Sign in to follow this  
pete

Farke' pearls of wisdom

"You don''t win championship games with 18 year olds. Genius statement made in order to explain why Ambrose will not be given a chance. Allow me to educate Danny Boy you can''t win matches unless you score. Dennis obviously doesn''t cut ther mustard, Nelson output is pitiful. Farke needs to do something to rectify but seemingly will not do anything.

Best hope for Reading is scoreless draw best hope for any remaining match this season. Give us some inspiration.

He''s beginning to sound more like your average English manager by the week.

"He thinks to much such men are dangerous."

Nothing to play for so blood some youngsters.

Ok, just read the main page article and you''re horribly misquoting him.

He was talking more generally about how the new focus on the academy won''t mean he is ''forced'' into playing young players before he thinks they are ready. The actual quote is ''you don''t win championship games with just 18 year olds on the pitch.'' Just is a pretty key word here.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Has Farke turned into a German Ron Manager ?[/quote]
"Springer für Torpfosten""kleine Jungen mit streifigen Knien""nicht wahr?"

I ran the OP through the Petatron-2000...

It came back with "does not compute" and then caught fire.

So i got out a new version with the "nurse my pills" upgrade.

It came back with: "he meant Abrahams" and "no idea what the rest of the words meant"

TBF I wouldn''t pick Ambrose either. Or anyone who isn''t a real player.

I did think Pete was just a bit special but I''m starting to wonder if he is actually a quite subtle comedy account?

[quote user="hogesar"]Nevermind about Farke''s wisdom, this is yet another Pete special.[/quote]I suspect the bit of fine weather has brought Pete out of hibernation too early - probably best to put him back in the box and cover him with straw until after the breakOtherwise I agree with KC.  The club seems to know what it is doing with these players, and the squad in general. It would have been all too easy to have kept Cantwell, Godfrey and Morris at the club as available back up. But that may have been as far as they ever went.The Championship is quite a ''robust'' league at times - as Maddison has been shown on far too many times. If you watch the U23''s games they are mostly non contact, so it will take some time to move from that to having some clogger hacking into you at all times.And as said before we are in a position not faced before. We haven''t gone straight up this time and are out of parachute payments this summer with some players still on PL wages. As those players move on their replacements will not always be Championship ready... those cost money. So those coming in will most likely be coming from a position of needing to grow into their position... as we have seen with Vrancic, Zimmerman and Trybul.And we DO have younger players coming through, but as Farke has said that won''t happen over night.

What I would add is the idea of putting a dreadfully unfit Reed on the bench ahead of a youngster who could at least gain from the experience doesn''t put out a great message.

[quote user="king canary"]What I would add is the idea of putting a dreadfully unfit Reed on the bench ahead of a youngster who could at least gain from the experience doesn''t put out a great message.[/quote]
It does if Farke doesn''t believe any of the younger players have done enough to earn it.

I''m not too sure what a youngster would gain, if they are no playing.My thought is that Farke''s view has two points.One being that players need to be fairly ''tough'' to survive the rigors of the CH, hence them going out on loanTwo, training is about showing you are up for playing in the first team. Which is what I suggest has kept Edwards out of the squadThe Webster/Farke ethos appears to be that you have to earn the right to be in the matchday squad, and maybe having Reed was merely demonstrating to players that they will play when we deem you ready, not because we have a ''space''.

If there was something to play for then of course the manger would be right.

BUT, we currently sit in no-man''s land so giving a few youngster valuable bench/first team experience would indicate future prospects.

From this afternoon''s presser, it does sound as though Edwards will make the squad tomorrow.Let''s wait and see eh?

At most clubs, statement such as these would see Farke working his ticket, but at Norwich City that seems to be ok.

I think he would struggle to get a job at any other Football League side as, clubs would struggle with his soul-less, ineffective football made by clockwork ferrets.

I know we have to get the finances sorted, but why do we have to suffer Farke''s dreary self-defeating football?

And where did Farke say he won''t do that Broadstairs?

"And where did Farke say he won''t do that Broadstairs?"

I never remotely said he did say that. Just expressing my opinion on the matter .

Bob - not sure Edwards will be in the squad tomorrow. The quote from DF says he''s much improved, but "there''s still a way to go on his work against the ball."

Maybe if we''re short of home grown numbers in the squad perhaps, but we have Gunn, McGovern, Raggett, Lewis, Husband, Reed, Murphy, Maddison and Watkins all fit and, so far, all have been deemed ''better'' options than him.

His full quote is -

“Before I signed the contract here we spoke about how we have to develop our own and we have to improve the work in the academy,” he said. “I am totally convinced it is the right way. If we have to replace a player then our first look will always be the academy. We knew we needed a left full back last summer but we wanted Jamal and even after his injury we didn’t go out and get an experienced lad. If you look at him now and his development you would say we have created value, the same with Josh Murphy and James Maddison. That is our way. But you can’t be too naïve. With just 18-year-olds on the pitch you can’t win points in the Championship. It is important you have leaders, like Alex Tettey, Ivo Pinto, Timm Klose and Grant Hanley. That is important to find a good balance.”

Nothing unreasonable about the "18-year-olds" statement when in context. When players are ready they have been given a chance.

Cantwell being give a chance to run around at Stamford Bridge is a great example of that, even if he was subbed later. Good quote.

Is Ambrose our next signing?

Well, he was German...

Ambrose

Bishop

Aurelius Ambrosius, better known in English as Ambrose, was a bishop of Milan who became one of the most influential ecclesiastical figures of the 4th century.

Born: 337 AD, Trier, Germany

Ambrose has scored for Hibs tonight. Have we sent him there on loan.

Old Curtley was very tall so he could be the answer to our problems up front.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]Is Ambrose our next signing?

Well, he was German...

Ambrose

Bishop

Aurelius Ambrosius, better known in English as Ambrose, was a bishop of Milan who became one of the most influential ecclesiastical figures of the 4th century.

Born: 337 AD, Trier, Germany[/quote]Which is why Internazionale used to have Ambrosiana as part of its name.

There is a Man City youngster called Thierry Ambrose who is bloody brilliant on Football Manager, maybe it''s him?

He meant Abrahams (i dun the annulisis).

so say yes - give those yoof team playas a chnce! after consulting with Pete and a matchday programme from 1995:

Boxbrough - betwixt the stix

Tom Jordan - rightback-to-front

E''Feta - centreback (his name is Yorkshire for "gosh! cheese")

Odusinner - spittingback

Aaarrrons - leftback, wasn''t sure how many As and Rs - so i put plenty

Power - name speaks for itself

MoreGas - what we won''t getting from the Russians anymore!

Adams/Phillips - one of them - pretty sure they must be pretty old by now!

Funky - rubbish player, great dancer

Cameron McGeehan - was good a few back - not sure why we haven''t seen much of him?

Ambrose - got to be in the team

[quote user="pete"]"You don''t win championship games with 18 year olds. Genius statement made in order to explain why Ambrose will not be given a chance. Allow me to educate Danny Boy you can''t win matches unless you score. Dennis obviously doesn''t cut ther mustard, Nelson output is pitiful. Farke needs to do something to rectify but seemingly will not do anything.

Best hope for Reading is scoreless draw best hope for any remaining match this season. Give us some inspiration.[/quote]Here''s hoping that you had a wedge of cash on that scoreless draw, you certainly sound stupid enough to have gone for it!