Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

First summer signing already..

Mason Bloomfield from Dagenham and Redbridge, joining the under 23''s.
2 goals in 18 games in the national league isn''t exactly outstanding but he''s 21, has seemed to progress quickly from when he joined them from Aveley according to their manager.

2 in 18 would get him a starting place as a striker at the moment.

The rest of the side does the scoring for us right now.

It specifically says he''s joining the under 23''s so can''t imagine we''ll be seeing much of him in the first team soon.

21 with 2 goals at National League level isn''t the most promising numbers I''ve ever seen though.

I guess it is a sign of where we are these days. You would like to think we would be signing prolific strikers in the lower leagues and seeing if they can make the step up in the Championship. On paper this is the signing of someone who hasnt even made the step up in the lower leagues yet.

Hope he comes good though!

At least Cody smashed them in at lower league level. Don''t really know what to make of this guy, Abrahams number 2 really, probably won''t ever see him in the senior team.

Low cost, low risk though, so prepared to give him support and a chance.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]At least Cody smashed them in at lower league level. Don''t really know what to make of this guy, Abrahams number 2 really, probably won''t ever see him in the senior team.

Low cost, low risk though, so prepared to give him support and a chance.[/quote]
Corr, aren''t we lucky you''re prepared to support one of our players?! [:P]

I didn''t know Tettey''s Jig was in the Corrs

Who’s writing him off?

A striker with a scoring record of a goal every nine games must be an improvement on our current incumbents....

Seriously gut, if youre going to follow me around on here can you come up with some worthwhile material?

You could even become something along the lines of an actual contributor to football discussion and comment on the topic of the thread. Even Lincoln managed that one.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Presumably the scouts have seen something about him.

Comes under the heading ''worth a punt''.[/quote]That about sums it up.The club seems to be doing ok with it''s identifying of and developing players. And with it''s much harder focus on players giving 100% in every area then i''m sure they know enough about this player to think he is worth signingGood on the club and so doff the whingers.

Win some, lose some but gotta be in it to win it!

Our U23s have a serious shortage of striking options so like others have said would imagine this is not a first team signing and rather a longer term investment

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Tetteys Jig"]At least Cody smashed them in at lower league level. Don''t really know what to make of this guy, Abrahams number 2 really, probably won''t ever see him in the senior team.

Low cost, low risk though, so prepared to give him support and a chance.[/quote]
Corr, aren''t we lucky you''re prepared to support one of our players?! [:P]
[/quote]

I meant more like at least we''re not pissing away £8m on some absolute shite like Naismith.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]

I meant more like at least we''re not pissing away £8m on some absolute shite like Naismith.[/quote]I presume you have evidence of that figure ?an official statement from the club.... the accounts etc

Let me try that again

Scored one, set one up, and hit the bar with an overhead kick today I understand.