the club to stabilise is spin. Not one penny can be spent without a nod from three faceless suits. I say it again - the club was sold under very, very dubious circumstances with very few if any alternatives being aired for a mere £8million.

So now we face up to an unknown future as an ''investment'' of someone who refuses to be seen, whilst on the face of it being run by an utter incompetent who seemingly cannot bear not to be seen. In an industry where brash American soccer enthusiasts, alleged arms dealers, third world despots and assorted riff-raff from eastern Europe are queuing up to be lavish their ill-gotten gains on third rate footballers this is strange indeed.

As the AGM draws near I live in hope that one or two voices might be raised about the very strange circumstances Town now find themselves reduced to. Although the hype would have you believe our £32 million debt has vanished and the club is ''in the money'', the exact opposite is very much the case. We still owe £32million - the only difference is that it is not to a financial institution with tangible assets and known business practices. Hardly a big step forward.

And we still don''t have any money. Last year, we were being run so recklessly that we managed to rack up another £2million of debt whist not paying interest on our debts. That now has to change - which means tightening the purse strings. The only tangible difference I can see from the restructure is that 3 suits will seek approval from elsewhere if Town want to buy paper clips in future, let alone an overpriced midfield trundler from Plymouth Argyle. 

We''re still very much locked in a debtor''s prison of our own making. Only this time we threw away the key.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The reality even back then, before we''d even been relegated to League One, we had more ambition than them. And every season since we''ve had more ambition than them. That''s not hard btw because they have zero ambition. And when you think this was 10 years ago you can understand why they now have less than 10,000 fans.
But, despite the ten years we had compared to the ten years they had, we still get the same posters attacking Delia. My question to them is why did these attacks stop between 2010 and 2016 and did they enjoy that period which happened in spite of them? 

Nigel

You are pandering to the OP. My view is who cares a bit. If I’m marginalised in that view I shall bail this thread and hope you all enjoy discussing hipswich. Of no interest to me

Have fun ))

xymox, far be it from me to defend any posters on here but you have to remember I''ve been posting a long time and over the years you continually rock up to have a go at City1st or whatever his latest name is. It obviously interests you and can only be described become a bit of a hobsession you have.
I don''t pander to anyone.
Toodle pip[<:o)]

Haha Nigel

You are right I will try to stop but he’s such an hidiot.

Thanks for the tip respect a long term poster, think the hidiot sadly has more posts than you.

"What’s your point? This is a Norwich site no one gives a flying ... what Is going with the “farmhands”

Well I do for a starters.

What parochial nonsense.

They are our rivals and I enjoy taking an interest in them.

Who built your pedestal? Did you do it yourself or did you get it from IKEA?

I detest these posts suggesting to tell others what to do in their lives.

Well there is possibly a lesson - from the blog:"When we found out there was

a new buyer and investor, we felt happy. Everyone was pretty positive,

thinking this was a new start and not just the club being saved, but it

was being spun as much more additional investment coming our way. It was

in the era when Abramovich had taken over at Chelsea, so
we were naïve

enough to think “this is our golden ticket”.
Parallels to some of the expectations of a "golden ticket" / Father Christmas for some on here?

I think some posters have their own rules, you can’t discuss the Binners, ask a question ( use google apparently ). If you don’t like this thread don’t read it, not difficult really is it ?

Being reminded of the state the Binners were in when Sheepshanks gave the club away to Mucus , also illustrates one of the deep seated issues at the FA, and their Job For The Boys - Looks Good In A Blazer cobblers.

Sheepshanks , from his privileged lofty perch took over from those wonderful old piss heads the Cobbolds - and naturally took full credit for them eventually gaining promotion. Oddly he never did seem to take any credit for their spiralling (actually very quickly) into administration. I wonder if they ever did find out how old Finidi was?

So Sheepy nips off to... yes you''ve guessed it ... a job with the FA! Why not? He certainly had their sort of form, never played the game, lead a club into administration and of course went to the right school.

The FA gave him 75 million pounds which he eventually spent on the St Georges Park set up (in fact it ran miles over budget north on £100m but who''s counting?) - an excellent facility by all accounts but quite frankly who couldn''t have done that?

And he gets an CBE for his troubles. Well done Sheepy. A better example of being utterly useless but having the right family connections you couldn''t hope to see.

[quote user="Supermarket Sweep"]poor old plod, the poster who has never posted anything he has found on twtd..... not this week anyway, but does find time to read my posts and put up some attack .... as long as someone else (the usual suspect/s) has done so first - senility must be a hard thing to come to terms with if this is what it does to youfor others the link is one of the first admittance from the binners -  of how things really are at poorman road - and should serve as a stark warning to those who think the grass is always greener elsewhere - and maybe a reminder that it is best to check the whole story first ....read through the thread before making comment - something some on here would do well to tryas to how Tilly behaves that is not really any great concern of mind, it''s not like his bitterness has had me banned (temporarily) - and if he gets some perverse pleasure in following me about the board then he is not bothering others, so it has one positive at least  [/quote]My last post on this thread.Just stop this ridiculous following you around the messageboard nonsense as there appears to be only the odd thread on the front page that you do not infest with your ridiculous lie and guff accusations that you level at any poster you see fit to lock horns with. To avoid you is virtually an impossible task. Thankfully there is only one thread that you swerve throughout the entire season.

Whereas the truth is you do follow me about, waiting for your chance to have your little dig... as aboveyour are a liar as there are plenty of threads that I have not posted on, and those that I do are directed at the comments, not solely at the person as your constant bleats do.You can post on whatever thread you wish, you can reply to my comments or not as you see fit.... but you don''t do you. Take a look at the posts you have put up that are a directed solely toward me.They matter little to me, but it does spoil the forum for others when the embittered group that you seem to be part of, wreck so many threads.I f you don''t like what I post ignore it. if you disagree post up a rebuttal, that is part of the forum, but do stop keep whinging when I reply (in kind) to your constant personal attacks.And if I ''lock horns'' with another poster then it does not need your silly comments. Either address the points or stay out. Use your remaining years positively.