Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

If in six months time ( October) ......

One persons idea of improvement is different to another’s, if we’re hovering around the top six I would see that as improvement

If we are in the top 6 will those who have moaned, criticised and slated the new signings all of this season admit they were quick to judge?

The answer is no because as always itll be ''its only October''.

Fenway is right though, improvement is subjective but it wouldnt be that difficult to improve on our opening start to this season.

This is what worries me about our set up now ,

if in six months we see no improvement say bottom half

they will sack Farke then we trust Webber to find another manager and wait another 18 months to find out if he is the right Head coach

the board have put all their eggs in the Webber basket and that worries me he may well be part of the problem due to his blue print of style of play etc

It will be dependent on circumstances I guess.

If we''ve sold Maddison, not spent much on replacements and we''re struggling to create and score still I expect the ire of the fans may be turned on the folks above Farke/Webber.

Yah der Oktoberfest.......Hopefully also the first live gig by the 1st team Canary Oompah Band.....

Wonder if Raggett will then be proficient in playing the tuba, and has purchased lederhosen and braces and a Tyrolean hat (mit feder)......?

Or, will he still be a bench warmer?......

#"PAAARRRP!"#

If in 6 months, or 18 months for that matter, results have not greatly improved, I would still believe that 1. The Football Director/ head coach model is the right one. Thinking long term rather than desperate loans/ purchases to save the manager''s job.2. I would still believe that a sensible and sustainable financial model is the right approach rather than taking on external debt to finance a "sh*t or bust" push on promotion - most of which would go on the lottery of player wages.3. I would still believe that trying to develop our own players through the academy is the right approach and when buying, we should look at players young enough to have a resale value, rather than giving one last payday to "has-beens" like Naismith or "never really weres" like Ross McCormack, that so many on here were desperate for us to buy.4. However, if we continue to ship goals like we did at QPR, I would have concerns about the Coach. I can understand and have witnessed, that good play does not always produce the goals that it "deserves" but to continue to let in sloppy goals would undermine my faith in the coach.

Why an arbitrary time frame of another 6 months?

Why is it too early to judge Webber and Farke at the end of this season?

Webber has had a season and a bit, plus 3 transfer windows. There isn’t going to be a drastic change in another 6 months and one further transfer window.

So why wait until another season starts? And again, removing Webber doesn’t mean we have to ‘rip’ up the clubs current philosophy. Why do people think this? If the club wants to stick withholds investing in the academy and a director of football in place, they can do this without Webber.

It isn''t about style, tactics or plans. Its about the players. Its about the players we have being able to play well within the coach''s orders.

I cannot accept that we are playing OK at the moment or most of the season. The players we have, apart from the odd couple, cannot play to the coach''s orders at a tempo that will provide winning football.

I don''t wish to denigrate anyone''s opinion but come on, the football is at snail''s pace and any of the virtues that we do have such as Maddison''s ability, Murphy''s pace are negated by even bottom clubs being able to cover in enough numbers to thwart us.

Fulham played it at a pace that caught us napping in the end.

It is no good guessing that we may do better next season and any criticism of the staff will be unwarranted. I believe that unless we bring in some new personnel able to adapt to a different tempo, we will not progress

My concern with Farke is that he still seems to be learning on the job. Against qpr he picked a midfield of Murphy, Maddison, Wes. Vrancic and Reed and he was surprised we didn’t win many battles. We’ve only looked solid playing a 3 at the back but he’s gone back to playing 4. There’s no protection from our midfield and they seem to just stand and watch players run off them.

I’m not convinced and he needs a good start to next season otherwise I don’t think he’s the right man.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]It isn''t about style, tactics or plans. Its about the players. Its about the players we have being able to play well within the coach''s orders.

I cannot accept that we are playing OK at the moment or most of the season. The players we have, apart from the odd couple, cannot play to the coach''s orders at a tempo that will provide winning football.

I don''t wish to denigrate anyone''s opinion but come on, the football is at snail''s pace and any of the virtues that we do have such as Maddison''s ability, Murphy''s pace are negated by even bottom clubs being able to cover in enough numbers to thwart us.

Fulham played it at a pace that caught us napping in the end.

It is no good guessing that we may do better next season and any criticism of the staff will be unwarranted. I believe that unless we bring in some new personnel able to adapt to a different tempo, we will not progress[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. We just don''t move the ball quickly enough. You don''t have to lump the ball up the pitch as Fulham showed us. We are constantly reminded of Huddersfield but they played in the same way as Fulham. Both played far more enjoyable football than us and have been successful.

Would agree with both of you- the build up play is just too slow, often with players wanting three or four touches on the ball or playing three 10 yard passes when one 30 yard pass would be better.

Vrancic was one of the worst offenders for this early in the season but as time has gone on he''s got the grips with the tempo of the game and realises he doesn''t have the same time on the ball he might have had in Germany. We can only hope others catch up too.

I do believe that if we''d have had Pritchard fit for the first half of the campaign things could have been different. Him and Maddison both play with their heads up but always looking to drive forward as their first option and move the ball quickly. Those two combining within the 3-4-3 formation would have been a real handful.

We have to separate what happens off the pitch from what happens on the pitch.

Off the pitch we are heading in the right direction.

On the pitch we simply haven''t been good enough all season. I get what Farke is trying to do, but simply we are not any closer to where we want to be than when he took over. If it hasn''t changed by October its easy to see Farke being removed

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Why an arbitrary time frame of another 6 months?

Webber has had a season and a bit, plus 3 transfer windows. There isn’t going to be a drastic change in another 6 months and one further transfer window.

So why wait until another season starts? And again, removing Webber doesn’t mean we have to ‘rip’ up the clubs current philosophy. Why do people think this? If the club wants to stick withholds investing in the academy and a director of football in place, they can do this without Webber.[/quote]Yes, in the sense he has had two transfer windows.

Still  some games to learn from this season before we need to worry about the next. If form doesn''t pick up and we fail to win again and start next season just as badly, then I doubt Farke will be here in October.

If you don''t like it in six months time can I suggest you go support another team.... Leeds maybe...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Why an arbitrary time frame of another 6 months?

So why wait until another season starts? And again, removing Webber doesn’t mean we have to ‘rip’ up the clubs current philosophy. Why do people think this? If the club wants to stick withholds investing in the academy and a director of football in place, they can do this without Webber.[/quote]Yes, in the sense he has had two transfer windows.[/quote]

Correct, my error.

Still, two windows, and a scatter gun approach to both.

how do you know if a Director of football is a success or if it was the Head Coach ?

i understand if we have a run of 3/4 head coaches that get us up the league all playing the same style and keeping us in the PL etc then the D/F has proved he can recruit well

but how long does it take to judge a D/F ?

a Manager H/C is a lot easier to judge

[quote user="hogesar"]If we are in the top 6 will those who have moaned, criticised and slated the new signings all of this season admit they were quick to judge? [/quote]
Depends if those signings are part of the winning formula. If they''re all warming the bench, sold or loaned out then no, I will continue to stand by this season''s judgement.

I''d start again. If the league position isn''t better, or the performances haven''t improved to the point where we''re still in 14/15th but playing well and are just a couple,of quality players short of making it work, then why would you give him any more time? Had long enough now.

However, that applies only to the manager and style of play. I would largely agree with badgers post on the rest of the set up.

Vlad - whilst I agree we look far more solid with 3 at the back people have been saying that farke has no plan b and should be using these dead games to try different things. Here he is trying different combos and formations and (some of) the same people are calling him out for it.

Unfortunately this season is over, a few morale boasting wins would be nice but it is a chance to see what will or won''t work for next season, at the moment we''re seeing what won''t, hopefully we will see what will soon...