Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Scapegoat of the Season

I know there is still a fair few games left but I suggest there''ll be a bigger field to select from than past seasons.Some early runners such as Vrancic and Husband have dropped back. Whilst two who led the field, Martin and Naismith were fallers at Beeches Jock.If there is to be a front runner it has to be Oliveira who has had any of other trainers and stables but has lost none of his petulant behaviour since moning the Carrow Road.Don''t write off Webber or the ''tic tac'' man FarkeJarvis has been scratched and could be put down if he is thought not to be a runner again. Whilst Balls is no longer in the race as he has moved over to competitive dressage.And the housewife''s choice (no, not Jimmy Young) Delia is strongly fancied (by the shortsighted) but probably hasn''t been ridden much so any chance of coming up on the inside appear to be slim

err, noat work having driven here

ps I wouldn''t take everything too seriously ...... I don''t

I remember Pete starting a thread calling out Zimmermann for conceding a goal, against Leeds I think, when he wasn''t even in the team....

Calling him out from where ?" why hent we playun that Ambrose chap, signed him from spurs and he hent even on the bench... wos gorn non, thats wot oid loike ta know ?"

Josh Murphy looks like a good bet. 5 goals and 1 assist in 33 Championship appearances, and he doesn''t have the excuse of adapting to a new league like most of our new additions.

[quote user="X Fools"]A late entry must be Sir Benny he is truly awful[/quote]

"oi watched the game an tha radio Neal"

He was class yesterday, although he has not been good up until then.

What about Farke himself? Cant get it right, gives the same interview every week "Fo Sure"

Scapegoat is the most misused word on this forum.

Vrancic, Naismith, Martin and Husband weren''t scapegoats, they simply were not playing very well.

[quote user="tired"]Josh Murphy looks like a good bet. 5 goals and 1 assist in 33 Championship appearances, and he doesn''t have the excuse of adapting to a new league like most of our new additions.[/quote]

Yes but he''s one of our own so can''t criticise him can we even though he''s given Oliviera fark all service all year

[quote user="king canary"]Scapegoat is the most misused word on this forum.

Vrancic, Naismith, Martin and Husband weren''t scapegoats, they simply were not playing very well.[/quote]it is rather tongue in cheek, reflecting the need of some on here to have a player to blame for all our woesso the quest was to identify the one player who has had the most criticism heaped on himwith Cheltenham just ending ....... the ''joke'' was to see those players in the way of a horse racethat''s all

That may be.

But it''s still one of my biggest bugbears on here. So often any criticism of a player is met with ''oh I see (insert player x here) is the scapegoat this week.

Christiano Ronaldo.

Can''t stand the selfish, self important, paper hat.

[quote user="Haggerdoo"][quote user="tired"]Josh Murphy looks like a good bet. 5 goals and 1 assist in 33 Championship appearances, and he doesn''t have the excuse of adapting to a new league like most of our new additions.[/quote]

Yes but he''s one of our own so can''t criticise him can we even though he''s given Oliviera fark all service all year[/quote]
Murphy has had plenty of criticism. He''s struggled at home big time but been decent away. Oliveira has been pretty poor both home and away (and I don''t buy wingers not giving him service, notice yesterday how Srbeny always made an effort to be in the penalty area so Murphy and Hernandez played balls into the penalty area).

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Haggerdoo"][quote user="tired"]Josh Murphy looks like a good bet. 5 goals and 1 assist in 33 Championship appearances, and he doesn''t have the excuse of adapting to a new league like most of our new additions.[/quote]

Yes but he''s one of our own so can''t criticise him can we even though he''s given Oliviera fark all service all year[/quote]
Murphy has had plenty of criticism. He''s struggled at home big time but been decent away. Oliveira has been pretty poor both home and away (and I don''t buy wingers not giving him service, notice yesterday how Srbeny always made an effort to be in the penalty area so Murphy and Hernandez played balls into the penalty area).
[/quote]Oliveira is not a goal poacher as such, therefore he tends to drift about outside of the box looking to run at the defence.Watch the second Reading goal where there player gets in the box, even has his hand up for the ball before scoring.http://www.skysports.com/football/norwich-vs-reading/3750711m04secsCurrently that is not how we have been playing, so I am not sure if we can actually lay the blame on any player for the way they have been playing.