Sign in to follow this  
Iwans teeth

Matt Jarvis FFS

Is it mental more the physical?

A few weeks back Sturridge went down injured for West Brom - I seem to remember on TV they questioned whether if he is that mentally shot from so many repeated injuries that as soon as he feels a slight pull his brain thinks its worse than what it is.

I wonder if its a similar thing with Jarvis - he is probably desperate to play football again but he just cant do it mentally? Feel sorry for him to be fair

[quote user="Diane"]Tilly - Its good news that it''s not a re-occurrence of his serious ankle injury isn''t it, Matt Gill had confirmed its just a groin strain so they took him off as a precaution.

I hope he gets fit and is able to play next season, he''s been unlucky[/quote]Diane ever the optimist but he is finished end of plus he is 31 so hardly fits into this youth ethic that Webber keeps banging on about as the future. He is on serious money as well so the exit door would be staring him in the face without these persistent injuries. There is a stage when you say enough is enough.

Bodies are a complex thing.

You often here of players with long term injuries picking up other niggles due to overcompensating. So Jarvis may be so cautious on his ankle that it means his running style changes and causes a hamstring or calf tweak.

It would be churlish to ''blame'' him in any way- I''m sure he wants to play. However I will stick with my bafflement that the decision makers at the club decided signing an injury pronre player to a 3 and a half year deal while he was injured was a good plan.

[quote user="king canary"]Bodies are a complex thing.

You often here of players with long term injuries picking up other niggles due to overcompensating. So Jarvis may be so cautious on his ankle that it means his running style changes and causes a hamstring or calf tweak.

It would be churlish to ''blame'' him in any way- I''m sure he wants to play. However I will stick with my bafflement that the decision makers at the club decided signing an injury pronre player to a 3 and a half year deal while he was injured was a good plan.[/quote]
Yeah but you''re forgetting we signed him so we could loan Bamford.
Which was also a terrible decision so i''m not sure how much balance that brings to the table.

No balance whatsoever Hoggy!

It’s the sort of throwaway comment a hairdresser would make while obviously not understanding the subject during small talk with a client.

Oh god, this is going to be a ''feud'' now isn''t it.

Gut- I don''t agree with Hogesar all that much but he''s a good poster with some generally interesting opinions and decent arguments.

[quote user="The gut"]No balance whatsoever Hoggy!

It’s the sort of throwaway comment a hairdresser would make while obviously not understanding the subject during small talk with a client.[/quote]
It was a tongue in cheek comment because I (evidently wrongly) defended the decision to buy Jarvis at the time based on us getting Bamford on loan.
But if you''re going to be one of those that follows me around then generally it''s me that ends up staying here. Just ask Grefstad [:)]

Trouble is Hoggy you grew up in the morty era. You’ve been too heavily influenced by him. Haha you even use the same words.

Follow you around? Come on, grow up. Have a football opinion.

Well Kingo we have a different opinion.

I have very little interest in Hoggys because he’s not in the band of posters that I find have anything interesting to say or even thought provoking. I tend to ignore him and his posts, despite the fact that he has often jumped on mine. Today I choose to reply, no feud.

[quote user="The gut"]Trouble is Hoggy you grew up in the morty era. You’ve been too heavily influenced by him. Haha you even use the same words.

Follow you around? Come on, grow up. Have a football opinion.[/quote]
Condescending. I like it. 
As for Morty, it''s a shame he was banned. I often disagreed with him (and still do on other media) but at the very least he was a passionate fan who always tried to get behind the club.
I think you''re looking for a bit of an online-feud but you''re simply too irrelevant. Never know, arguing with me might make people notice your posts a bit more.

I think if I wanted to be noticed a bit more I might post a bit more lol.

You are so mini morty it is unbelievable, he also knew nothing about football but wanted to goad anyone who did.

No online feud from me, did you inherit the morty mirror also ;-)

As long he is trousering the generous salary paid by City he will try to recover from injury. It does seem his career is over I guess to get his insurance payout he needs to be insured by the club so may need to call it a day before his contract expires. If he does so will the club get any compo not sure if this is the case but hope we get some compo for employing the walking not running disaster.

He''s in the very last chance saloon.

If he cannot find form or gets another injury (likely) the get rid by any means possible.

Neal/McNally how could you possibly put this waster on our payroll? Did you research it properly before your flagrent mis-use of funds.

Ditto, Naismith.

Old ground I know but such stupidity still wrankles.

Another mistake by the NCFC set up

Still who cares the fans will still turn up

Injury history

Season

injury

from

until

Days

Games missed

17/18 Malleolar injury Jul 17, 2017 Jan 1, 2018 168 days 30Norwich City

16/17 Bruised hip Apr 14, 2017 Jul 1, 2017 78 days 5Norwich City

16/17 Patella rupture Jan 10, 2017 Apr 13, 2017 93 days 17Norwich City

16/17 Knee-OP Jul 16, 2016 Dec 1, 2016 138 days 21Norwich City

15/16 Twisted knee Oct 31, 2015 Jan 10, 2016 71 days 11Norwich City

14/15 Hamstring Injury Aug 7, 2014 Sep 28, 2014 52 days 7West Ham United

[quote user="Derby Canary"]We certainly know how to waste money on these sicknotes first James Vaughan and now this guy![/quote]So that''s two you can name. Hardly a regular occurence?!

So much misery on every thread this weekend. Are we that hard done by as football fans? No blessings to count? 
It''s not new after all. Sick notes have always been signed. Players don''t mean to be injured and managers and CEs don''t mean to waste money. It just happens.
Gerry Howshall! now there''s a thing. Morgan/Watling how could you possibly put this waster on our payroll? Did you research it properly before your flagrant misuse of funds. And to cap it all was paid for by the fans.....
Every signing is a gamble. If one works out badly try and balance that with the ones that work out well. Neil/McNally you played a blinder with Maddison. Morgan/Watling likewise with Big Dunc.

[quote user="Derby Canary"]We certainly know how to waste money on these sicknotes first James Vaughan and now this guy![/quote]  bog off, bin boy

That Neil Emblen was another one. And that John O’Neil. And what about that Louis-Jean???

We buy crocks because they’re cheaper. On Delia’s orders.

"Gerry Howshall! now there''s a thing. Morgan/Watling how could you possibly put this waster on our payroll? Did you research it properly before your flagrant misuse of funds. And to cap it all was paid for by the fans....."

I was at a party in Basildon at about that time. I found myself talking to the WBA club doctor (all they had/needed in those days) who had clearly previously worked with the player.

I mentioned NCFC and Howshall in particular and his consistent injuries and what a massive disappointment he had been.

Clearly the Doc. did not want to commit himself too much but nevertheless his response was telling:

"He makes the most of an injury."

Have we had our fair share of this type over the years?

Jarvis?

Currently commentating on the Ipswich v Millwall game on Talksport?

Seems a strange one - maybe looking at an alternative career if the injuries persist?

Calling one of our own players a useless turd because injuries have blighted his career seems an odd opinion to hold.

This isn''t a Grabban situation.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Currently commentating on the Ipswich v Millwall game on Talksport?

Seems a strange one - maybe looking at an alternative career if the injuries persist?[/quote]They already have persisted.