Sign in to follow this  
 Badger

Anybody know who A, B, C and D are?

Yes, I remember some rumours that the Damien Francis injury that kept him out for a few weeks in the 04/05 season was due to McKenzie decking him.

Hang on, all these letters are confusing me, but isn''t Player B the floppy-haired, exotic-pet owning husband of a model? Therefore Player B would be Ashley Ward, and Player A the existing striker who got decked?

Yes, players C and D are more obvious, given it''s relatively recent history and was quite widely rumoured.

Dan, you''re right, the article suggests Player B was the newbie, and Player A was the existing striker who ended up getting shipped out.

Strikers that left shortly after Ashley Ward signed (Dec 1994) were Mark Robins in Jan 1995 and Mike Sheron in Oct 1995.

My mistake i did mean B as Ashley Ward. His other half was the model on the Kellogs Special K advert.

Are we saying A is/was a striker? I read it that A was alleged to have said ''I''m the Hard Man around here'' before being decked by B. Nothing about him being a striker...

I also wondered if it said A was a striker but it doesn''t seem to suggest that. Also the names of the two strikers listed above don''t strike me as "the hard man around here" so who could it be? Unless B is someone else entirely!

M was Bernard Lee and Q was Desmond Llewellyn

Ashley Ward joined on 8th December 1994Ian Culverhouse left on 9th December 1994

I’m the hard man around here. Watch out you flashy individual or it’s this”. ‘This’ meaning a raised fist."Aston Villa"On 15 April 2014, Culverhouse and head of football operations, Gary

Karsa were suspended after being accused of bullying and aggressiveness

by players and other members of staff at the club."

Good shout and would make sense. Although the article said he was shipped out "shortly after". To me, shortly implies that some time did pass between the incident and the departure. The very next day would mean something like shipped out instantly.

Still, Culverhouse must be the frontrunner. Strange, because I wouldn''t have either down as being "hard" men.

Surely Culverhouse was back at Norwich for three years as assistant manager to Paul Lambert?

I don''t recall any problems during that period.

Is there a little bit of "give a dog a bad name" about all this?

His behaviour at Villa fell short apparently.

You can see the squad we had in 1994-95 here:

[url]https://www.statbunker.com/competitions/getCompClubSquad?comp_id=11&club_id=31[/url]

I wasn''t aware Ian Culverhouse was still about that season, I had always thought he had left during the summer of 1994 after the previous season as he wasn''t on the team photos. Can''t think who this other guy who was "shipped out" could be!

Eadie, other than having floppy locks at the time, doesn''t fit the description of player B in the article - a new signing. He came through the youth system, as did Mills (A), a couple of years later. Player A was already here when player B signed.

[quote user="Basil Brash"]Ashley Ward joined on 8th December 1994Ian Culverhouse left on 9th December 1994

I’m the hard man around here. Watch out you flashy individual or it’s this”. ‘This’ meaning a raised fist."Aston Villa"On 15 April 2014, Culverhouse and head of football operations, Gary

Karsa were suspended after being accused of bullying and aggressiveness

by players and other members of staff at the club."[/quote][quote user="BroadstairsR"]Surely Culverhouse was back at Norwich for three years as assistant manager to Paul Lambert?

I don''t recall any problems during that period.

Is there a little bit of "give a dog a bad name" about all this?

His behaviour at Villa fell short apparently.[/quote]More a case of putting up what evidence there is.It was 15 years later when Culverhouse came back to City, and the alleged incident may not have been the cause, it may have been coincidental to his leaving... or maybe the dates found are not accurate.

Many people suggest Culverhouse was the power behind Lambert''s throne. Seems to be doing ok at Lynn too at the moment.