Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Coaching

I almost almost everyone sitting around me are totally fed up watching free kicks being completely wasted. How many times do we see them being taken sideways around 5 yards. One even yesterday taken near the halfway line being kicked back to Gunn.

If we cannot find a player 20/30 yards ahead to pass it to from free kicks then they should spend time practicing.

Our continued passing backwards instead of forward in our own half beggars belief, makes the Crab Butch Wilkins look good!!

Yesterday we could see often every outfield player in a Fulham shirt were in our half. We could never do that as our going forward is snail pace.

The question is, are the players are playing this semi boring style

Of entertainment under orders, of course they are!

Fact is most supporters are fed up watching it.

Oh for a Hucks and Holt to liven things up!

I like Daniel Farke, and I don''t want him gone, and I understand the scale of transition etc etc, but I can''t keep kidding myself, the football is s**t. It can''t be justified in my opinion.

Football is as much about entertainment as it is results. I''d genuinely prefer winning one game and losing two by playing out an entertaining, attacking philosophy rather than a pass it to Gunny philosophy and draw three!!

The brand of football is so depressing but what makes it more depressing is I like Farke as our coach but I want him to wake up and smell the coffee - his system, on our budget, will not bring us success in the championship.

Op if your post refers to Ray Wilkins I suggest you read last nights unfortunate news regarding Ray Wilkins and I hope he makes it through.

[quote user="Coneys Knee"]I like Daniel Farke, and I don''t want him gone, and I understand the scale of transition etc etc, but I can''t keep kidding myself, the football is s**t. It can''t be justified in my opinion.

Football is as much about entertainment as it is results. I''d genuinely prefer winning one game and losing two by playing out an entertaining, attacking philosophy rather than a pass it to Gunny philosophy and draw three!!

The brand of football is so depressing but what makes it more depressing is I like Farke as our coach but I want him to wake up and smell the coffee - his system, on our budget, will not bring us success in the championship.[/quote]At the risk of stating the obvious, winning 15 or 16 games and losing the other 30-odd certainly won''t bring success in the Championship.

You''re correct purple of course but with that particular 3 game analogy I gave there I was talking purely from an entertainment perspective. Quite simply, the football, currently, is boring in my opinion and that''s a huge shame cos I''m sure you''ll agree, we all like to be up of our seats.

I didn''t go yesterday due to personal reasons but what I''ve found most frustrating in other matches is the short overly complex corners.

Madders has a wicked corner on him when he gets it right so just get it in the mixer! 9 times out of 10, short corners just end up with us losing the ball and the other team counter attacking!

It seems to me that Vrancic could the best indirect set piece taker at the club, and was probably bought with this in mind - it''s certainly one of his better qualities.

However, I suspect that Maddison''s form has meant that he can basically usurp everyone and insist on taking 99% of all set pieces.

So sorry that I had not seen the news before I posted this.

I am like everyone on this forum wishing Ray all the best.

Please accept my apology.

If I knew how to delete my post I would do it.

The football is absoultely dreadful and this side is mediocre at best... Without Madders.... Does not bear thinking about

"Not your fault Bradwell, we all wish him well, but he''s the man to point to when, writing about sideways passing !"

Vinnie Sideways had a bigger reputation?

When a player gets the ball, it''s always easier to pass the ball sideways or back rather than trying to split the defence with a decisive pass, thus Farke makes life easy for our lads. One of  the reasons I like Hanley so much is that he sometimes hoofs it from the back, it takes the opposition by surprise every time.

[quote user="Mike "]The football is absoultely dreadful and this side is mediocre at best... Without Madders.... Does not bear thinking about[/quote]

Wouldn''t say its dreadful but its certainly frustrating and I wouldn''t say as a team we are mediocre unfortunately we have one or two who are underperforming, Murphy being the most obvious.

As for Maddison. Yes,without him this season we would possibly be in trouble but off the top of your head who are the ''Maddisons'' of other teams in the Champs that have caught your eye. I can only think of Fleck of Sheff.Utd and Neves(?) of Wolves. On Friday against Fulham I don''t recall them having a stand out playmaker,yet they certainly showed us with slick passing why they are 16 unbeaten and battling for automatic promotion.