Sign in to follow this  
Iwans teeth

Matt Jarvis FFS

So is he "close" to making the first team?

If Zimmerman didn''t train for four days and is considered to be not able to start, then Jarvis could at least be given a broom or laundry to do to earn his wages.

Expect a few gloating I told you so posts to follow but it''s never nice to see a players career ended through injury, if indeed that is the outcome, no matter who he plays for. Shame for him.

No it is never nice to see a players career ended by injury but this has been on the cards for goodness knows how long.He got injured while on loan to us yet we still signed him and in his previous season at West Ham he made just 11 appearances because of injury. Never should have signed the guy.

Although I feel for the guy, he’s been an expensive curse.

Hopefully he’ll accept a mutual termination agreement this summer.

Til I believe we had to sign him as we wanted to loan another player and were already on our loan number limit.

Some you win some you lose.

In the news report it says he went down holding his ankles, which is either a typo to plural, or a rather strange injury.

Get him cleaning bogs pops!

I wonder what they''d give me to do if I was injured at work....

I doubt you would get paid for 2 years Double N.

i didn''t really mean the bogs. I was thinking more the ground after the match.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Get him cleaning bogs pops!

I wonder what they''d give me to do if I was injured at work....

I doubt you would get paid for 2 years Double N.

i didn''t really mean the bogs. I was thinking more the ground after the match.[/quote]
OK so what would they give the bloke who cleaned the ground after the match to do if he couldn''t push his broom through an injury at work?
I only said clean bogs because that was my job...

OK so what would they give the bloke who cleaned the ground after the match to do if he couldn''t push his broom through an injury at work?

I only said clean bogs because that was my job...

If his legs weren''t injured, I''d give him a start up front.

Before people get carried away there''s good news

@BobRutler

Just spoke to u23s boss Matt Gill... He says the good news about the Jarvis injury is that it wasn’t his troublesome ankle. He felt a twinge in his groin. Positive outlook.

[quote user="Diane"]Before people get carried away there''s good news

@BobRutler

Just spoke to u23s boss Matt Gill... He says the good news about the Jarvis injury is that it wasn’t his troublesome ankle. He felt a twinge in his groin. Positive outlook.[/quote]Oh a different injury then ? What great news.

So if it is only his groin does it mean he is "close"?

Tilly - Its good news that it''s not a re-occurrence of his serious ankle injury isn''t it, Matt Gill had confirmed its just a groin strain so they took him off as a precaution.

I hope he gets fit and is able to play next season, he''s been unlucky

Some Players Bodies are not built to stand the full career in football sadly it looks like Jarvis is one of those players if it is not his Ankle its his Groin then in with be a hamstring etc

very unlikely he will be back playing football at this level after all the time he has had off injured

Just our luck he will leave then play 30 games on the spin for someone else.

poor guy. our darren anderton.

much like darren, a formerly talented winger who once they pass 30 seem prone to collapse.

if he were the player of 3 or 4 years back then there is hope but looks like all the twisting and turning has left ankles of glass.

I really feel for him. People will moan and say he''s getting paid ETC. but he''s a footballer, he wants to be playing football and setback after setback must be hugely frustrating for him as it is for us as fans too. The same goes for Louis Thompson. I certainly hope in the long term they are both in contention for pre-season with a chance to break into the squad. What a horrible year it has been for both of them.

I think the moaning is banter AJ. Of course he wants to play and when he was at his best (hope he isn''t past that) I would prefer him to Murphy.

But his fitness has become very anecdotal and a source of dark humour.

In fact I think Jarvis must be related to Mark Cavendish.