Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

What current players unavailable yesterday could

improve things next season?

I''ll categorise:

1. THE UNLIKELY:

Stephen Naismith (universal Nah! Are you mad?) Unlikely (highly,) but possible.

Matt Jarvis (Nah! Yet again,) but slightly more likely than Naismith, imo.)

2. LOANS OUT:

Ben Godfrey. Most certainly. Anymore yet?

3. INJURED:

Louis Thompson.

Tom Trybul

Onel Hernandez.

The rest have yet to genuinely

convince. (eg Stiepermann.)

4. YOUNGSTERS:

Dennis Sbreny(??)

Todd Cantwell

Tristan Abrahams.

I have been very strict, but am also slightly ill-informed as usual.

Any additions to this list? Not too bad as it is though it would seem.

Hernandez is the obvious one for me along with maybe Trybull.

However the player who could have made the most difference was on the bench- Klose.

I think Trybull, Godfrey and Hernandez would have made a difference.

Our lack of numbers in that holding midfield position this season has meant that far too often we''ve had to put out a team without either Tettey or Trybull in it and when we do that we struggle, especuiially with 4 at the back. Vrancic and Reed is too lightweight a due to play in that formation as the deeper lying two, yes Vrancic can pass quite well but players are able to cut through the midfield too easily.

I am also utterly bemused as to why he has ditched the 3Cb system that was working so well for us, especially as Klose was available yesterday. The fact he obviously does not trust Raggett to play is worrying.

I completely forgot Windshutt.

What a strange NCFC career he has had.

Do we want him back? High earner? Cardiff don''t use him much. Another pup?

Trybull for Vrancic but we just don''t know about Godfrey and Thompson playing under Farkes orders.

Hernandez looks sharp and keen but has shown that he can deliver yet.

@CY

I thought Leitner was only here on loan, although may be with an option to buy.

We were also reported to be prepared to pay £3 or so for Toni Leistner (confused.com) a highly rated central defender who becomes a free agent in the Summer.

Perhaps he has been lined up to replace Klose.

Klose''s value? £6-8m.

For loans out, don''t forget Franke! He''ll replace Klose no problems ;)

On a serious note, Remi Matthews, will be interesting to see if the club see him as a serious No1 contender next season if we don''t manage to keep Gunn

Matthews has had a good season, so could well have a shot at No.1 (assuming we can''t retain Gunn-unlikely)

Again Godfrey has had a good season and I''d see him as our new Tettey.

Could Leitner fill Maddisons place, or might Maclean or someone new be bought in?

For me we MUST move on Naismith, Martin, Watkins, NO, even Husband. They are all past their best, don''t fit in, or are high earners (or underperformers all season). Also assume we''ll try to more Wildschut on.

Not sure where Franke fits in. I was thinking about Leinster this morning-would be a great CB addition, as I assume Klose might be moved on. Raggett is a mystery as to why he''s not getting any game time

[quote user="Samwam27"]Matthews has had a good season, so could well have a shot at No.1 (assuming we can''t retain Gunn-unlikely)

Could Leitner fill Maddisons place, or might Maclean or someone new be bought in?

For me we MUST move on Naismith, Martin, Watkins, NO, even Husband. They are all past their best, don''t fit in, or are high earners (or underperformers all season). Also assume we''ll try to more Wildschut on.

Not sure where Franke fits in. I was thinking about Leinster this morning-would be a great CB addition, as I assume Klose might be moved on. Raggett is a mystery as to why he''s not getting any game time[/quote]

Plymouth fans don''t agree with your view of Matthews. Have a look at their forum and you get a different story to the one that Archant tell

"Plymouth fans don''t agree with your view of Matthews. Have a look at their forum and you get a different story to the one that Archant tell."

I did just that because your comment surprised me.

Apparently he had a stinker just before Xmas, but opinions are generally positive.

Eg.

"Let’s not forget that Remi is still a relatively inexperienced goalkeeper at first team level so he’s entitled to the occasional off day. He’ll bounce back for sure as he has a great attitude and is a quality keeper."

It could be argued we left Rudd out in the cold for too long.

Matthews has had a long spell in goal for Argyle and most fans I speak to in Cornwall rate him highly.

I think it might be prudent to give him the gloves for next season or risk losing him.

"I think it might be prudent to give him the gloves for next season or risk losing him."

Et moi.

I suppose we will never know how much Gunn''s loan costs us.

Job done. He has stood in for a year to give Remi a bit more time.

[quote user="Samwam27"]Matthews has had a good season, so could well have a shot at No.1 (assuming we can''t retain Gunn-unlikely)

Not sure where Franke fits in. I was thinking about Leinster this morning-would be a great CB addition, as I assume Klose might be moved on. Raggett is a mystery as to why he''s not getting any game time[/quote]Easy to forget McLean! Not sure about him replacing Maddison (possibly Tettey more like) but I suspect either way Webber and Farke see him as  a key part of the squad next season.