Sign in to follow this  
pete

How Poor must Raggett be?

I hope that the reason we are not playing Raggett is that he does not play the ball out of defence as someone suggested.

Duncan Forbes never did and he was a legend.

I Remember John Bond criticising Roger Brown for that on what was I believe was his first home game for the club and the best defensive display for Norwich seen in months.

He had replaced Phil Hoadley who had been playing out of position in central defence.

Hoadley never played the ball out of defence either but that was because he was out jumped and out muscled and hardly ever touched the ball. The first duty of a central defender is to clear the ball away from danger. We don''t know how well Raggett can do that yet. I would have thought that the last few matches where others were not fit would have been a good opportunity to find out.

“Duncan Forbes never did and he was a legend”

He certainly was.

Don’t ever remember Jens Berthel-Askou thinking he was Franz Beckenbauer or Bobby Moore either.

All that bending over to pick the ball out of the net at the moment!

I''d settle for a good old fashioned CB who knows how to defend. Who cares about playing it out of defense.

We need to learn how to defend and get that right before anything else. We''ve made so many basic defending errors, right throughout this season.

I thought someone like Raggett would be exactly what was needed. It would be utter madness if he doesn''t get game time these last few games, just to see how close/far off he is at this level

I''d like to give him a few games (preferably more) before I decide that he is either a good or a bad player[:^)]