Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Better side today?

I posted early in the season that Farke is out of his depth. Today he thought we were the better side! What absolute rubbish. We never looked like scoring and his methods will never work in the Championship.

Am I the only one who thinks this is getting beyond a joke? Neil Warnock and MM down the road have less talented squads than ours and are miles ahead of us. God help us when we lose Maddison. His goals have papered over the cracks this season.

Please don''t tell me to be patient. I ran out of patience a long time ago.

Neil Warnock and MM down the road have less talented squads than ours

Apart from Maddison and Gunn, the rest haven''t proved that yet.

I totally see where you''re coming from Dylan. We play some nice passing and keep possession but when it comes to the crucial ends of the pitch we come up short.

Sometimes it feels unlucky when teams play like that but unfortunately if it keeps happening, like it does to us at present, you just have to admit we aren''t clinical or strong enough. In front of goal we waste good chances and make poor decisions and despite things having improved at the back we still can''t stop teams when they sling half decent crosses in.

Codswallop. We look like scoring all the time - how many excellent chances did we have compared to Fulham?

That''s the difference. They had two, & put them away. We continually make the wrong decisions at vital moments. That''s the difference.

The players are still relatively new to each other, not quite on the same wavelength, & every time things start looking promising someone gets injured (Onel today).

It''s frustrating. But we need to see what happens next season before making a judgement.

The problem for me is we dont have a striker whos taking half chances or creating chances for themselves. Ipswich current position is predominantly down to an early spell where they were literally scoring with their only shot in a game.

Oliviera unfortunately hasnt delivered on that front and whilst I like parts of Srbenys game he isnt going to be that kind of striker either.

We at the very least matched an inform, confident and quality Fulham team and for 60 odd minutes looked untroubled and created the best chances.

[quote user="hogesar"]The problem for me is we dont have a striker whos taking half chances or creating chances for themselves. Ipswich current position is predominantly down to an early spell where they were literally scoring with their only shot in a game.

Oliviera unfortunately hasnt delivered on that front and whilst I like parts of Srbenys game he isnt going to be that kind of striker either.

We at the very least matched an inform, confident and quality Fulham team and for 60 odd minutes looked untroubled and created the best chances.[/quote]Exactly this, although maybe a tad harsh on Srbeny - he seems to be improving with each appearance so just maybe with a full pre-season..........

We had good poccession and got into some good attacking positions but the lack of understanding and quality in the vital moments was painful!

Then we had the ultimate frustration of watching us tippy tappy passing in the last 5 minutes between the keeper and defenders in their own area and into the lefthand corner!

This system isn''t working and without Maddison we''d now be in massive trouble at the bottom!

I think Farke needs more time, like half of next season to see if he can change things because change they need to!

I think Farke will be very annoyed at the poor discipline at the end of the game, unprofessional.