Sign in to follow this  
Bill

news from the farmyard

It appears the paupers may be seeing a cut in their ST prices - they are already offering a ''kids for a quid'' deal v VillaWith there being under 10,000 actually attending their last two home games drastic measures are finally being taken.Which might be behind the other suggestion that Steve McClaren is set to replace mad Mick as manager.Not so much re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, but charging a bit less for them.

Can I be the first to say....
"Don''t laugh too hard that will be us very soon."
Now have I stolen someone''s thunder?
Who''s do ya reckon....

any number of the usual suspectsand blimey it is 40 years this Easter since I went down to poorman road for the ''derby'' - coach full of local idiots, most who were just up for the ''fun''Churchman with its wooden terracing - I got thrown out before the game, only to pay and get back in, quite a bit of ''nawtiness'' in the bus park afterwards as wellas to the paupers I think it is a bit late in the day and suggests nothing more than a hopeful fix rather than any serious long term re-structuring and planningyes they are above us in the table but so would a robin reliant be faster than an F1 car if the latter was in a pit stop when their respective speeds were judged

Potential 10% drop in revenue which is their main source of revenue.

Unless results in a corresponding rise in gates the their annual losses will go above £8m.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Potential 10% drop in revenue which is their main source of revenue.

Unless results in a corresponding rise in gates the their annual losses will go above £8m.[/quote]I suspect they are working on the ''cross price elasticity'' maxim that reducing the price will stimulate demand, which must be of concern as this seasons sales are thought to be around the 10,000 mark. The claimed loss was £4.3m.With no player looking to be an obvious sale, their keeper has still not signed the new contract, there will not be the cushion of a transfer fee either. Moving in with Colchester would look to be the best move given they now have crowd numbers that could easily fit into that ground.In comparison our STs are still well up. The management set up is established and we have a wealth of prospective talent coming through, as well as players developing by the game.

In comparison, you’re begging your fans to pay to keep the Cat 1 afloat, your attendances have also started to drop. You’ve got one decent player to sell which will keep you afloat next season, god alone knows where you’d be this season without Maddison carrying you! We’ve got 3-4 decent young players emerging, all playing for the England youth teams this week. One of which our academy director has said is the best young player he’s worked with in his career - a fair old statement when you consider the clubs he’s been at.

Not to mention that we’ve got an owner who’s financing any losses. After Maddison, there’s not a lot else to sell, so who going to finance your losses? It’s widely reported that after your next firesale you’ll have an even smaller budget than us next season...

[quote user="King Keano"]In comparison, you’re begging your fans to pay to keep the Cat 1 afloat, your attendances have also started to drop. You’ve got one decent player to sell which will keep you afloat next season, god alone knows where you’d be this season without Maddison carrying you! We’ve got 3-4 decent young players emerging, all playing for the England youth teams this week. One of which our academy director has said is the best young player he’s worked with in his career - a fair old statement when you consider the clubs he’s been at.

Not to mention that we’ve got an owner who’s financing any losses. After Maddison, there’s not a lot else to sell, so who going to finance your losses? It’s widely reported that after your next firesale you’ll have an even smaller budget than us next season...[/quote]Blimey, if ever there was any doubt how dim our neighbours are, up pops this rural halfwit to disprove any doubtThe funding for retaining Cat 1 is ran as a seperate investment as elsewhere. Now why not remind us all where the money your grubby little club conned out of your fans for a Cat 11 academy disappeared to ? Evans pockets ?We won''t have losses. Unlike your thieving club we pay our way - not stiffing suppliers and defrauding the taxman.As to the value of our players and the worth of the two youth set ups they are light years apart,Now do run along bin boy, if you are quick I''m sure you can nip into the local pub and make off with the collection tineEvery little helps

[quote user="King Keano"]In comparison, you’re begging your fans to pay to keep the Cat 1 afloat, your attendances have also started to drop. You’ve got one decent player to sell which will keep you afloat next season, god alone knows where you’d be this season without Maddison carrying you! We’ve got 3-4 decent young players emerging, all playing for the England youth teams this week. One of which our academy director has said is the best young player he’s worked with in his career - a fair old statement when you consider the clubs he’s been at.

Not to mention that we’ve got an owner who’s financing any losses. After Maddison, there’s not a lot else to sell, so who going to finance your losses? It’s widely reported that after your next firesale you’ll have an even smaller budget than us next season...[/quote]

Where is it being reported that we will have a smaller budget than you? I''ve not seen that reported anywhere. With crowds at Carrow Road currently double the figures at Ipswich it is quite clearly nonsense.

He''s a binner so i doubt ''sums'' will be too high p in his abilities.The paupers have had ST sales and attenda andnces of over 10,000 less than usthey earn far less in hospitality than usSo next season we will both start with budgets based on those figures, all else being equal.Aside from Maddison, there is the value of Klose, Pinto, Oliveira any of whom might move on. I''m not sure of any value regarding Lewis and Murphy but I suspect if Jacob was any basis to go on then both would be worth a fair few millionAs to keepers, if Gunn goes then we have Mathews. Whereas at poorman road it appears that  all three keepers are out of contract this summer.We have Hanley a Scottish international, the paupers have Chambers, also out of contract. So I would suggest to our slow witted farmhand that he takes a look at the pitch at poorman road, something you might expect for a park game Sunday morning, or even the bush growing out of a roof at poorman road ! The reality is your grubby little club hasn''t a pot to pee in. Evans has bled you dry to the point where even basic maintenance is not being done.So jog on bin boy and maybe get on the phone to Col Utd to see if they take in lodgers - though given your club''s record they might want the money upfront.

[quote user="King Keano"]We’ve got 3-4 decent young players emerging, all playing for the England youth teams this week. One of which our academy director has said is the best young player he’s worked with in his career...[/quote]Thanks for that. [Y]I''ll have a word with our head coach later today. Bit surprised neither us or some other Cat 1 academy hasn''t picked them up before now if they''re that good. Still, better late than never. [:D]

If we''re being reasonable (boo, hiss, binner etc) then cheap season tickets and things like kids for a quid were exactly the tactics used by our current board to build our fanbase up and it worked like a charm.

However you do need to pair them with decent football and the chance of some excitement, two things that have barely been seen at Portman Road in years.

Given that one of these yoofs is on loan at Luton he will no doubt follow Lewis up to Carrow Road if he is any good.Another is actually on loan from Man City, which leaves just one 16 year old playing for the u17s.If only we had such a wealth of young talent coming through 

[quote user="king canary"]If we''re being reasonable (boo, hiss, binner etc) then cheap season tickets and things like kids for a quid were exactly the tactics used by our current board to build our fanbase up and it worked like a charm.

However you do need to pair them with decent football and the chance of some excitement, two things that have barely been seen at Portman Road in years.[/quote]The difference is we built from a relative position of strength. There''s is a desperate last ditch gamble.With less than 10,000 turning up for a game that has what has set the alarm bells ringing.And it should be remembered that ours didn''t happen overnight, so the bes they can hope for now is to just stop the hemorrhage of fans and hopefully but slowly build the ticket sales back up again.

It seems that the removal of McCarthy is paramount in the thinking of those considering renewal, rather than a price reduction.

The latter is no longer on offer after April 1st in any case.

News of McCarthy''s imminent situation is therefore due.

After that anything could happen, but I would guess some persuasion would be needed given the budget available.

"Appears as though the op is obsessed with Ipswich. Sad."

Same old shite.

I, and I am sure that the OP and many others enjoy taking an interest in our rivals.

To label it as obsessive is second hand language and rather silly.

I, the OP and I am sure all the others, have no intention of being lectured to by some nobody on a football forum as to how we find enjoyment.

Did you build your little pedestal yourself or did you get it from IKEA? Sad.

Long may postings about ITFC exist.

Both sets of fans like to have a laugh at each other''s expense but City 1st ( Basil Brash ) is as obsessed with all things Ipswich as much as ArnieM on TWTD is obsessed with us. 
I honestly think the two of them should get together & sail off into the sunset together  [:D] 

Equally people would probably point out his obsession with Ipswich less if he wasn''t so keen to label folks on here ''Binners'' all the bloody time.

To be fair these are my favourite City 1st posts.
Accurately ripping into every aspect of that dodgy club down the road is to be commended, in my book.

"A psychiatric disorder characterised by the presence of either obsessions (repeated, unwanted, often distressing thoughts), or compulsions (the feeling of being driven to repeatedly perform certain behaviours or mental activities), or both, with the symptoms being severe enough to impair normal functioning."

That''s the dictionary definition of the word obsessed. Perhaps language should be moderated.

City 1st and that stupid Arnie M have gotten themselves into a position whereby they are more overly concerned with their respective rivals than is normal. Arnie M (Hallamblue) more so.

"Obsession" as such is a genuine illness and should therefore be levelled at a person with caution.

"To be fair these are my favourite City 1st posts.

Accurately ripping into every aspect of that dodgy club down the road is to be commended, in my book."

Fully agree and I am not obsessed .... honest.

[quote user="King Keano"]Not to mention that we’ve got an owner who’s financing any losses. After Maddison, there’s not a lot else to sell, so who going to finance your losses?[/quote]What losses? Even without parachute payments our turnover (income) will still exceed £30m compared with your £16/17m and we don''t have to pay rent for our stadium or training ground. Unlike you, we pay our way.Begging Mucus for £6m every year means you''re living way beyond your means but then you''ve got a long HISTORY of that.

[quote user="Diane"]Both sets of fans like to have a laugh at each other''s expense but City 1st ( Basil Brash ) is as obsessed with all things Ipswich as much as ArnieM on TWTD is obsessed with us. 
I honestly think the two of them should get together & sail off into the sunset together  [:D] 
[/quote]You honestly think so, Diane? They would never stop "tacking."Even the fish would look for another home.

[quote user="Diane"]Both sets of fans like to have a laugh at each other''s expense but City 1st ( Basil Brash ) is as obsessed with all things Ipswich as much as ArnieM on TWTD is obsessed with us. 
[/quote]err, how would you know about who and what happens on twtd ?and why do you always read and comment on my threads about the binners ?.....................you haven''t really thought this through have you ?

(much like the poster who always posts that I am obsessed with the binners)

It’s therapy and reduces my tax, I’m all in favour of this if it keeps “0dd balls” off the streets of Norwich and Ipswich to be fair👍

I don''t see as a football fan why reading other teams forums creates such consternation. I often read other forums when certain teams are newsworthy, it''s good to read a general gauge of supporters thoughts in contrast to the club line or journalistic reports. The West Ham form for instance is interesting reading at the moment.

Whilst the post was genuine and is intended to highlight the difference between the current standing of the clubs there is always the knowledge that the usual suspects will not be able to resist......And just because the cage was rattled it is mere coincidence, that''s all........... honestlyKing Binno was a bonus, but I have a feeling one of the others may have finally wised up a bit (if only on his matter some might add).Meanwhile back down on the farm we have this rather disturbing story''West Ham co-owner David Sullivan used the club to avoid paying £700,000 in tax, a tribunal has ruled''.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43543273I do hope that naughty Mr Evans has not being up to such skulduggery at poorman rd - after all he is an ''hinvestor'', or so the binners keep telling us.