Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Mick McCarthy

At the risk of being accused of being obsessed...

Ipswich have announced McCarthy will leave at the end of the season.

He leaves with a derby record of 4 losses and 4 draws to us with zero wins.

Good. Despite the rubbish derby record, he has worked miracles keeping that filth in the championship. They’ll miss him when he’s gone.

''In his six years here he has made us a very competitive club in what is a very competitive league. No one looks forward to playing Ipswich.''

HA! Biggest load of BS I have ever heard...

They needed to do something to get a few more punters through the door. I wonder who they get? Hopefully they''ll be disappearing into league 1 this time next year.

Speaking to a number of friends who support them (I know...), they''ll be delighted. Will be an interesting appointment - Mowbray would be a good fit.

Be careful what you wish for, and all that. Can''t help but think they''ll miss him in six months time.

Genuine relegation contenders unless Evans is going to back whoever the new manager is going to be.

On aside issue, I wonder how that announcement will reflect in their performances under him, for the rest of the season, especially in their current position (Not going up, not going down).

I would have thought it better that the Binners and MM agree that he goes straight away, and have another Manager lined up , to jump in now?

Wouldn''t have thought Mowbray would be that interested now. It''s two from Blackburn, Wigan and Shrewsbury to go up automatically. Can''t believe Ipswich would have a bigger budget than Blackburn (ie neither has any money).

alex_ncfc wrote the following post at 29/03/2018 12:28 PM:

Is Bryan Hamilton out of a job?

Brian is happily retired and living in Norfolk.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mike "]Who gives a rats ass...[/quote]Us City fans do......[/quote]

Not this City fan

Mick''s press conference today apparently interesting - hinting that players like Bart and Chambers may want to leave now with him gone.
It was widely reported that the players themselves were big McCarthy fans. There''s not much else to keep them at Ipswich. No fans, poor training facilities, run down stadium and comparatively low wages.

Anything worth picking out of the carcass?

@Hogesar

Tbf I remember Ian Murray complaining when Grant got sacked so I don''t know if players liking the manager is a always a good thing.

To be fair, Mick did a good job on a shoestring

With 500k to spend per year, he had them punching way above their weight

It''s going to be interesting to see the interaction between him and the crowd, in the remaining games, and his final press conference should be worth seeing, also.

Crabbycanary3 wrote the following post at 29/03/2018 8:30 PM:

It''s going to be interesting to see the interaction between him and the crowd, in the remaining games, and his final press conference should be worth seeing, also.

I hope to see a continuation of the gesticulaion we saw at FCR, what a joy to see a Scum Manager telling scum fans to Ferk Off. what could be better and more of the same please😀

He''s alright is Mick. I once had afternoon tea with him at a hotel in Coventry. He was there preparing his Sunderland team for an evening game at Coventry and I was running a course there. We just bumped into each other in the lounge and chatted all things football for half an hour. Really down to earth - no airs and graces. Just a normal sort of guy talking good sense without any bovine excrement.