Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Players out of contract May 2018

According to PlanetFootball we only have two, Wes and Alex. Binner’s have no less than twelve, that’s going to take some recruiting

Both on whom would be worth keeping if it was only a case of their playing contribution ie not wagesAs to the binners they will simply drag in another dozen misfits and cast offs - although they may well lose out as their keeper has not signed a new contract and so could walk out for nothing.

"binner" fixation strikes again, really am worried about you, the lady doth protest too much methinks!

It''s a weird one- they made a big deal that he''d ''agreed'' a new deal although not actually signed it. Now it has dragged out and he still hasn''t actually signed.

I am more concerned about about who will be playing in goal for us next season rather than the goalkeeping problems at Scum HQ but each to their own i suppose.

[quote user="king canary"]@til

Good for you. Maybe make a comment about that then...[/quote]
Exactly, for all of City 1st, for want of a better word... ''issues'' , he didn''t even start this thread and simply commented upon it. If Til could focus on his own posts as much as he did City''s, he might have some interesting things to say.

Canaryking starts a thread about players out of contract naming Wes and Tettey and this thread bizarrely has been turned into a conversation solely about the Scum and their goalkeepers contract complete with a link !Two of our better performers this season Gunn and Reed could also be returning to their parent clubs but hey let''s all spent an evening posting about the Scum rather than look at our own upcoming situation in May.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="king canary"]@til

Good for you. Maybe make a comment about that then...[/quote]
Exactly, for all of City 1st, for want of a better word... ''issues'' , he didn''t even start this thread and simply commented upon it. If Til could focus on his own posts as much as he did City''s, he might have some interesting things to say.
[/quote]Aha, I have ahem ...... ishoooooos (not sure who issued them though)But perhaps some might just see where the problem is here. I merely replied, then provided a link to back what I had stated, but yet again my shadow pops up to divert the thread to being about me, as with his sidekickAnyway back on thread.Do we need Wes or Tettey given that McClean is out on loan as is Godfrey.....and Thompson should be back. Though will Maddison (sale) or Reed and Leitner (end of loan) stay ?Away from those there does seem we are becoming a ''second chance'' club as far as players are concerned - or development as I would like to refer to it as. We know about the youngsters coming through.But the ''theme'' with players like Trybull. Leitner, Odel and Edwards is that somehow it hasn''t been working for them and maybe a fresh start at City is what is needed. Which does suggest that something at Colney is getting it right.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Canaryking starts a thread about players out of contract naming Wes and Tettey and this thread bizarrely has been turned into a conversation solely about the Scum and their goalkeepers contract complete with a link !Two of our better performers this season Gunn and Reed could also be returning to their parent clubs but hey let''s all spent an evening posting about the Scum rather than look at our own upcoming situation in May.[/quote]
Canaryking was the one who mentioned that we only had two players with contracts up, whilst the binners had 12....that was the context of the OP in which people replied to it.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I am more concerned about about who will be playing in goal for us next season rather than the goalkeeping problems at Scum HQ but each to their own i suppose.[/quote] Here is my original post Hogesar so maybe you could point out where i am having a pop at City1st ?Yet again he has played the victim card accusing me of following him around i now see so could you please find me a thread currently active anywhere near the top of the page that he has not posted on ...no thought not.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I am more concerned about about who will be playing in goal for us next season rather than the goalkeeping problems at Scum HQ but each to their own i suppose.[/quote] Here is my original post Hogesar so maybe you could point out where i am having a pop at City1st ?Yet again he has played the victim card accusing me of following him around i now see so could you please find me a thread currently active anywhere near the top of the page that he has not posted on ...no thought not.[/quote]Stop making a fool of yourself Til - it is obvious to others what you are doing.And nobody says you are not permitted to post on threads that I have posted on. Just address your posts to the subject matter or what has been postedthat''s all

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Two of our better performers this season Gunn and Reed could also be returning to their parent clubs[/quote]Equally though, two of Plymouth and Shrewsbury''s better performers will be returning to us

[quote user="TheManWhoSoldDerveld"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Two of our better performers this season Gunn and Reed could also be returning to their parent clubs[/quote]Equally though, two of Plymouth and Shrewsbury''s better performers will be returning to us[/quote]And McClean so the reports suggest

Oops, all I was saying was that we only had two, they have twelve, just to add to the mess that they are already in. Wish I hadn’t bothered

Just looking at the list, there are some interesting names on there.

Bobby Reid at Bristol City has had a fantastic season although I''m sure he won''t be short of suitors if he goes on a free.

Also it looks like half of Bolton''s squad is out of contract!

I think TIL is on the male menopause, or just a grumpy old man (Victor Meldrew?)

I’d like to see Wes and Tettey offered new terms, but obviously on lower terms.

Both could do a job, and in Wes, though he might not feature much, he’s physically still quite good and his experience could prove invaluable to the youngsters.

Tettey plays pretty much every week when he''s fit and Wes virtually not at all.

It seems obvious that we will look to persuade Tettey to stay on reduced wages if we possibly can while Wes will be moving on.

At least Morty was funny!

What do you mean I’m funny?

It’s funny. You know, your, uh... your story, it’s funny. You’re a funny guy.

You mean the way I talk? What?

It’s just... you know... you... it’s... you’re just funny. It’s... funny... you know, the way you tell the story and everything.

Funny how? I mean what’s funny about it?

no, you got it all wrong.

Whoa, whoa. He’s a big boy. He knows what he said. What’d you say? Funny how?

just... you know, you’re... you’re funny.

You mean . . . let me understand this, ‘cause I dunno, maybe it’s me, I’m a little fucked up maybe. But I’m funny how? I mean, funny like I’m a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I’m here to fuckin’ amuse you? What do you mean, funny? Funny how? How’m I funny?

Just, you know, how you tell the story. What?

No. No. I don’t know. You said it. How do I know? You said I’m funny. (Furiously) How the fuck am I funny? What the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me! Tell me what’s funny!

I believe we have a few U23 players out of contract too. I might be wrong, but I think Efete and Oxborough will be due to sign professional contracts

"I am more concerned about about who will be playing in goal for us next season rather than the goalkeeping problems at Scum HQ but each to their own i suppose2

I''m interested in both, but I feel Remi Matthews will be a good replacement if necessary.

Their ''keeper is their best player by a mile and will be a massive loss ... ha.

Gunn comes behind the valuable Maddison.