Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Fulham match thread

Gunn, Pinto, Zimmermann, Klose, Lewis, Reid, Tettey, Vrancic, Maddison, Murphy, Srbeny. Subs: McGovern, Husband, Oliveira, Hoolahan, Raggett, Edwards, Hanley.

Is Oliveira still recovering a bit from injury or was it a straight choice?

If the latter it''s a case of how the mighty have fallen.

I hope Srbeny finds a little bit more of his feet. He''s had a few chances now, but needs a goal.

Formation all wrong here.

Pinto doesn''t know whether to stick or twist.

Little wonder that strikers don''t get any service.  Perfect opportunity for Pinto put a ball into the box, as Srbeny was pulling away from his marker and he takes it to the corner flag. WTF!

Reed/Pinto down the right does not seem to be working at all. Onel seems to have become a prominent part of our attack and we are missing him.

If Murphy''s final ball could actually find a yellow shirt we''d probably be 2 or 3 up by now...

Not going to be much goal mouth action today.

Fulham don''t cross and we can''t with any accuracy.

I''m afraid this kind of football is going to take some getting used to. Just yearning for some power or strength for a change to get the crowd going.

Decent half actually. Fulham are a decent side and weve created far more than they have.

We’ve played pretty well and got better as the half went on. Were controlling it towards the end of the half as they cannot get past the magnificent Tettey. If they don’t find a bit extra to give him another year they are stupid in my book.

The game plan would be working perfectly if we did not have attacking players (and one in particular) who make the wrong decision so often or appear incapable of getting the final ball right. It’s very frustrating, particularly when playing in a way that relies on being clinical.

Very much in this though and can win it.

If you don''t take any of the few chances you create you will pay for it.

It was obvious Srbeny wasn''t doing a thing and we needed Oliveira on, despite him being a knob.

Clinical finishing - some teams have it, we don''t.Another home defeat looming when we could have won it.Fulham use subs when it''s 0-0 and we wait until we''re losing.

[quote user="Kanadyan Kanary"]Cr*p clearance from Klose - should have been in Row Z.Once again, poor decision making at both ends of the pitch. Has been the same all season.[/quote]

It was poor, but I wouldn’t blame him.

Tettey and Vrancic were sleeping on both goals. Both goals from midfield runners.

And another cross goes to the keeper.

Blimey. Norwich supporters are disguising themselves as seats!

Glad we didn''t get that Warnock, he is old school and past it.

This has been a poor match.  Poor defending from us led to us gifting them two soft goals.  They had good possession but didn''t really do anything with it (bit like us in recent matches).  I felt we had the better opportunities but our decision making in the final third was woeful and our attacks petered out, simply because we played the wrong ball. 

Theres the difference between us and the top 6 this season.

Fulham have taken 2 chances theyve created. We didnt take any of ours and made some poor decisions in the final third.

Lewis had a good game, looks like hes got over that tired phase for a couple of games. Pretty much all our attacks started via a Vrancic interception or ball from him. Think he will be very important for us next season.

Result that was always expected today. I said ages ago, towards the start of Fulhams long unbeaten run, they would be the team to scorch up the table, just as they did the last time they got promoted to the Prem, very hard to beat and at times unplayable. They are heading for the top two, while our season peters out with DF still trying to find that formula to get us scoring / winning most weeks.Going to be a pretty disapointing end to the season and a long summer for DF and Webber.

[quote user="hogesar"]Also notable that *some* posters dont bother posting till we go behind[/quote]Personally, I didn''t want to appear to be overly negative so I waited until they scored.

I thought we were excellent second half - until they scored.

The successful teams we''ve played against seem to have that ability to scent a goal, to come alive around the box when it matters. We haven''t got that instinct.