Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Huddersfield want Maddison for £15m

I''d imagine most teams in the Premier League will have some interest in him. In the current market we can''t be selling for less than £20m minimum.

No chance at that price and no chance for Huddersfield. For a start it''s a fair bet they will be back in the Championship next season.

A lot of people doubted it when I said it earlier in the season but it''s a sure bet he will be going much higher than the strugglers.

I think we have to accept he''s going but agree with previous posters that he''s capable of playing at a much higher level than Huddersfield. And he''s worth a lot more than £15m

Someone like Leicester might be about right.

But we ain''t got no money so it isn''t a strong position for us.

Never in a million years would he go to Huddersfield, as a fan I hope he would go to either Liverpool or Spurs as I think that’s where he would have the best chance of developing.

Also, given his recent interview it doesn’t sound like he’s in a rush to leave, and may even stay - but do we need to sell to finance the rebuild of the squad?

As for Gunn to Stoke - why would he leave to be no2 to Butland? Surely he needs to be playing every week in order to carry on developing?

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Never in a million years would he go to Huddersfield, as a fan I hope he would go to either Liverpool or Spurs as I think that’s where he would have the best chance of developing.

Also, given his recent interview it doesn’t sound like he’s in a rush to leave, and may even stay - but do we need to sell to finance the rebuild of the squad?

As for Gunn to Stoke - why would he leave to be no2 to Butland? Surely he needs to be playing every week in order to carry on developing?[/quote]

Apparently Butland is going to Liverpool in the summer

[quote user="GJP"]Someone like Leicester might be about right.

But we ain''t got no money so it isn''t a strong position for us.[/quote]The fact that we ain''t got no money shouldn''t come into it. He''s worth £25m by modern standards and that is what we should hold our for.Our strength is his quality and if someone wants him then they pay the asking price or they don''t get. Simple.The board have to be strong and stick it out until they get what he''s worth - and we don''t want some crappy clapped out PL failure as part of the deal. It has to be all money.

“The fact that we ain''t got no money shouldn''t come into it. He''s worth £25m by modern standards and that is what we should hold our for.

Our strength is his quality and if someone wants him then they pay the asking price or they don''t get. Simple.

The board have to be strong and stick it out until they get what he''s worth - and we don''t want some crappy clapped out PL failure as part of the deal.

It has to be all money”

👍

I look forward to seeing Maddison at the very top of the game as I think he’s that good and will be that good. Hopefully he goes to a top PL team but one that he can break into the first team with in the near future.

A down to earth guy who we are lucky to have. Is it wishful thinking to believe he’ll still be with us next season? Unless the move is right for him, I don’t think he’d have any issue with staying. Unfortunately it’ll be whether the club need to sell and what offer comes in.

Blimey, the Sun putting up a story that Maddison is wanted by a PL clubTop investigative journalism there lads(though I preferred their startling revelation about the pope''s religion)

Haggerdoo, only guessing , but wouldn''t be surprised if there is a clause in the deal we did for Pritchard whereby we we get a sum of money if they stay up + possibly a promotion clause for Cam.

Anything less than £20 million is daylight robbery. Can’t see him going anywhere near a struggling Premier League club. Like someone said earlier on the thread would need to a Leicester or another established team.

I’d love it if he stays but we have to be realistic.

I’m sure that they do want him for £15 million! Unfortunately for them he will be going higher up the pyramid and hopefully for more of a fee.

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"][quote user="Supermarket Sweep"]so doff binboy[/quote]

Lower Barclay C Q 74. Come and say hello[/quote]so you are Highland Canarythat''s rather a surprise

Ah bless, Highland still believes everything he reads, how refreshing to see such innocence in a cynical society.

Had to double their offer to sign Pritchard do it again and £30m will get your man. Unfortunately lower PL sides and Maddison will get to play every week not the case with Spurs or Liverpool. But £15m forget it. But to sign for lower PL club will curtail JM''s career for next 3 years or until they get relegated.

[quote user="pete"]Had to double their offer to sign Pritchard do it again and £30m will get your man. Unfortunately lower PL sides and Maddison will get to play every week not the case with Spurs or Liverpool. But £15m forget it. But to sign for lower PL club will curtail JM''s career for next 3 years or until they get relegated.[/quote]what about Ambrose ?