Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Biggest flops of the season

Who from NCFC would you put in this bracket? Can''t put Jarvis as he hasn''t played due to permanent injury.

What about Watkins?

For other clubs, I''d have to wage Pogba. At £90m I don''t think he''s delivered anything much for Man U.

Toss up between Watkins and Oliveira, although the later has at least scored a few.

A more expensive animal to run though.

For Norwich, Wildschut is arguably last seasons, this season I''d definitely go with Watkins. First touch of a brick wall, no goals, nothing of note to mention. Came here with high hopes off the back of a pretty successful season.

Bit harsh on Pogba, I''d certainly say Man Utd haven''t got the best out of him, definitely, but still a world beater on his day

I was going to say Franke but he was playing in a side with Martin and Zimm before he really adapted. Hope he impresses in the summer and earns anther chance.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Are we judging everyone based on their first game ?[/quote]Theo Dropalot v Colchester then yes. [:P]

i think cost/wages have to be included in the equation.

Franke seemed to settle a bit but was not eventually up to it .... yet?

We quickly shipped him out and he cost nothing (?)

McGovern... hardly made a save all seasonMaddison... though some might suggest dives rather than flops (burn the heretic !)Farke''s barber...total waste of money

Don''t feed the troll. Vrancic - lol.

For me it''s Watkins

We could have had some special boots made and played a chimpanzee in his position and we still wouldn''t be any worse off

[quote user="Taylor324"]

We could have had some special boots made and played a chimpanzee in his position and we still wouldn''t be any worse off[/quote]Gareth ?

Watkins has really disappointed, I was quite excited when we signed him as he looked good last season but he''s done literally nothing all season to justify his contract. Every time he gets subbed on I just wonder why Farke is bothering, would much rather see one of the youth players given 10 minutes.

Husband close second; showed why he was 3rd choice at Middlesborough.

Franke clearly wasnt good enough at this level but to the club''s and player''s credit they seemed to click to that quickly and sorted out a sensible solution with his loan move back to Germany.

Would happily see all the above leave in the summer, I can''t see the benefit of keeping any of them in the squad next season, unless Franke has really upped his game getting regular minutes.

I don''t think Stiepermann has done too badly actually; he''s played in several different roles and done a passable if unspectacular job each time. Solid backup player in my view, although I''d be worried if we had him starting week in week out.

Oliveira yeah, just hasn''t been good enough. No excuses really, he''s there to score goals; he has the talent to score goals, but he just isn''t getting the job done. It''s not just down to luck and lack of quality balls in; the application and effort aren''t there in the way they were previously and it''s clear he doesn''t care for Farke or buy into the club''s new philosophy.

The biggest flops I''ve seen are those belonging to Stormy Daniels.

It has to be Marley Watkins for me. His record on paper looked good.

I had no hopes for Jarvis so he could not disappoint.

Any show from him would have been a bonus.

[quote user="Ian"]Don''t feed the troll. Vrancic - lol.[/quote]
Lincoln himself has been a bit of a flop this season. Tried to persist with the negativity but it became so repetitive and mundane most just read past him.
Although, he has to list Vrancic and co as flops because he made that ridiculous post about 3 games into the season when he claimed none of them were good enough.