Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wundaboy

Webber interview

A few posters have eluded to Mr Webber making comments before the game.
Does anyone have a transcript/link?
Apparently it was a fairly depressing listen.

Along the lines of, if you thought the 0-0 games were boring you should support another team.

No Wes testimonial.

Pitch being relaid over the summer so no home friendlies.

Dont have a go at the players as they are learning. Ok to have a go at him and Farke

Sounded a bit arrogant to me.

He also said it was too early to talk about comings and goings because the play offs are still possible Wundaboy.

I don’t like him and he is on thin ice in my book. This summer he has to get it right.

If you were bored at the 0-0 against Bolton and/or Burton, he would advise you go watch another team.

He thoroughly enjoyed the 2 nil defeat to Fulham on Friday, tactical spectacle, 2 really good teams on show

There were more boos at home games last season when we scored 55 and conceded 22. Lots more boos in fact. I don''t think style of play really bothers too many.

Is there a transcript anywhere?

If he really alluded to making the playoffs - he is living on another planet.

The guy comes across arrogant as hell. Didn''t seem to be missed much at Huddersfield.

Kind of Mr Webber to offer me a choice of supporting someone else. But I suspect I will be at Carrow Road long after he has gone .

Webber should be on the NDR project team.......That''ll also hopefully and eventually be finished and complete......one day.......

The full interview is on Iplayer radio Norfolk. It''s quite early into the program that started at 1400hrs today before the game.

Kind of reminds me of the Glenn Roeder ''missed your tenure as England manager'' quote.

Its a poor choice of words & its hardly likely to get fans back onside after what is turning into an awful season

Good comparison RogueB.

I think Webber''s interview today was right up there with the worst ever. I really could not believe how bad it was.

"Along the lines of, if you thought the 0-0 games were boring you should support another team."

Damn cheek. The original trio of my father, my uncle and myself have clocked up over 100 years of supporting City between us, through thick and thin. Spent thousands in the process.

Standing in the rain, queuing for cup tie tickets, queuing for the Pink every Saturday evening, being attacked by Leeds fans behind the Barclay and abused at Palace, experiencing defeat at Portman Road, celebrating at Watford, crying at Fulham, putting up with the likes of Keith Scott and Keith O''Neill, drooling over Ruel and Chris and Efan and Ian etc., chanting "Chase out." and wading in piss in those old outside toilets.

Who is this Johny come lately?

I find it hard to find anything to like about him.

It''s not many weeks ago that I think he said something like he would put up his and Daniel''s record for unearthing/playing young talent up against the best in the world.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2018-04-02 11:38 PM:

There were more boos at home games last season when we scored 55 and conceded 22. Lots more boos in fact. I don''t think style of play really bothers too many.

Really Nigel. It certainly bothers me! And do we actually have a style?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]There were more boos at home games last season when we scored 55 and conceded 22. Lots more boos in fact. I don''t think style of play really bothers too many.[/quote]The fact that the discussion has descended into whether or not there were more boos this season or last season is a perfect example of how far we''ve fallen.Besides after booing almost continuously for 2 seasons fans are probably fed up with it, not least because it has made little or no difference, and can no longer be arsed to do it with the same passion as last year.As for style of play, it only becomes an issue when the same dross is served up game after game after game without even a sniff of an alternative being tried.

Webber is sitting there knowing everyone on the board has fell for his i need time speeches

it is a big gamble by the Board to put all their eggs in trusting Webber when the results have not been good enough

My point was about whether style of play matters to people as much as they say. You''re wrong about continual boos for two seasons MP because there hasn''t been. There were more boos last season when I enjoyed what I saw then this season when I haven''t. That suggests to me style of play doesn''t matter to many. All that matters is whether expectations are met. I''m sure that if the performances had been the same but we''d beaten Bolton and Burton 1-0 there would have been no boos.

I heard the interview in full before the game and, while it didn''t particuarly bother me, I did think his choice of words was somewhat ill-conceived. Rightly or wrongly, he does often come across as being a bit arrogant. There are however some things you never say - and telling loyal fans to go and support another team if they don''t like what they are seeing is one of them.

Hopefully now that Mick McCarthy has a bit more time on his hands he will be able to give Mr. Webber a few pointers on how to get the fans onside.