Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

England fans

England fans playing up in Amsterdam by throwing beer at people and other stuff with heavy police involvement.

If any of these idiots are going to the WC then they will meet their match.

On TV this morning David Mellor mentioned the behaviour of many Russian fans at the Euros, citing racism and violence and the fact that they particularly hate the English.

Mellor said anybody going to Russia must be "nuts."

If any going on here don''t wear the shirt as it seems it would be inviting trouble.

I''ve never known so many people so worried about a nation as everyone is about Russia, I see Vlads got prepared for all the fans with his government jet being used to ferry 60million quids worth of Coke for the games

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/the-mellor-affair-when-the-fun-stopped-mary-braid-and-jason-bennetto-on-the-intrigue-double-dealing-1535595.html

Sounds to me like the England hardcore aren''t bothering with Russia for obvious reasons and are having a weekend tear up in Holland instead.

"http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/the-mellor-affair-when-the-fun-stopped-mary-braid-and-jason-bennetto-on-the-intrigue-double-dealing-1535595.html "

What on earth has that red-top gossip got to do with the topic in question? Never bothered with details of his sex life myself as it never interested me.

I''ve little time for Mellor himself as I find him pompous and privileged, but he has acquainted himself with the matter stating for example that one of those envoys expelled by the Russians recently was the one who was to deal with English crowd protection at the WC. and more.

Sex scandals of decades ago are irrelevant. Now address the topic, if you are capable.

"Sorry, I thought this was the alternative England fans thread."

Well you were wrong they were both posted at about the same time.

You are a very humorous chap though , I''ll give you that.

I see you''ve infected the other thread with another of your rib-ticklers now.

Mellorphant Man also mentioned the Russian fans propensity for carrying knives, any fans on this thread deserve to know this ... if they don''t already.

There could likely be a very serious incident or more.

"Well you were wrong they were both posted at about the same time.''

😂

One came first up and one came second, this was the second one. Think of it as a game of football.👍

But serious point, anyone going to Russia to support England is exposed to huge risk and wont be helped or protected by the police I suspect.

Worse than watching paint dry most of the time, the manager doesn''t exactly come across as inspirational - and a thug element in the fanbase that delights in bringing shame on the national flag. If it was club football, England would be sanctioned for having unruly fans. The governing bodies could do something about it, maybe ban England fans from attending games or even ban the team.....oh I forgot, it''s FIFA and the FA.....nothing going to happen there then. Maybe the goverment should do something about it - take away their passports, lock them up when an England match is on or somesuch. Whatever, international football doesn''t have much going for it at the moment.  The fact the world cup is in Russia is a farce too - the behaviour of their so called fans in recent years should have been enough to stop any idea of Russia being a venue......well done FIFA, again. 

Worse than watching paint dry most of the time,

A lot better last night LDC. Looked sharp and pacy up front.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Worse than watching paint dry most of the time,

A lot better last night LDC. Looked sharp and pacy up front.[/quote]I made myself switch on and watch the last twenty minutes where we looked pretty ordinary. Must have been better before that. Another reason I don''t like watching it is when Deli Ali plays.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Worse than watching paint dry most of the time, the manager doesn''t exactly come across as inspirational - and a thug element in the fanbase that delights in bringing shame on the national flag. If it was club football, England would be sanctioned for having unruly fans. The governing bodies could do something about it, maybe ban England fans from attending games or even ban the team.....oh I forgot, it''s FIFA and the FA.....nothing going to happen there then. Maybe the goverment should do something about it - take away their passports, lock them up when an England match is on or somesuch. Whatever, international football doesn''t have much going for it at the moment.  The fact the world cup is in Russia is a farce too - the behaviour of their so called fans in recent years should have been enough to stop any idea of Russia being a venue......well done FIFA, again. 

[/quote]Probably true if you''re lumbered with supporting England.[:''(] [G]Not everyone has that burden. And diehard Remainers[H] have no fewer than nine countries to cheer on...[<:o)]

Totally disagree, keep politics out of sport, why should sportsmen or sportswomen be used as pawns in conflicts between governments and be deprived of the chance to compete in the biggest events in their chosen profession?

Also it would be a pointless gesture that would be hardy noticed.

If there were to be a mass boycott then that''s a different matter, but other counties are seemingly uninterested.

In the meantime our players and fans would suffer, not that we don''t suffer enough already.

Keeping politics out of sport is also correct, except in extreme circumstances.

Played well last night. Hard to read much into it because I dont think you can get a true reflection of opposition pressing you in a friendly.

Decent enough result and display but lets not kid ourselves, the Dutch were very average at best

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Also it would be a pointless gesture that would be hardy noticed.

If there were to be a mass boycott then that''s a different matter, but other counties are seemingly uninterested.

In the meantime our players and fans would suffer, not that we don''t suffer enough already.

Keeping politics out of sport is also correct, except in extreme circumstances.[/quote]You cannot always separate sport from politics. A reasonable test is whether a country''s sport is directly affected by its politics. That was increasingly true with Nazi Germany, and certainly the case with South Africa, where the composition of its sporting teams was a direct result of - and so symbol of - its racist apartheid policies.Whereas that wsn''t true with any number of vicious military dictatorships in Central and South America, or of the Soviet Union. You could not determine the politics of those countries just by looking at the make-up of their football teams, or athletics squads.If the rule was that countries with a questionable political background could not stage or take part in sporting events then you would not have international sport, since there is hardly a country anywhere in the world that would pass the test.

Looks like Norwich had some fans there last night and before anyone says it i am not suggesting for one moment they were involved in any nonsense.Image may contain: 2 people, people standing and outdoor