Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Anybody else beginning to have doubts...

I may be in danger of conjuring up the ghost of Wiz but if we play four at the back next season we will be relegated.

[quote user="king canary"]@Badger

Any of us can see that we look much better with a back three. The back 4 hasn''t worked all season yet Farke is refusing to use Raggatt and instead is forcing us into an unsuitable formation.[/quote]I agree - perhaps he has doubts about Raggett (although he might have been useful against Smith), but Klose was on the bench. Most of our best performances away from home have been with 3 centre backs, so why switch to four?I can understand at home, perhaps, but there''s nothing stopping us from having different formations at home and away.

You would have to have your head some way down in the sand not to have doubts.

It''s interesting that Farke has been very vocal about Edwards (& some others over the season e.g. Lewis good/bad) but he''s hardly mentioned Raggett at all.

Wonder what the situation is, and why, with 6 games to go, and nothing to play for/lose, we''re not trying the likes of Raggett, Edwards, Cantwell etc

Comparing our performances at the beginning of the season with our performances now, I can''t see any evidence of improvement whatsoever, Add to that our better players will most likely be off in the summer, we''re going to really struggle next year. We need a manager who can play a more direct style of football. Even crappy QPR showed us how its done.

I don''t understand why some folks think next season will be better. Based on statistics we are getting worse since our relegation from the PL. I fully expect a relegation battle next season. Our best players are being sold and replaced by inferior ones. You can''t do that and expect to be moving up the table. It''s a sad decline.

Ever since Farke walked through the door, himself and Webber have been relentless in their efforts to temper expectations. They’ve been largely successful, a large proportion of our fans seem to have accepted, even praised what has been a poor season.

Alex Neil got the boot largely because his failure to deliver promotion with arguably one of the best squads in the league. 1 year on from his departure and we’ve somehow found ourselves in a position where we’re being told we should show acceptance of mediocracy?

“The mass overhaul” seems to be the prominent excuse. In reality we bought in a new manager and he bought in his own coaching staff. A few players departed, a few players signed. Nothing out of the ordinary.

It’s a rare a new manager gets shown so much blind faith, let’s just hope he repays it next season.

[quote user="ricardo"]I may be in danger of conjuring up the ghost of Wiz but if we play four at the back next season we will be relegated.[/quote]
We certainly defend better with the three and two wing backs. But for me that only works because it suits Timm Klose who has the ability to link play from the back. Timm''s a proper international footballer but I''m not sure that Raggett, Hanley or Zimmermann are capable of playing that position so well.
The fact that we have abandoned that suggests to me that Klose won''t be here next season. I''ll qualify that with a very non-Wiz way by saying I hope I''m wrong....

Never had any doubts signing a coach who has never coached properly signing 3rd tier German players

Have been saying since day 1 this was a disaster waiting to happen. I just wish I hadn''t been so spot on

People seem to forget Webber has a wide remit overhauling the culture from top to bottom. We won''t really know if it is working for a bit of time

Farke has a much more limited remit, to get the best out of the players we have on the pitch. I think it is tough to argue he has done that with any consistency.

but I''m not sure that Raggett, Hanley or Zimmermann are capable of playing that position so well.

I am not so sure Double N. I do think Hanley is capable of bringing forward. You may be right when you say not so well but wouldn''t that be better than the shambles that a four, especially with Vrancic in front of it, keeps producing.

Always had doubts, I did not like the way he started, with the total tippie tappie stuff, to some extent throughout the season that has improved, but not enough. look at it today QPR won with the long ball tactics. 

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]but I''m not sure that Raggett, Hanley or Zimmermann are capable of playing that position so well.

I am not so sure Double N. I do think Hanley is capable of bringing forward. You may be right when you say not so well but wouldn''t that be better than the shambles that a four, especially with Vrancic in front of it, keeps producing.[/quote]
Yes probably Pops.
It''s just having watched Klose since he signed,  playing that role seems to bring out his quality more than a back four. 

just feels like the Roeder again, he was trying to play an Arsene Wenger style of Football 10years ago, bring in certain types of players, and ignore that players you need which are good old fashion championship players