Sign in to follow this  
Shannock Bob

Panini World Cup Stickers

I appreciate this isn''t NCFC related but I just wanted to see if anyone is likely to collect the World Cup Stickers this year?

I am told they are to be available from tomorrow and I understand they are likely to be more expensive this time around at 80p per pack but I am still tempted to collect them.

If there are others maybe a little pink un online ''swap-shop'' could be formed to help keep the surplus down!

Cheers & OTBC

I have done the 2014 WC and the 2016 euro ones. I should be up for a swap shop if people do it on here.

80p a pack?!

It seemed to get really big again in 2014 for some reason and was good fun. But it was only 50p a pack then, or 6packs for £2.50 in Asda

80p is outrageous though

I find the cheesy ones a bit greasy myself, don’t think they’d be very sticky?

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I’ve got a spare Bob Latchford, looking for Micky Droy[/quote]Always happy to help Frank.Image result for micky droy panini sticker

Ooooh Matron, I''ve got a World Cup Willie!

Remember in the mid to late 60''s one of the Panini brothers coming to my business while doing a tour of UK selling the idea that we could distribute to newsagents and like because John Menzies were not particularly interested though they did relent and distribute them in the end.

Buy a newspaper and fill the pages with packets of football stickers, then take it through the self-service checkouts.

If you do that, football stickers are free.

I preferred the Soccer Stars albums to Panini.

One of my earliest football memories-in fact any memory, I was 6 at the time-is of the 1970 World Cup stickers album, which was displayed in the corridor of my primary school-can’t remember if it was complete or not, and can’t remember whether it was the teachers or the pupils who bought the stickers. I do remember the Peru team, especially Chumpitaz and Cubillas. I don’t remember watching any of the England games either.

Heard a piece on Talksh1te about these so checked out the cost and found this piece online in the Evening Standard."Given there will be around 700 players in Russia each with their own

sticker, plus managers, stadia and possible extras for tournament mascots

and such, those new prices translate to around £130 in the miraculous

event of no duplicates
."

I think there are just over 600 in the book this year and yea the new prices are a scandal.

However the way me and my pals and several colleagues look at it is when you spread it over the coming months leading up to the World Cup and get together to watch the CL final/ FA cup final over a few stickers its a good bit of harmless fun!

Anyway I am clearly collecting them with my boy haha!

king canary wrote the following post at 23/03/2018 8:50 AM:

This forum makes me feel young.

Yep and me, great isn’t it 😀

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Mexico 86 was the last one I collected.....surely grown men aren''t still doing this??[/quote]Well if a piece in today''s '' Times '' is to be believed you''ll need to be on an adult wage if you''re going to collect the full Russia 2018 set.It says Panini have raised the price from 50p to 80p for a pack of five ( a pack cost 12p in 1986 when there were six stickers and they would cost 28p now if the price had been raised only by the rate of inflation). For this World Cup there are 682 stickers and you''ll need to buy an average of 747 packs to get all the stickers it says.£600 well spent I''d say....[:D]

Seems quite extortionate....in''my day'' ie Mexico 86....seem to remember that there were 24 team but a good half dozen of them I. E Iraq south korea Morocco canada had two players to a sticker - half each.......I only collected that one because having completed the 85 book we went and got ourselves relegated so weren''t in the 86 album all bar a team group and a half/half foil badge shared with Oldham as a divison 2 team, so couldn''t bring my self to collectures that one , so did world cup 86 instead....