Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Mick McCarthy

Desperately hoping they get a manager in who wants to play cultured football. The trap door will beckon.

[quote user="hogesar"]Mick''s press conference today apparently interesting - hinting that players like Bart and Chambers may want to leave now with him gone.
It was widely reported that the players themselves were big McCarthy fans. There''s not much else to keep them at Ipswich. No fans, poor training facilities, run down stadium and comparatively low wages.
[/quote]I think Bart is already gone. He''s not signed his new contract which was offered some while back.Currently fourteen players are out of contract in June, including ALL three keepers. If Bart leaves on free then that will hit their budget as the extra few million would have been a massive boost.McCarthy''s ''method'' was to sign injury prone players to get te most out of them for a year or so to keep the ship afloat. It would be curious to see what the cost is of two injury prone players v one sound and comparative playerHowever enjoy the fun watching the farmhands come up with all manner of names they think are suited to Ipswich Town FC ........ glorious history and all.From Redknapp to any successful lower league club manager, from ex Town players to out of work former PL managers.

ps the rumours that Beattie and Brazil are to take over the catering as 2Bs Catering (pints and pies) are not to be believed

Guy work is s/t holder at 1p5wich, good football fan, can always have decent chat with him about the teams we support. He appreciates what MM has done for them keeping the mid-table but says the football is rigor-mortis inducing and overall not unhappy a change has been made.

My view: - Danny Cowley and brother would be an interesting appointment for 1p5wich, might re-vitalise (if that’s even possible!) them. So let’s hope it’s not him.

Apparently he wants to leave on a high :

Finishing above us !

Mind , looking at the respective fixtures we have a lot tougher run in with Fulham, Villa, Cardiff, Preston and Leeds.

So it’s going to be an interesting end of the season

[quote user="Tim Allman"]Guy work is s/t holder at 1p5wich, good football fan, can always have decent chat with him about the teams we support. He appreciates what MM has done for them keeping the mid-table but says the football is rigor-mortis inducing and overall not unhappy a change has been made.

My view: - Danny Cowley and brother would be an interesting appointment for 1p5wich, might re-vitalise (if that’s even possible!) them. So let’s hope it’s not him.[/quote]If you are on a good run then you would be looking to move up, not jump ship to land on a sinking craft.Whoever takes the job it will need a lot of work to get this ailing club out of the ''intensive uncare'' it is now in.It will be interesting though to see how the players react to being managed by a ''dead man walking'' manager.

Mick has gone wayyyy up in my estimation since his latest press conference where he referred to binner fans as "numb skulls". 😂😂

Will King Keano be changing his name? King Numb Skull sounds really authentic....

"Mick has gone wayyyy up in my estimation since his latest press conference where he referred to binner fans as "numb skulls". 😂😂”

Be fair ... he clarified he was only referring to the ones who wanted him out.

So only about 85% of their fans are numbskulls.

McCarthy would achieve more with our squad than Farke, because he wouldn''t get the players to play a style of football that they aren''t good enough to play.

Just sayin''

6 months into a McCarthy ran season at Carrow Road would have the same culprits as always complaining about style of play and wanting him out. Unless he had us in the playoffs. And McCarthys long ball target man game would be playing to our weaknesses far more so than Farke currently is.

[quote user="GenerationA47"]"Mick has gone wayyyy up in my estimation since his latest press conference where he referred to binner fans as "numb skulls". 😂😂”

Be fair ... he clarified he was only referring to the ones who wanted him out.

So only about 85% of their fans are numbskulls.[/quote]
85% seems about right.[:)][Y] although I''d qualify that with 100% of the ones that post on here...

Agree with Komakino in that I doubt we''d be in this situation with Mick at the helm.

Would make a great budget option, would get the best out of the squad and given an actual budget to play with we couldn''t do any worse than this absolute dross.

I''d actually like to see him take us up as a two fingered gesture to the Binmen!

We need what Warnock has done to Cardiff, Harris has done to Millwall not what some random under21 German has done to Dortmunds under 21s. We ain''t Dortmund, we ain''t German and this isn''t the Bundasliga last time I checked 😳

My view: - Danny Cowley and brother would be an interesting appointment for 1p5wich, might re-vitalise (if that’s even possible!) them. So let’s hope it’s not him.

Danny Cowley and Brother would be my choice here over Farke and webber

they would be able to gel a team and have that grit about them to get the best out of players they also know most players in the lower leagues to find the gems

Again, McCarthy or Cowley would be great options if they won games. But if they didn''t their style of play is far worse than what we''re getting now.

[quote user="hogesar"]Again, McCarthy or Cowley would be great options if they won games. But if they didn''t their style of play is far worse than what we''re getting now.[/quote]

What we’re getting now is no goals and ponderous boring build up play, with little excitement to look forward to, why would anything be worse.

Because you could have the same but without Maddison ever touching the ball because we decide to bypass midfield and hit it long to strikers who aren''t great in the air.
Which is what McCarthy done even with Garner and Waghorn out, with Sears (who isn''t a big fella) playing up front by himself.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Is Bryan Hamilton out of a job?[/quote]

Ah yes, the Blarneymeister. Please let it be true.