Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Cardiff v Wolves

Anybody else watching this? Thought I''d have a look out of curiosity.

It''s utter garbage. Useless passing, no skill, ball hoofed up in the air, zero co-ordination.

Honestly, there''s about 10% of the footballing ability our players have. So what''s going on? I think it''s the fact we''re seen as physically weak, a soft touch. That''s why Tettey makes such a difference; also why we''re terrified of committing players forward, other teams believe their attackers can just bully us off the ball - & so do we.

When we played Cardiff I thought they were absolutely dire in the first half, we were streets ahead, just didn''t have the confidence to push more players forward & score. Second half they realised we had no real self belief & simply shrugged us aside.

God knows we''ve put in garbage performances, but for reasons of timidity & lack of understanding between new players plus learning to play in a new system (& often country). The ability has always been there.

Can we solve the confidence problem? Add some steel to our game? I don''t know, but I do know we''re capable of playing better football than either of these two.

Watching it too Ron and see where you''re coming from. We''re a better passing team, technically better passing etc but so week in the crucial aspects of the game, defending crosses and sticking the ball in the net.

We look better than these two but ultimately they are streets ahead

Both sides know how to get a game won. That''s what matters, not how you win, but that you win.

Wolves away is a great example, thought they''d done the job against us then suddenly crumbled when we actually started to test them.

Both will need solid investment to stand a chance in the Prem