Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Next season?

Next season first eleven....maybe......Obviously would like Maddison to stay, but if he goes -                    GunnPinto Hanley Zimmermann Lewis            Godfrey  Trybull                     Vrancic   Hernandez  Srbeny  Murphy (or someone better)

I think that that is rather premature.

Furthermore it completely ignores players like Godfrey and Thompson both of whom could have ripened nicely.

And if it assumes we will hang onto Gunn, which is 50/50 at best, imo.

It assumes the acquisition of no new strikers or a wide man with some of the assumed Madisson money and if we are relying upon Sbreny and Murphy in our strike force then God forbid.

With respect LDC, I think it''s daft.

It may be a bit premature/daft, but one thing it doesn''t do is ignore Godfrey, who is in the XI.

I doubt we''d keep Gunn (imo he is good but overrated by many on here) and the rest is rather open to debate as to whether people will be here, or we may have better.

Surely next season can''t go ahead unless the rotted core at the top of the club has been removed?

The club might as well be competitively suspended until we have new leaders, new board, new vision, new money.

To clarify.

I think that it is possible that we resume our interest in Leistner to add to the central defence. He will be a free agent come the Summer.

We need a genuine wide man, imo.

Plus TWO newbies in the strike force in place of Oliveira, Watkins and we should also unload Murphy if the offer is right, imo.

The more we pull in for some of the not quite good enoughs the more of the Madisson wedge can be secreted away for the future.

[quote user="Big Vince"]...new money.[/quote]Perhaps old Bob Chase could help out with some dosh - after all, he trousered plenty while he was here. [:)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Big Vince"]...new money.[/quote]Perhaps old Bob Chase could help out with some dosh - after all, he trousered plenty while he was here. [:)][/quote]

He only trousered £600,000 so that is not going to go very far. Probably not even enough to relay the pitch let alone build a team of Galacticos worthy of the CL.

Don''t really see what is daft or even quirky about it.  It is based on players we have and who are likely to be here next season - and I include Gunn in that as I''m not sure Gunn will find a premier league club to be loaned to, or even if Man City would want him at another PL club, or if he would go to another championship club either, given his affiliation with Norwich.   Also, can anyone really quibble about that back four and the two central midfielders, with Godfrey able to take on the third CB role if we want to play that way?  We''ve missed Trybull too with his injury.  As for the front three, surely Hernandez and Srbeny will be key players next season?  Murphy I''m not so sure about, but still likely to be here next season imo. Sure, it''s premature, but with the play offs now out of reach, it does show imo we have the personell to put out a good team next season and with the likely input of one or two players in the Summer and the outgoing of those no-longer required, maybe a better team/squad than that.

I assume that we will be returning to 3 x CBs, otherwise the majority of this season would have been wasted. That midfield looks depressing.

A few somersaults in your last rather defensive defence of your very premature selection LDC.

It is not ten to two on a Saturday we are talking about here, it is five months away.

And surely all clubs come out of the Summer in better shape than they go into it. It''s the cardinal time of the year for change and improvement.

3 at the back showed promise and success. Hopefully the formations around that this season have been to find a plan B, which we’re still looking for...

[quote user="lake district canary"]Next season first eleven....maybe......Obviously would like Maddison to stay, but if he goes -                    GunnPinto Hanley Zimmermann Lewis            Godfrey  Trybull                     Vrancic   Hernandez  Srbeny  Murphy (or someone better)

[/quote]If that is it then God help us.Presumably the "or someone better" applies to most of those and not just Murphy seeing as though we''re going to have £25m to squander.BTW, Gunn won''t be here.

Assuming Tettey won''t be here we''ll need another similar type player as Trybull will be injured most of the season. We''ve also got Maclean (?) to slot in the midfield and possibly Leitner too. No Oliveira mentioned either, assuming he is sold then we''ll need at least one more striker as Srbeny looks as though he has a lot to learn. Carlton Morris might be back but has hardly been prolific this season with only 7 goals.

It''s a sensible shout based on where we''re at at the moment.

The back four hasn''t worked with these guys all season, so I''dhope we''d build on the 3 cb''s. Agree that I hope we go for Leinster, whether Klose goes or not.

Srbeny''s still finding his feet, so we''ve got to find some scoring strikers, and Morris isn''t the answer, no do I suspect is Abrahams or Fonkea.

I''ve never really liked a top three, because we end up playing very narrow. Murphy simply hasn''t shown any progress whatsoever all season, so I''d hope we can find someone to push or replace him more. I see Murphy more as an impact sub

Why does anyone think Srbenny will be a key player next season when he''s looked very average so far and has yet to score a goal. Granted there were some more promising bits of link up play against Fulham recently but he still didn''t look threatening. Of course I hope he comes through and turns out to be a top goalscorer for us but at the moment I would say that''s not hugely likely.

I think a more pacey, physical striker is a must this summer.

I suspect McClean may be pushing for a starting berth as well as Leitner if he ends up staying. I wouldn''t play Vrancic in that advanced role as i think the game will pass him by.

I also am not mad about the back 4 given how well it has performed as a back 4 recently. I would prefer the 3 CBs.

Im not sure how anyone can predict a relegation battle when we are likely to see a changeover of almost 10 players. Equally you cant predict promotion, but shock horror ive not seen that!