Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Huddersfield want Maddison for £15m

Key moment for the board this Madders sale when it happens. If they want fans to buy in to or accept the new “model” which is predicated on us developing talent and selling on for a profit to sustain the club then it is essential that we get the very best price possible for players when we do sell. We cannot be known as a soft touch.

I don’t think he would go to the likes of Huddersfield. They may be temporarily above us but I still think there is a fair chance they will come down this season or if they don’t then they will be s fair bet for relegation next season. Pritchard could have done better had he been patient and Madders can certainly do way better. I expect him to go to a top 8 club and £25m should be the minimum given his suitors.

I don''t see anyone paying 25m for a player who has not played PL. Maybe a potential fee depending on achievements if one of the top 6 clubs is interested. 

Maddison is a class act regardless of what league he happens to be in right now,he will be THE british player to buy and i''d be amazed if bids of 25-30 million were not coming in June/July

I would be massively surprised if we got anywhere near 25m for a player whos not played a minute of premier league football and only had one, admittedly very good, season in the championship.

We would be doing very very well if we got something like 17m and some addons.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Key moment for the board this Madders sale when it happens. If they want fans to buy in to or accept the new “model” which is predicated on us developing talent and selling on for a profit to sustain the club then it is essential that we get the very best price possible for players when we do sell. We cannot be known as a soft touch.

I don’t think he would go to the likes of Huddersfield. They may be temporarily above us but I still think there is a fair chance they will come down this season or if they don’t then they will be s fair bet for relegation next season. Pritchard could have done better had he been patient and Madders can certainly do way better. I expect him to go to a top 8 club and £25m should be the minimum given his suitors.[/quote]eh ?I''m not too sure that is actually the ideaThe club is perfectly able to sustain itself as it is - however the cost of quality players is now beyond our current budget levels so to have ''better quality'' players we have to be serious about developing ''unknowns''.I think you have got cause and effect muddled up here.

In the context of the firesale our negotiating position is incredibly weak - akin to the UK’s on Brexit - don’t think we’ll get anything like the 25m we would get if our position was stronger.

''The club is perfectly able to sustain itself as it is''

I''m really not sure this is true right now- we might be getting there but I don''t think we''re there yet.

Other than the fact we are in the Championship, I don''t think we are in a weak position at all. Maddison is happy enough here, is on a long deal probably not earning loads and we are doing alright for money despite the parachute payment situation.

Newcastle had £18m turned down for Tom Cairney and Maddison is a much better prospect. If he goes for less than £20m i''d be extremely disappointed.

Regardless of what he goes for, it''ll be years before we have a player as good as him again.

[quote user="king canary"]''The club is perfectly able to sustain itself as it is''

I''m really not sure this is true right now- we might be getting there but I don''t think we''re there yet.[/quote]My point is in addressing the longer term.No club is a selling club as that is turning reality on it''s head. City will adjust their outgoings to meet their incomings, not the other way round as this ''selling club'' nonsense suggests.Players will pretty much always move to suit their (often perceived) abilities. Therefore we will sell, just as we will buy ... Maddison, Godfrey, Sir Benny etcBut the idea that those players bought and done so with a view of ''fattening them up for market'' is absurd