Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Farke out

There will be managers in and out of work aghast at how little stick and fan pressure Farke has endured given how poor we''ve been, the wage budget we have and the cash we''ve spent.

Away fans started to turn today with some booing and a loud "Farke, make a sub" chant. A couple more like today and Carra Rud could get toxic before even the end of the season.

There’s no point starting a ‘Farke Out’ campaign, as he’d just be replaced by another hopeless gamble. Appointing yet another youth team manager has been yet another failed experiment (oh, the surprise). The better campaign would be to get Smith, Jones & their useless nepotist chums club out, or we’ll never move forward. At the moment, I’m even losing the motivation to post anything on the club. Alas, poor City, the hope runeth dry.

If we didn''t have Maddison this season, we would be staring relegation in the face. For the squad we have, it''s hard to say anything other than we have woefully underperformed.

We won''t have Maddison next year. I doubt we''ll have Klose or Gunn next year. I for one am very worried about where we are headed.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Patience is something supporters aren''t known for but we have to give it a decent chance to succeed. I have never been wholly convinced by Webber but there''s little point binning a ''project'' before it''s had a proper chance.[/quote]That is he point.It is and was always going to be a long term project. Too many of the faint hearted had over excited temselves in their believe that we would walk the league.We have NEVER been in the position we were in last summer. A wage bill that depended upon parachute payments over over £30m. Those contracts could not simply be terminated, yet the club needed to be free of them this summer.If it was ever that easy as some of the whingers on here would have then Sunderland still with parachute payments would not be facing a drop to L1. It is that need to move from PL money to Championship money with a PL wage bill that was always going determine much of what we did this season.However as always the ''hidden'' few have crawled out to have their whine. For them only Norwich City have ''failed''  no other club, and their shrieks will doubtlessly carry on most of tonight, like a child who has been stung by a wasp. Some will doubtlessly slide back to twtd congratulating themselves, whilst others will fight like demons possessed if City get to Wembley again. Demanding their right to watch ''their'' club.Personally I have faith in what is being done, and the patience to wait and watch - if only as a Norwich City supporter I have seen us come and go more times than I care to remember.We''ll be back, just as the whingers on here will be when the bandwagon starts to roll again.

The last real manager we had was Chris Hughton .... even though his style of play did not excite in the least (it was against PL sides though) at least he possessed tactical nous and had the air of somebody who basically knew what he was up against and what he was up to.

Since then we have had three "shots in the dark."

Adams ... failed

Neil ... started with a flourish but lost his way, big time.

Farke ... appearing to be clueless.

Result: we are drifting into mediocrity Championship style.

If Farke carries on like this I cannot see him lasting before the Xmas break.

No more "shots in the dark." Lambert''s reign was freakish, the right place at the right time, serendipity plus Grant Holt.

It won''t happen again.

For now, I have a soft spot for Brighton and their manager.

[quote user="4-2-thefloor"]If you can see what Farke is trying to do then we need to give him at least another season. He only need a few more players and to give the team a little tune up.[/quote]I''m not sure I really see what he''s trying to do to be honest. It might be suited to mid table Bundesliga, but as to getting promoted from the Championship then I don''t see with his tactics we will ever win enough games. He''s not a good fit for this league.

Long term project and league 1 I can handle, but being ripped off with the highest season ticket prices in the the division together with this dire performance week in is taking the pi$$.

Totally agree he must go before next season ,managing a reserve team in Germany is not good enough to step up to the championship apart from maddison and sometimes Gunn the rest of squad are not up to championship football. Wes and klose have been up and down .

If we keep farke sell Maddison and Gunn returns to city we will be here next season mid table .the fans who were there today deserve much better

[quote user="Capt. Pants"][quote user="4-2-thefloor"]If you can see what Farke is trying to do then we need to give him at least another season. He only need a few more players and to give the team a little tune up.[/quote]I''m not sure I really see what he''s trying to do to be honest. It might be suited to mid table Bundesliga, but as to getting promoted from the Championship then I don''t see with his tactics we will ever win enough games. He''s not a good fit for this league.[/quote]Farke is trying to get us to play similar to Swansea under Brendan Rogers, so all this talk of not being able to play a possession game and be promoted is wrong in my view.Trying to do it on a budget with half the team being new players is a real challenge. I appreciate some don''t like possession football and would prefer a direct game, but I''d say the dissatisfaction is more because we aren''t performing consistently than the style per se.

You can’t play possession football when you’ve got players who can’t pass to each other, try clever litttle flicks at inappropriate times and when you don’t have a forward in the box.

Managing football clubs is not a long term job anymore. If you are not doing it, then at any level, you are out of a job.

And as much as I would like us to succeed always, and that includes the current staff, I have no qualms about us changing at the end of the season.

They have had two windows to bring in some decent players. And I''m convinced there are some jewels in L1 and L2, But we seem obsessed with some pretty rank average foreigners.

And if they don''t realise this then they are stubborn at best and need to told a few home truths.

We left it too late with Hughton and too late with Neil. We must ensure we look to improve instead of hoping that things fall into place as many seem to think they will.

@City1st

As a stickler for accuracy I''m sure you''ll be able to back this claim up with a post.

"Too many of the faint hearted had over excited temselves in their believe that we would walk the league."

I don''t remember anyone claiming we''d walk the league.

Farke to attend the OCTOBER OKTTOBERFEST at the Forum

come along and ask questions face to face with the Manager of NCFC.

For any Ipswich fans wishing to attend the Oktoberfest starts in November

Just seen this from a Spurs fan on Twatter...

Edwards didn''t come on as Norwich lost 4-1. They''ve now won 1 in 10 and are 20/24 in the form table despite arguably having the division''s best player in James Maddison. Their manager, Daniel Farke, can''t be too far from getting the boot.

It seems that we’ve been bemoaning our paltry budget all season; a point that the club have really driven home to the fans over and over again.

We, therefore, are all aware that next season will be equally thrifty and that more big earners will be shipped out as we focus on developing our own and bringing in young players we can mould and progress.

So, why are we advocating sacking the manager?

Unless we can guarantee that whoever we get in is going to be better than Farke - how many times has it been “couldn’t be worse than...” - why on earth would we elect to deflect all that cash from our paltry budget to getting rid of Farke, all his staff etc.

Makes no sense at all. Especially as the players brought in were purchased to fit Farke’s ethos; the next bloke will then suffer as Farke has done with other people’s players and we’ll be having yet another clearout.

Rinse and repeat.

It could be a long and bumpy road, uncomfortable at times, frustrating and exhilarating on occasion (probably more frustrating) and downright boring on others.

We’ ll shed some deadweight along the way, how much will depend on the constitution of the individual. Strap in or stay home... 😉

[quote user="STFU"]You can’t play possession football when you’ve got players who can’t pass to each other, try clever litttle flicks at inappropriate times and when you don’t have a forward in the box.[/quote]We''ve got to start somewhere, and it''s not like we''re in danger of being relegated. If we haven''t got the players to do it at the moment then that''s something for the coaches and those who decide who we buy to sort out.Playing this kind of game takes time to perfect, and I''ve seen enough so far to be optimistic and remain patient.

Without Maddison and a minor injury crisis such as this season, then I would suggest that next season we are more likely to be relegated than this. If you are happy with what you are seeing pretty much week in week out then bully for you. I''m not, and I''m concerned where we are heading.

I saw nothing today that gave me any hope for optimism. Passing the ball around aimlessly until we lose it just doesn’t work, strangely enough. On the couple of occasions that we had free kicks where we could have put the ball in the area, we didn’t. Possession for the sake of it is pretty pointless.

When Webber took the job, our average wage was ~28k per week. Webber knew unless we went up in 2018, he''d have to replace the entire playing squad by 2018 (unless he could secure contract extensions on vastly reduced wages). Replace the entire playing squad with no money in the bank, so having to sell to buy.Webber was tasking with finding a manager who could coach and develop players, compete in the Championship, but still have the tactical nous to scale into the Premiership.Looks like fans having added a further criteria of playing like 1970''s Brazil

40 games and the current bunch do not seem to be anywhere near perfect... Anyway let''s hope that Webber''s third transfer windows things improve because that was his promise. Think it''s utter rubbish myself...

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]It seems that we’ve been bemoaning our paltry budget all season; a point that the club have really driven home to the fans over and over again.

We, therefore, are all aware that next season will be equally thrifty and that more big earners will be shipped out as we focus on developing our own and bringing in young players we can mould and progress.

Unless we can guarantee that whoever we get in is going to be better than Farke - how many times has it been “couldn’t be worse than...” - why on earth would we elect to deflect all that cash from our paltry budget to getting rid of Farke, all his staff etc.

Makes no sense at all. Especially as the players brought in were purchased to fit Farke’s ethos; the next bloke will then suffer as Farke has done with other people’s players and we’ll be having yet another clearout.

Rinse and repeat.

It could be a long and bumpy road, uncomfortable at times, frustrating and exhilarating on occasion (probably more frustrating) and downright boring on others.

We’ ll shed some deadweight along the way, how much will depend on the constitution of the individual. Strap in or stay home... 😉[/quote]

Because the way we’re going about playing is bloody boring

That’s as big a reason for me, I know all about budget but watching us is like having teeth pulled

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]It seems that we’ve been bemoaning our paltry budget all season; a point that the club have really driven home to the fans over and over again.

Rinse and repeat.

We’ ll shed some deadweight along the way, how much will depend on the constitution of the individual. Strap in or stay home... 😉[/quote]

Because the way we’re going about playing is bloody boring

That’s as big a reason for me, I know all about budget but watching us is like having teeth pulled

[quote user="4-2-thefloor"]Playing this kind of game takes time to perfect, and I''ve seen enough so far to be optimistic and remain patient.[/quote]We have no choice but to do that since the decision was taken early that we wouldn''t be going for it this season. Without the parachute payments this was our last realistic chance to get back up before suffering perhaps a decade of mediocrity. Perhaps it was the only sensible option for a club with no ultra rich owners but we are where we are and some of us at the latter end of our supporting lives are unlikely ever to see us in the Prem again.Never mind, fun while it lasted and couldn''t have asked for a more eventful last ten years[Y]

We will rise again, OTBC.

When is he going to find a manager with tactical nous and an ability to coach and develop players then? Do you see improvement after 40 games?

This problem is not going to fix itself.

Farke/Webber are clearly incapable re fixing the issues we infact as the season has gone on have got worse.

Clear out required starting with Delia

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]When Webber took the job, our average wage was ~28k per week. Webber knew unless we went up in 2018, he''d have to replace the entire playing squad by 2018 (unless he could secure contract extensions on vastly reduced wages). Replace the entire playing squad with no money in the bank, so having to sell to buy.Webber was tasking with finding a manager who could coach and develop players, compete in the Championship, but still have the tactical nous to scale into the Premiership.Looks like fans having added a further criteria of playing like 1970''s Brazil[/quote]

Not sure about 1970s Brazil, but being competitive with 2018 QPR doesn’t sound unreasonable.

[quote user="FCC"][quote user="Icecream Snow"]When Webber took the job, our average wage was ~28k per week. Webber knew unless we went up in 2018, he''d have to replace the entire playing squad by 2018 (unless he could secure contract extensions on vastly reduced wages). Replace the entire playing squad with no money in the bank, so having to sell to buy.Webber was tasking with finding a manager who could coach and develop players, compete in the Championship, but still have the tactical nous to scale into the Premiership.Looks like fans having added a further criteria of playing like 1970''s Brazil[/quote]

Not sure about 1970s Brazil, but being competitive with 2018 QPR doesn’t sound unreasonable.[/quote]

Absolutely.

Webber has made some dire signings and wasted money in the process. Granted he’s made a few decent ones, but on balance his transfer dealings have been awful, and I’m some cases utterly pointless.

The squad has been left weak and unbalanced. The striker issue is an absolute joke. There is no way this squad is capable of a promotion challenge next year. Absolutely no way.

The only potentially saving grace is the injury problems we’ve had. But having said that, some of the players signed had fitness issues therefore hardly a surprise to see them injured. Particularly when factored in with the reported high training volumes. So basically it’s just a bit of balls up all round.