Sign in to follow this  
Fraz

Only 26pts at home so far this season

Had a look back through the history of the club at home, Norwich have played 27 season in a 46 game league, this being the 28th
using 3pts for a win, the worst 3 season are
1956/57 - W7  D5  L11 - 26Pts  finished 24th
1995/96 - W7  D9  L7   - 30pts  finished 15th
2008/09 - W9  D5  L9 - 32pts finished 22nd
All of which there were managerial changes made.
*2017/18 - W6  D8  L6 - 26pts - 3games remain, max of 35pts if we achieved this it would be place in the top 5 worst seasons at home
Another worrying thing is the goals at home, currently on 20, our lowest in a 46 games season at home was in 2000/2001 - 25goals, also we have never had a negative home goal difference in the championship, we currently have a -1 GD
this being said, with the most expensive season ticket in the league, I feel we have been some what short changed, and the fans can''t be happy,
We keep being told this is work in progress with the new football philosophy, but it''s not been good enough, not sure where the club is going but the owners are no longer invested in the club, the big words used by the board is ''self sustainable'' - which basically means, funded by the supporters and TV, player sales (which is unsustainable), there are cuts in every department except for the season ticket prices.
Farke and Webber for me have until the first 10games of next season to show mass improvement, challenging for a playoff spot, if they''re not, its going to get a lot more ugly at Carrow road.

It''s not a great season by all accounts, but we need some patience.

The great Ferguson at Man U had an awful first season. AFter that..enough said.

Webber/Wagner just about avoided relegation in their first season.

Even Jokanovic at Fulham had a mare his first season.

Feels like we still need major rebuilding, but it''s next season we MUST see signs of improvement.

I’ve got little patience left. I will give them this summer to sort it out but if it’s not better first third of next season then they will get both barrels. This “transition” or rebuilding motion is a smokescreen. It’s still football, a relatively simple game.

[quote user="Fraz"]
Had a look back through the history of the club at home, Norwich have played 27 season in a 46 game league, this being the 28th
*2017/18 - W6  D8  L6 - 26pts - 3games remain, max of 35pts if we achieved this it would be place in the top 5 worst seasons at home
Another worrying thing is the goals at home, currently on 20, our lowest in a 46 games season at home was in 2000/2001 - 25goals, also we have never had a negative home goal difference in the championship, we currently have a -1 GD
this being said, with the most expensive season ticket in the league, I feel we have been some what short changed, and the fans can''t be happy,
We keep being told this is work in progress with the new football philosophy, but it''s not been good enough, not sure where the club is going but the owners are no longer invested in the club, the big words used by the board is ''self sustainable'' - which basically means, funded by the supporters and TV, player sales (which is unsustainable), there are cuts in every department except for the season ticket prices.
Farke and Webber for me have until the first 10games of next season to show mass improvement, challenging for a playoff spot, if they''re not, its going to get a lot more ugly at Carrow road.
[/quote]

Whats the source of your stats Fraz? Did you get them from a particular website?

If it makes people feel any better the only two games i''ve missed this season included 2 home wins. So i''ve only seen 20 points at home.

I was one who clinged to the belief that some foreign managers struggled in their first season but came good second attempt.

I am not so sure now.

I am not so sure we need to keep bringing in sub standard foreigners like we did in the 90''s. Huddersfield, often used as a role model, didn''t go overboard and rely on quite a few Brits in their side.

The QPR "commentator" on Ifollow said that we play neat passing football but it was a slow build up.

That is all very well if you have the quality of Barcelona or Man City.

We don''t and probably never will so I don''t see it working.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Fraz"]
[/quote]

Whats the source of your stats Fraz? Did you get them from a particular website?[/quote]
from various by looking at the league table showing home and away records (mainly soccerbase.com and wikipedia)