Sign in to follow this  
Woodman

Season petering out

OK, so we''re not going up or down and the rest of the season is about ensuring we get above Ipswich and into the top 10. Last season when it became clear we wouldn''t be getting into the playoffs, our remaining home games became devoid of atmosphere.

Fortunately this year we have Fulham, Villa, Cardiff and Leeds to come to Carrow Road, all of whom (bar Leeds), have a great deal riding on their remaining games. Even the Leeds game should be good, given their fans are usually vocal. This should mean that we get some entertaining games & let''s hope we can avoid being on the beach - which I can''t see being tolerated by Farke & co.

The season still has interest in it.  Eight games to go still gives us a possible 24 points to go at and if somehow we managed to win all those, we would have 76 points.  Probably not going to happen, but the impetus has to be upwards to carry us into next season on a positive note.  Any relaxing or winding down would be unprofessional and even if promotion isn''t happening, getting as many points as possible has to be the aim.

The main interest for me is in seeing how the new players settle in, particularly Srbeny. I''m a touch disappointed Farke hasn''t given Raggatt some minutes as it would be good to see more of him too.

Had a little chuckle at the idea that winning every single game is ''probably not going to happen'' though.

I''m with King on this one, still a lot to play fot. How will Srbeny and Hernandez be doing by season end? I hope they both get their first goals for the club in the remaining games at least. Regardless of whether Maddison goes in the summer or not, we must enjoy his talent here whilst we can.

A lot of players will also be playing for things too; Will Murphy be able to up his game?

Will we see Raggett?

Plus, we can finish about Ipswich and try get as high up the table as we can!

You''d think players realise they are playing for their place next year, but often it doesn''t look like that.

I guess we''ve been spoilt for the last 10 years, with something to play for at this point of the season virtually every year.  Last season was the first time for ages that we didn''t. 

If you look back at say the 10 years after 1995, mostly it was like this year.

Petered out about mid January.. most boring dull unentertaining season in years. Got a season ticket, not been for weeks and unlikely to make the 6 hour journey again (there & back) this season...

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]We''ve still got a target, finish above those down the road ![/quote][Y]

As for being on the beach, some poor buggers at Hemsby already are.

Who was Peter and why did folk want him out?

He is Danny Ings brother.

[quote user="X Fools"]It is the cutting edged analysis from the OP that makes this board so entertaining[/quote]

And yet, you chose to comment...

We’ve still got something to play for, 52 points wasn’t enough to keep Leicester up in 2007/08 and Peterborough went down in 2011/12 with 54 points.

Very true.

One win ought to do it then.

Then they can bump the thread.

We have some tough home games coming up where we can see if this lot have the bottle and fight to get results, or if they just roll over. I don''t see much chance of seeing many fringe players tbh.

Im enjoying what most sensible fans predicted - seeing some of our signings from foreign leagues improve and make those who decided to write them all off after 3 games look...well...you know.

If we can manage to finish above those lot down the road despite a complete transition period at the club that would be a laugh too.

Then hopefully McCarthy will leave and we can enjoy watching them fall to league one next season.