Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Beating Utd 2-1 at Old Trafford

Got up this morning and put Sky Sport on with my cuppa, to find highlights of us beating Man Utd 2-1 at Old Trafford in 2015. Goals from Jerome and Tettey.

Made me wonder where it all went wrong?

[quote user="ec-p"]Can anyone remember who we played next and what the score was?[/quote]I Believe we out played Spurs for a lot of the match, but lost it 3-0 ! 

Neil ------ McNally------- Smith and Jones.

Bad selection of signings with lots of waste and ongoing expenses.

Implementing it with overblown fees and wages.

For sanctioning the utter madness.

That''s why it all went wrong.

Irresponsible all-round.

No wonder NeiL was sacked.

McNally fled the scene.

The two have one more season, for me, to get something right and that''s bordering on the generous, imo.

There''s me thinking this thread was about the 2-1 win at Old Trafford in 1967, goals from Don Heath and Gordon Bolland. What a great day out that was.

What a great away day that was. Anything seemed possible as I drove home that evening.

Parked on the Cricket ground car park, which seemed to be staffed by very happy Man City supporters who were loving it.

1967, 1986, 2015.Once every 20 years so I look forward to us doing it again in 2035 although I probably won''t be here to see it.

Best away day I''ve ever done, I remember queing for a coffee at the services just outside Birmingham grinning like a Cheshire cat as a car full of united fans came in noticed my shirt and walked on gingerly, what a time to be alive! lol.

We won at OT in 1989/90, so there''s still hope MP. You might want to check your arithmetic, though. There''s another 9 years between 1986 and 2015. 😂

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]I was actually in New Zealand then, and bounced out of bed, when I turned my phone on, and saw the score.[/quote]

Me too Crabby. I was in New Plymouth at the time just about to head up to the Coromandel for Christmas. Whereabouts were you?

We were staying at the side of Lake Taupo that day, Rusty. Doing a bit of a tour (Rotorua/Hobbit/Bungee etc) before heading back to Auckland, for Xmas