Sign in to follow this  
stewfil

Maddison 25M

Mirror story says we have put a price of 25M on him and expecting an auction for him this Summer.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/norwich-slap-25million-price-tag-12257728

An auction would be interesting, especially with two of the London giants involved.

I firmly believe he is ready to play in the PL at the highest level, although introduction needs to be gradually applied.

Home grown being an added plus to fill the quota required. Especially for Chelsea.

These stories and numbers will continue 0 ever exciting the ''not too bright'' as if they have some credence, rather than being some space filler by a 17 old intern.What is not understood is that any transfer fee is usually paid in stages.This does not preclude City from spending any received monies as transfer fees. Newcastle and Huddersfield most likely still ''owe'' money on Murphy/Pritchard, just as we still owe money on our incoming players.No club is a selling club as all players will move to suit their abilities at that time.Clubs do not overspend then have to sell players. It is the other way round. Money coming in will determine what then goes out.For us I can see Maddison. Lewis and perhaps Murphy ,moving ''upwards''. Others will move if they are offered better wages and as usual there will be those who have faded (age) and those like Ebou Adams who have not made the grade.A measure of who is who on here might be too look at those who consistently berate the club for doing what EVERY other club does.

I think we all knew that.

Like wise we might have money owed and will also be in a position to purchase by that means.

I just don''t see the need for the lecture, nor the insults..

Agreed Broadstairs. Nobody made any mention of how any putative transfer fees would be paid, so City1st''s post is, not unusually, irrelevant.

£25m as a starting figure is fine though!

By ''we'' who do you mean ?Those that consistently post idiotic guff on here relating to transfer amounts or that the club should get all the money ''up front''.I would suggest that folk like yourself are in a minority - most haven''t a clue.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Agreed Broadstairs. Nobody made any mention of how any putative transfer fees would be paid, so City1st''s post is, not unusually, irrelevant.

£25m as a starting figure is fine though![/quote]aha, somebody has to make ''mention'' before a point can be madenot the brightest comment when you consider the implicationsbut never mind, at least you triedand that''s what counts

Are we in line for another stupid day from you?

You''ve started very well with that petty nonsense.

Please try harder.

Now pee off unless you can start talking sense and are capable of doing it without the ridiculous insults.

"How much of that £25m do Coventry get ?"

Quite a wedge I would guess. 10%? 20%? On profit though.

He was highly sought after whilst he was there.

Have no fear though, we can pay it in instalments.

We all know how good he is and recognise his potential to play in the PL, not just making up the numbers but making a big contribution.

£25 million sounds cheap to me in the current market for a 21 year old English player who has had such a good season. Ability, speed of feet, vision, durability, the right attitude and a player that uses his brain, I dont see there is much of a gamble there for a top club. Definitely worth more in my opinion.

@Van Wink

Alternatively you can argue £25m is a lot for a player with one good season under his belt and no Premier League experience.

Yes you can King but its hard to see any real weakness in his game and he is clearly head and shoulders above the opposition we have seen this year.

Its always a gamble I suppose but when you look at his all round game the chances of it paying off are pretty high imo.

Maddison is fantastic. As well as huge ability he is mature beyond his years with a calm, intelligent approach, an ability to foresee & ride clumsy tackles & enormous self- belief without a trace of big- headedness.

However, he is not a big, quick, powerful or athletic player. I don''t remember seeing him head the ball either. So he is not perfect. But then again, neither is Messi.

So how much is he worth? £10m? £20m? £30m? In practice what the market decides. And we won''t know that until the summer.

Slightly disagree. There have been a number of home games where he has been fairly quiet.

The obvious weakness in his game is a lack of pace/acceleration.

Seems unlikely, but should he prefer to remain at Norwich for another season to enhance his development with regular first team football in the second tier rather than spend much time on the bench surrounded by more experienced players and full internationals in the PL, would the club try to encourage a sale purely for financial reasons?

[quote user="GJP"]Slightly disagree. There have been a number of home games where he has been fairly quiet.

The obvious weakness in his game is a lack of pace/acceleration.[/quote]
Yes. £25 million would be an absolutely excellent fee to get for someone who hasn''t played a minute of Premier League football.

Maddison? No he renewed this past summer.

The value of a player is pretty nebulous concept and moves all the time. I think Maddison is worth the £25m figure as he does two of the most important things on a football pitch- creates and scores goals. His vision and passing range are exceptional and will translate to the Premier League with no issue and his attitude and work rate appear to be first class.

Factor in his age, the premium on home grown players and the potential re-sale value if he turns out to be anywhere near as good as it looks like he could be and it makes sense.

Regarding Coventry''s cut, this link purports to spill the beans:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/how-much-coventry-city-could-14465678

but is actually as clear as mud. Looks like an initial £2.5m (maybe) with more to follow (& who pays that?). Confusing.

If, as has been reported, the interested parties include Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Everton and Wolves, then £25m should be a bare minimum.

If we can’t get rich by maintaining a permanent place in the PL, we’ll just have to grab a big slice of the pie from those that can.

"Regarding Coventry''s cut, this link purports to spill the beans: "

Useful, if complicated.

I presume the fee paid for the player and those add-ons will be deducted before their percentage is calculated.

Nice to see us all talking about a good piece of Canary business, and there have been a few, rather than needing to tear our hair out over Naismith, Jarvis and perhaps Windshutt and that Fenchman Neil paid a silly amount for when he first arrived.

I also feel we sold Nathan a bit short of value, but was happy with the Murphy money and Howson wanted out,

I really hope he doesn''t go to Chelsea, can''t see him getting much game time there. Liverpool or Spurs however, I can see him fitting straight in.