Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Summer clear-out

Sorry if there has already been a thread on this and maybe its too soon for this, (though being mid-table there is little else but to think about next season) Who would you keep for next season and who would you move on? (Players contracted to Norwich included only)

Paul Jones - OUT

Remi Matthews - KEEP

Michael McGovern - OUT

Ivo Pinto - KEEP

James Husband - OUT (think there are better options)

Russell Martin - OUT (great club servant but seemingly has no future under Farke and best for all parties)

Christoph Zimmermann - KEEP

Timm Klose - KEEP

Sean Raggett - KEEP

Jamal Lewis - KEEP

Marcel Franke - KEEP (deserves a second chance to prove himself and adapt)

Grant Hanley - KEEP

Steven Naismith - OUT

Mario Vrancic - KEEP (may step up a level next season)

Josh Murphy - KEEP (frustrating figure this season but not being played correctly - needs to prove he can develop further)

Wes Hoolahan - KEEP (would have to accept reduced wages to be cost effective but still has wonderful talent)

Matt Jarvis - OUT (good player on his day but not reliable and on big wages. Will be difficult to shift though)

Yanic Wildschut - KEEP (we paid a lot for him and not convinced he should be written off. Would like to see him on the left with Hernandez on the right)

Marco Stiepermann - OUT (useful squad member but dont think he''s anything special)

Tom Trybull - KEEP

Ben Godfrey - KEEP (hopefully may break into the first team set up next season)

James Maddison - KEEP (difficult this one as he is possibly commanding peak fee at present. Next season my be less dazzling, less on his contract or may get an injury. Being pragmatic, he will leave, so we should sell for top money when given the opportunity. Though he is so vital to our team at the moment its hard to say out)

Onel Hernandez - KEEP

Alexander Tettey - OUT (big wages)

Louis Thompson - KEEP (injury problems may mean we never see him fulfil his potential. Too soon to write him off)

Adam Phillips - KEEP (not looking like he will make the grade but too soon to write off)

Todd Cantwell - KEEP (deserves the opportunity to develop

Marley Watkins - OUT (not convinced many this season. Well loved at Barnsley but seems unlikely to cut it here)

Nelson Oliveira - OUT (tonnes of ability on his day, but off the boil most of the time, poor attitude and doesnt fit our system. Simply not effective enough)

Dennis Srbeny - KEEP (needs time to adjust, good scoring record, but few signs he will be a success)

Carlton Morris - KEEP (hasnt really lived up to his early promise, but deserves a chance to show he can step up)

"Alexander Tettey - OUT (big wages)Tettey is out of contract so if he stays it will be on a different contract. I hope he stays but that will depend on what his is offered elsewhere.Oliveira will depend on someone else picking up his current contract, similarly with Pinto as we look to cut the wage bill

[quote user="The gut"]It is too early to talk about this while the play-offs are still possible.[/quote]
You''re delusional if you think we''re getting into the play-offs. We''re garbage at the moment.

That would be ‘this summer’s ‘ clear-out?

.......following on from ‘last summer’s’ clear-out and pre-empting’ next summer’s’ clear-out....in readiness for the clear-out in the summer of 2020?

[quote user="The gut"]I can assure you Wundaboy that i am not delusional.[/quote]
I am prepared to bet you £50 right here that we are not making the playoffs.

Can you have a clear in? That is what we need most.

Sorry but Wes has to go.
He HAD a wonderful talent, now all we have are memories, sentimentality and a squad place being filled by a player who just can''t cut it anymore.
Love Hoolahan and he will always be a club legend, but he is totally ineffective at this level these days.

Really KIO?

I cannot comment on his performance v QPR because I was not there, but I think the commentary team described him as the best midfielder today.

The games I have seen always seem to be Wes coming on with only a few minutes left when we are losing and there seems nothing to be able to guage him on this season.

What did you see him do wrong?

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="The gut"]I can assure you Wundaboy that i am not delusional.[/quote]
I am prepared to bet you £50 right here that we are not making the playoffs.
[/quote]Agree

Can someone confirm what our form is atm?

It''s going to be a painful and long six final games. Think we need another overhaul, or play those that may have a future here (e.g. Godfrey, Cantwell etc)

If a clear out was needed last summer this summer need it even more. There is absolutely no signs in this team of showing signs of competing for promotion for next season. The team as a whole is going backwards. Most of the team is not up for it.

Lots of players not good enough for competing in the top half of the Championship:

Ivo Pinto, Nelson Oliveira, Josh Murphy, Vrancic, Harrison Reed, Jamie Husband, Marley Watkins. Not impressed by any the centre halfes either i.e. Hanley, Zimmermann and Klose.

Also think Jamal Lewis has been a little out of form lately and should have a better alternative than Jamie Husband to compete against.

Of course Naismith has to be off loaded the wage bill. Naismith and van Wolfswinkel is the biggest ever flops to wear the Norwich City colours if you look on their price tag.

A lot of not so very good footballers in the club at the moment I’m afraid.

Have been out all day so just seen the line-up.

If Srbeny had a good game against Fulham (let down by our supporting midfield again) why was he dropped?

Nice to see NO fail to score yet AGAIN. And we lost 4-1 and Farke only made one substitution. wtf!

[quote user="STFU"]There was no best midfielder today, they were all pretty awful.[/quote]

Was Wes the worstest?

[quote user="The gut"]Really KIO?

I cannot comment on his performance v QPR because I was not there, but I think the commentary team described him as the best midfielder today.

The games I have seen always seem to be Wes coming on with only a few minutes left when we are losing and there seems nothing to be able to guage him on this season.

What did you see him do wrong?[/quote]
Just constantly runs into blind alleys and gives it away - Gave it away twice in the space of 15 seconds at one point. Nearly cost us a goal too because he decided to try and dribble across the face of our own net 2 yards from the line (not that another one the score sheet would have mattered much I guess). He wasn''t utterly horrific, but he was just absolutely ineffective and never looked like unlocking them, pretty much just a passenger today.
That pretty much sums up most appearances he''s made this season though I guess - not horrific, just anonymous. Not sure where you''ve been - he''s started 30% of the games this season and come on in another 33% of them - so he''s played in over 60% of the games (albeit not many minutes as sub).

[quote user="The gut"][quote user="STFU"]There was no best midfielder today, they were all pretty awful.[/quote]

Was Wes the worstest?[/quote]

They were all equally bad today.

Is this the next clear out, followed by the next transitional season,followed by the next clear out, followed by the next transitional season? It’s hard to keep up with but at least it gives an excuse for underperforming I suppose

Our last six games will be no more painful than our previous six games so nothing new

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="The gut"]Really KIO?

What did you see him do wrong?[/quote]
Just constantly runs into blind alleys and gives it away - Gave it away twice in the space of 15 seconds at one point. Nearly cost us a goal too because he decided to try and dribble across the face of our own net 2 yards from the line (not that another one the score sheet would have mattered much I guess). He wasn''t utterly horrific, but he was just absolutely ineffective and never looked like unlocking them, pretty much just a passenger today.
That pretty much sums up most appearances he''s made this season though I guess - not horrific, just anonymous. Not sure where you''ve been - he''s started 30% of the games this season and come on in another 33% of them - so he''s played in over 60% of the games (albeit not many minutes as sub).
[/quote]

I''ve been at Carrow Rd KIO, where I think he has started 4 league games. I have found it difficult to remember how ineffectiveness he was compared to the rest of the competition in the team. I also found it difficult to guage because of the system we were playing.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]At last at least one other poster has seen the light.[/quote]I''m with you Highland, it''s farcial.  [:''(]

Lost game turn out, more likeas all the anti club, closet binners appearjust as if the sewers have over flowedjust need iron stan, keith scott and derby canary to make up the set(darn sight cheaper than panini stickers )

[quote user="Basil Brusque"]Lost game turn out, more likeas all the anti club, closet binners appearjust as if the sewers have over flowedjust need iron stan, keith scott and derby canary to make up the set(darn sight cheaper than panini stickers )[/quote]A1 Clapper. [;)] [:D]