Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Onel Hernandez

Looks promising but need to see more of an end product. Works tirelessly and is very strong in a tackle.

An exciting prospect who’s looked good from the moment he started, just need to see continued improvement to add assists and goals to his game.

Hernandez and Murphy playing on the wings has the potential to be lethal, creating and scoring.

I think he''s got the potential to be a big asset to this side. It was nice to see some attacking football which scared defences for once. His crossing was a bit wayward at times, not helped by the fact he had nobody to aim for in the box half the time, but his pace and directness are good. I certainly like him, and think he should keep his place for our next game.

Also, just to note, the I think the side looked far more balanced with two proper wingers (although, annoyingly, we did still manage to concede goals which won''t help my statement!).

Also, thought he did well defensively, which is a huge plus.

Quite impressive so far. I think criticism of his final ball is a bit unfair. He looks to me like he''s generally trying to find the right ball rather than just hoping. Although sometimes a winger does just have to try to put it into an area.

Agree with that GJP.

I think the thing I''m most impressed by is his physicality. He''s stronger than most wingers and has a low center of gravity which makes him hard to knock off the ball.

On Saturday I was struck by the way he appeared to be constantly chatting to and encouraging Murphy. He seemed intent on improving the understanding between them and getting them working together. Good to see.

I really like Onel. He over hit some crosses on Saturday, yes (so did Josh btw), but he also gave the Reading defence plenty to think about.Plus, if there isn''t anyone in the box then why just ''put it into an area?'' We don''t tend to get that many in the box from open play, which means the wingers we have are better off trying to get to the byline and then cut it back to an arriving player for the most part.

I love watching this sort of player, he seems to be developing well, hope we find a style of play to make good use of his talent.

This is the kind of player Id hoped Wildschutt would be. We generally seem to have played Wildschutt out of position. If we''re planning on using Hernandez as a first teamer next season (ie not relying on wing-backs for width), is there any potential for Wildschutt on the opposite flank next season?

Im pleased Murphy has returned to a wider role, central forward just didnt suit him, but seing as we splurged 7m on Wildschutt it would be nice not to give up on him - or is it a given that he will be moved on?

I think Wildschut will be moving on- all the reports seem to suggest he''s on some sizeable wages and I can''t see him as being anything more than a squad player here.

I think Hernandez can play as part of the 3-4-3 system we''ve played previously too.

An exciting player to watch when running past defenders,yes his crossing can be a bit shall i say over enthusiastic at times but that is a common feature of a crowd pleaser. Needs to up his fitness levels as he understandably gets tired the longer the game goes on.

Had a good game on Saturday and looked like he''ll be very effective.

Often, with these types of players, people bemoan their lack of final ball or finishing - ignoring the fact that if they were capable of delivering that quality on a regular basis they would be playing at a much higher level than we currently find ourselves.