Sign in to follow this  
pete

How Poor must Raggett be?

Sean Raggett a tall CB efficient at Lincoln must be absolutely awful and is nowhere near the first team how bad can he be not to be able to slot into a back 3. Playing 3 CB''s we have looked fairly effective with 2 CB''s recently we have been awful as bad as Millwall in August and shipping mucho goals. The other CB''s must be able to assist Sean in playing in this formation when one of our first choices is injured.

Could it be any worse I doubt it.

I can only assume his passing and distribution ability doesn''t match Farke''s requirement so he won''t figure when we play 3 CBs. When we play 2 CBs then he''s deemed not to be as good as Hanley, Klose or Zimmerman. I guess he''ll need to be patient. Or leave in the summer.

Another wasted signing then - may as well have let him go to someone who wanted to play him - why do we buy so many players yet never see them in a yellow shirt

It suggests Klose won''t be here next season and Farke will ditch 3 CBs unless he can coach Raggett into being better at playing out from the back.

Capt. Pants wrote the following post at 02/04/2018 7:12 PM:

It suggests Klose won''t be here next season and Farke will ditch 3 CBs unless he can coach Raggett into being better at playing out from the back.

If that’s the case it’s hard to see what the “big plan” that we are all supposed to buy in to really is.

I’d sort of assumed we would be adopting a style of play and would bring in the type of players we needed to deliver it.

[quote user="Van wink"]Capt. Pants wrote the following post at 02/04/2018 7:12 PM:

If that’s the case it’s hard to see what the “big plan” that we are all supposed to buy in to really is.

I’d sort of assumed we would be adopting a style of play and would bring in the type of players we needed to deliver it.[/quote]Totally agree. It seems a bit of a strange signing if Farke doesn''t rate him at the moment. Not saying Raggett isn''t any good as I haven''t seen him play, even on TV. Can''t see him being involved against Villa or Cardiff, perhaps he''ll get a run out against hapless Sunderland.

We are where we are and there''s obviously players in and around the team who won''t be here next season. Add to that the atmosphere of disappointed fans then a case could be made for not playing Raggett even if he is to be more involved next season. 

Quite simply that he will be judged by the results of this team in the circumstances that I posted.

Now about those boos Kingo?

Seems to me despite all the promises that things were going to change we have basically learned nothing and we are still p*ssing our money up the wall by buying players who are deemed not good enough, do not fit our style of play and are now surplus to requirements. If you don''t give players like Raggett a chance in the remaining games when there is nothing to play for then they''re unlikely to get a game next season.

Completely agree Making Plans, the season is over and these games should be used to blood the youngsters and give them a go. I''m sure Raggett couldn''t do any worse than what was on display today.

Playing out from the back is all well and good but sometimes in the championship you need someone who can win a header when the opposition are lumping it in. I''ve only seen the highlights today but there were five or six great chances for QPR (a couple of which led to goals) where we were easily beaten in the air.

I don''t know much about Raggett but even if all he can do is win headers and kick people, sometimes that''s what you need.

Apart from money reckon he must regret leaving Lincoln they have done well have a good manager and he was well liked .must doing his confidence the world of good not to have been on the pitch yet .

[quote user="Making Plans"]Seems to me despite all the promises that things were going to change we have basically learned nothing and we are still p*ssing our money up the wall by buying players who are deemed not good enough, do not fit our style of play and are now surplus to requirements. If you don''t give players like Raggett a chance in the remaining games when there is nothing to play for then they''re unlikely to get a game next season.[/quote]

Thats fine and you would think that is the way that we should approach the remaining matches but look what happens when we lose, as against QPR. Supporters are up in arms complaining about how bad we are,get rid of DF and SW and the board. Its all very well suggesting blooding other players but if you can''t accept the consequences whats the point.

[quote user="Grumpy"][quote user="Making Plans"]Seems to me despite all the promises that things were going to change we have basically learned nothing and we are still p*ssing our money up the wall by buying players who are deemed not good enough, do not fit our style of play and are now surplus to requirements. If you don''t give players like Raggett a chance in the remaining games when there is nothing to play for then they''re unlikely to get a game next season.[/quote]

Thats fine and you would think that is the way that we should approach the remaining matches but look what happens when we lose, as against QPR. Supporters are up in arms complaining about how bad we are,get rid of DF and SW and the board. Its all very well suggesting blooding other players but if you can''t accept the consequences whats the point.[/quote]
It''s pretty identical to the cries from fans, including our own this season, as soon as there''s nothing to play for... "BLOOD THE YOUNGSTERS THERES NOTHING RIDING ON IT".
Only, if we blood the youngsters, and we lose, we''ll give them pelters, destroy any confidence they had and run the head coach out of the city. It matters not if they''re one of our own, we''ve seen it with Josh - he get''s targeted MORE than most.

The way some of you are talking you''d think Raggett was a 19 year old straight out of the academy.

He''s a 24 year old with 200 appearances and 60 of those at football league level. If we reckon he''s too delicate to put into the team for fear of a negative reaction then football isn''t for him quite frankly.

[quote user="Aggy"]Playing out from the back is all well and good but sometimes in the championship you need someone who can win a header when the opposition are lumping it in. I''ve only seen the highlights today but there were five or six great chances for QPR (a couple of which led to goals) where we were easily beaten in the air.

I don''t know much about Raggett but even if all he can do is win headers and kick people, sometimes that''s what you need.[/quote]

I agree. Everything QPR did started or finished with them crossing the ball to Smith who is essentially a lower league lump of a player. Hanley coped with him for some of the time, some of the time he didn''t Zimm got beaten far too often and actually is not great in the air given his size. If ever there was a game for the 3 centre backs and/or that Raggett may well have been suited to then this was it.

What is the point in having him if you are not going to play him in meaningless end of season games like this. The fans would certainly be more sympathetic to a defeat if you are at least breaking in new players and it would actually be more indicative of Farke planning ahead for next season.

I would make the same point about Edwards., What the hell has been the point of this loan and will Spurs loan us players in the future when they can''t ever get on the pitch. We weer 3-1 down away from home with 25 minutes to go and still he can;t get on. Farke as actually about to bring him on when they scored the fourth then told him to sit down again. What is the point in having him?

I would rather they just gave Abrahams a go than use up a place on the bench for a loan player Farke isn''t going to play.

[quote user="king canary"]The way some of you are talking you''d think Raggett was a 19 year old straight out of the academy.

He''s a 24 year old with 200 appearances and 60 of those at football league level. If we reckon he''s too delicate to put into the team for fear of a negative reaction then football isn''t for him quite frankly.[/quote]
I was talking generally rather than specifically Raggett. I would presume he isn''t impressing in training.

Supposedly Farke wouldn''t have played Grant Holt too, as he was aledgedly poor in training too.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="king canary"]The way some of you are talking you''d think Raggett was a 19 year old straight out of the academy.

He''s a 24 year old with 200 appearances and 60 of those at football league level. If we reckon he''s too delicate to put into the team for fear of a negative reaction then football isn''t for him quite frankly.[/quote]
I was talking generally rather than specifically Raggett. I would presume he isn''t impressing in training.
[/quote]

What do they do in training?

Based on what I''ve seen on match days I would assume concede a lot of goals and struggle to score?

After footy training, instead of the first team and fringe players dispersing to golf courses, bookies, boozers, Maccy D''s or their plush abodes, they remain and actually rehearse playing music in a portakabin at Colney.

The 1st team have apparently formed a Bavarian Oompah Band, with encouragement from Farke & Webbo so as to instil a greater bond and unity within the squad ......

Unfortunately, Raggett has yet to acquire the necessary musical ability or has yet to purchase the required attire to be a musical member of the Canary ''Oompah'' at this moment in time......

So Farke & Webbo have stated that until Raggett learns the tuba, dons lederhosen & braces and sports a Tyrolean hat (mit feder).......Raggett will just be a regular bench warmer.....

FACT!........#"PAAARRRP!"#

I honestly can''t imagine what you''re like in real life Mello. You''re output on this forum is certainly...unique.

This is the sort of question Paddy / Bailey should be asking at the press conference; sorry presser

There basically never seems to be a point at our club to try different things. Especially when it comes to young players lacking experience. I''m tired of the constant excuses.

A) when we''re winning and cant risk changing a winning team.

B) when we''re losing and we need experience to halt/turn around the slide.

C) when you have nothing to left to play for. But worry the fans will turn on them with poor performance.

Now is the ideal time to blood young players regardless of fan reaction. To hell with picking the best players at this point, who knows one or two might suddenly advance giving us vital options for next season and if they don''t at least we''ll know they are not good enough yet.