Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Are we moving forward

[quote user="Samwam27"]Whatever farke might be trying, or saying, no one seems to be responding[/quote]Don''t think he''s lost the dressing room though, more like he hasn''t found it yet

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Samwam27"]Whatever farke might be trying, or saying, no one seems to be responding[/quote]Don''t think he''s lost the dressing room though, more like he hasn''t found it yet[/quote]

I like it!

1p5wich lose 3-0 at home and still we’re looking upwards to them. With departures of Maddison, Gunn, Tettey and Reed highly probable and others, such as Klose, Pinto and Olivera possible, we’ll be in tier three before you know it. What a shambles.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]1p5wich lose 3-0 at home and still we’re looking upwards to them. With departures of Maddison, Gunn, Tettey and Reed highly probable and others, such as Klose, Pinto and Olivera possible, we’ll be in tier three before you know it. What a shambles.[/quote]you are rightwe could be there by fridayas to looking up I can''t see us ever catching up to the £90m of debt, or defrauding the taxman, having ''gangsters'' turning up to our (note our) training groundand it will be a long while yet before we have less than 10,000 turn up to our league games

[quote user="Supermarket Sweep"]and it will be a long while yet before we have less than 10,000 turn up to our league games[/quote]But that''s only because we''ve got 20,000 season ticket holders who have nothing better to do on Saturday afternoons than toddle along to CR to have a chat with their mates who sit near them. The football to them is a minor inconvenience.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Supermarket Sweep"]and it will be a long while yet before we have less than 10,000 turn up to our league games[/quote]But that''s only because we''ve got 20,000 season ticket holders who have nothing better to do on Saturday afternoons than toddle along to CR to have a chat with their mates who sit near them. The football to them is a minor inconvenience.[/quote]What a pleasant view you have of fellow fans, if indeed you are one at all?

Nope, we’re going backwards.

I can’t see wher we’ve improved at all this season. Yes, we can be solid, but then look impotent going forward. If we play a more open game, we often look a shambles at the back. Farke still hasn’t found the balance and we’re 90% into the season.

It’ll only get worse once we sell off the last of our prized assets too.

Well at least those 20,000 have that to do MP. It seems to me you have nothing better to do than sit at home following the game and ranting on here to folk you don''t know....

[quote user="STFU"]“Are you taking over

Or are you taking orders

Are you going backwards

Or are you going forwards?”[/quote]

Ah the Redskins, happy days!

I think the DOF role Webber has maybe could be a problem to us one we pay two people to do what the right manager could do

also what happens if we sack Farke then get a new Head coach etc and find out it was Webber all along which was the problem ?

a lot of teams in this league do not have players as good as maddison Nelson klose pinto zimm Gunn tettey wes so why are they under performing ? even watkins looks good playing for another team so why can we not get him anywhere near that form ?

something is wrong and next season will be the same i fear

[quote user="nutty nigel"]It seems to me you have nothing better to do than sit at home following the game and ranting on here to folk you don''t know....[/quote]Nothing better to do than sit at home says the man who has made in excess of 31000 posts more than me in 2 years less than me [;)

[quote user="Rivvo"][quote user="STFU"]“Are you taking over

Or are you taking orders

Are you going backwards

Or are you going forwards?”[/quote]

Ah the Redskins, happy days![/quote]

Well spotted Rivvo, though I thought someone would recognise the lyrics from White Riot rather than Turnin'' Loose!

[quote user=" Badger"][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Supermarket Sweep"]and it will be a long while yet before we have less than 10,000 turn up to our league games[/quote]But that''s only because we''ve got 20,000 season ticket holders who have nothing better to do on Saturday afternoons than toddle along to CR to have a chat with their mates who sit near them. The football to them is a minor inconvenience.[/quote]What a pleasant view you have of fellow fans, if indeed you are one at all?[/quote]
Also thats kind of implying that those lot down the road have more to do in the complete dump that is Ipswich.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="nutty nigel"]It seems to me you have nothing better to do than sit at home following the game and ranting on here to folk you don''t know....[/quote]Nothing better to do than sit at home says the man who has made in excess of 31000 posts more than me in 2 years less than me [;)[/quote]
That''s heartening. It shows how many winning weeks and successful periods we''ve actually had in the last ten years when you haven''t posted. 
Or maybe I have more to post about. Or maybe both.

[quote user="Samwam27"]Yes we scored goals, yes the defense had a mare, and yes we had a dodgy ref, but even though this is a transitional season, are we really moving forward?

The defense has improved (yesterday aside) but we may lose a great keeper in Gunn come the summer.

NO failed to score again, doesn''t fit our system and has been poor in the goalscoring area all season. I think we must sell him and get at least two strikers in.

Madds aside, and we''re sure to lose him, so we need an attacking, goalscoring replacement.

And imo Murphy isn''t quite upto it, and I don''t want to start on Watkins. Do we need to replace these too aswell to give us more of a goal threat?

What are peoples thoughts on Hernandez so far?

It worries me that if you took Madds out of this team, we''d be in a relegation scrap for sure.

Thoughts?[/quote]

Saturday could be a guide to how much we have progressed, remember last season with Irvine in charge against Reading we were 6 - 0 up at half time and won 7 - 1. What price another 0 - 0. That will determine whether we have moved in any direction.

[quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Last season we lost 2-1 at Barnsley.
Last night we drew 1-1.
Does that tell us anything?
[/quote]

Yeah, Alex Neil is not Alan Irvine.[/quote]
Oh...
OK.
So if we fall short of the seven goals in the Reading fixture but concede less than 3 against Fulham will things at least be looking up?

Played golf today in the same four as a Baggie.

I asked him if he regretted the sacking of Pulis and the fans bitter treatment of him towards the end.

He told me that he understood the feeling among lots and lots of Baggies was that they are accepting relegation. They are hoping that it sees the back of Pardew and that it brings in a manager who will entertain even if it means spending two or three seasons in the Championship.

He said they knew they couldn''t compete with the best but what was the point in playing dire stuff just to hang on?

So the question of us moving forward begs another question really.

Where do we want to be?

well we are not entertaining or successful

like your baggies friend said it is better to play good entertaining football and be unsuccessful than being dull boring and unsuccessful

i can not believe webber has not told farke we have to play more attacking and change this style of play

Several seasons of poor management on and off the pitch has brought us to critical point in our history. The financial upheaval and turnover of players made us a potential relegation candidate this season. The football has not been pretty the home form dire but a better defence and away record has meant we are comfortable mid table any better in the circumstances was unrealistic.. Next season is another matter altogether there will be more change players will come and go we may have to settle for mid table at best for some seasons to come. I would say manager and director of football do need to improve on the style and home form or they will come under mounting criticism. But ask Sunderland fans and beware of what you wish for because they could be much worse

So now we have it. In just 12 months we''ve moved from wanting Alex Neil sacked for not being defensive enough to Farke needing to be told hes not being attacking enough.

Should we have just kept Alex?

You need to look at the bigger picture Nutty, you are being too short sighted.

There seems to be a few in this thread that have identified that our problems, the poor management have been needed to be sorted for years, not just all the awful time that Alex ruined our club.

I really do wonder what some have been watching.

It was the transfer policy of Alex coupled with the lavish contracts that has brought the club to this position. Others are also to blame. What we will never know is how this season of downsizing would have gone under him. He has done well at Preston but he has not had money to spend and waste and he inherited a solid defence a weakness he never improved here.

Oh nutty, and in response to your question we need to ask Alex back for the home games and let Daniel take care of the away games.

I don''t think I''m being particularly short sighted Gutto. Last season was far more enjoyable than this. And I''ve continually said so. This season has had some highlights though and there''s nothing better to do on matchday than go back for more.

I think the folk who are short sighted are those who think we can play with a different style home and away. Coaches don''t see a difference between one pitch and another and players will be drilled to play in a paricular way. I expect it''s possible to change the style on an electronic game though.

This mismanagement thing opens up a real can of worms. When do you think it occurred?

Sorry nutty, I did not make my sarcasm clear.

I do not think you are being short sighted and I personally have been happy with the management of this club. I think we have had (overall) a great time since our promotion from league 1.

I have already asked on this thread when this so called mismanaging occurred.

I do have a different opinion to you with different tactics for home and away. I think that is and always had been a consideration for different coaches and teams depending on opposition, positions and player availability etc but I wasn’t seriously making that point. Apologies.

Lol its me being thick Gutto ☺

I think coaches can easily change formations for different games or during games or home and away. But the coaches overall style remains in all those those formations. For instance 5-4-1 will be totally different under Neil to what it is under Farke.

Deffo my fault NN. It worked in my head but not when typed.

My only real criticism of anything NCFC is that I think the current manager should have changed tactics several games ago. I do believe that our players are capable of better results playing under different tactics.

I think it is always too easy to criticise our club. I tend to think you can only blame them in hindsight, when things have gone wrong. I think the club has done well since 2009 (and at times before but for this threads purpose 2009).