Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Wigan

Impressed by them again today - will do ok in the chumps. One or two handy players i wouldn''t mind coming to us.

If Wigan get promoted they will be in the same division as us so i cannot see Powell and Grigg leaving unless it is for more money which surely counts us out?

Always liked Grigg, but think we missed the boat in being able to sign him now.

I agree with Swindon, if we cannot re-loan Gunn, we''ll be looking for a new keeper. Thought he played quite well, he''s also only 22.

Fair point, we do indeed King. It will be interesting to see what happens to Remi and McGovern this summer, regardless of what happens with Gunn/new keeper.

Out of interest though, Walton has kept clean sheets in 63% of games played, Remi is on 44%. Walton has played one game more.

Clean sheets are very much a team effort AJ.

By all accounts Matthews has been playing very well for Plymouth. To sign another young goalkeeper rather than giving our own up and coming players a chance would be a real shame in my opinion and also not send a great message.

Matthews is 24 now so guess next season is either going to see him get a chance with us, one he looks as if he has deserved and earnt, given his form and the good reviews he''s been getting at PA, or he''ll be off to further his career elsewhere-and I am sure they''d be first in the queue to sign him.

I know a Plymouth fan and they love Remi! When he went to them they looked nailed on for a relegation scrap having been unlucky with goalkeeper injuries. He went on emergency loan, looked good but then got injured himself but then went back on loan during the window. Since he''s been there they''ve moved up in to the play offs!

I thought he looked good when he played in our pre-season friendlies. He seemed very similar to Angus and looked comfortable playing in Farke''s system unlike McGovern who always looked like he was panicking with the short passes etc.

The Hamilton fans also loved Remi when he was with them last season. If we can''t get Angus back then I''d love to see Remi given a chance to fight for our no1 slot.

Good point Capricorn about being able to play in the system, its a vital part of how we set up these days. I suspect McGovern will be one who the club will want to shift due to wages, so I expect us to be in the market for a keeper to replace him and for Remi and the new guy to be our choices.

Could be someone from overseas. All the Germans...

Woodman, we actually find ourselves of being in the unique position of desperately needing more homegrown players!

[quote user="AJ"]Fair point, we do indeed King. It will be interesting to see what happens to Remi and McGovern this summer, regardless of what happens with Gunn/new keeper.

Out of interest though, Walton has kept clean sheets in 63% of games played, Remi is on 44%. Walton has played one game more.[/quote]There is one thing that now looks more certain, and that is the career of players at City.I can only see McGovern staying as ''No 2''. If Gunn goes then Mathews will replace him. Jones will leave this summer.It will not benefit any developing City keeper to be sat on the bench as cover.

[quote user="AJ"]Woodman, we actually find ourselves of being in the unique position of desperately needing more homegrown players![/quote]

Agreed - though with the returning loan players, we will have a lot more home grown - Matthews, Godfrey, Thompson (injured), Cantwell, Morris, Ramsey. Although, how many of these would make the matchday squad? Two, maybe three?