Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Watford match predictions

how do you think we will do?

For me a 1-1 would be good enough. Watford are a very good side at the moment and if they had been playing us on saturday it would have been a lot different. I think they could beat us but its hard to predict how well we will play. Hopefully pearce will come in monday morning as i feel Fleming cannot organise and command the box aswel as Pearce hopefully could. (if he cant then dont get him, but from what i hear he can).

Anyway, im going for 1-1 (ashton 51)

I think we''ll be fortunate to get anything from the game, Watford are in VERY good form and the new manager has turned things around completely. If we play to our absolute best we can get the win, but I''m gonna have to say i''ll be pleased with a point. 1-1 also.

2-1 or 3-1 to Watford, I''m afraid. We''re still frail at the back (especially at set pieces) and, Safri apart, we''ve no drive or inventiveness in midfield. Also, our main threat when we play away (Hucks on the break) is missing. In contrast, Watford have a good back four (including the pairing of the quick Carlisle and organised Malky), quick and clever wingers, plus a striker in good form (King). The very best we can hope for is to somehow scrape a draw.   

Check out my sept predictions i think i got the first one right as for watford prob a 2-2 draw altough norwich are very unpredictable could be 2-1 city  we can hope right  still say they will pick up 13 pts in sept :

I think 1-1 sounds about right and would be a good point but I also have a feeling that City may surprise us all by winning 2-1 (Hughes & Ashton)

i think we will do well to get anything at all at watford on tues.watford are the form team(sheff u excepted) in this league at the moment.i cant think of a worse time to be playing them,especially away from home.malky will be out to prove a point and watfords pitch is huge,so fatigue will come into it. i really hope im wrong but 2-1 to them maybe 3.i would be chuffed with a point in reality.

Gonna stick my neck out and go for a 2-0 win - think that the win against Plymouth will have calmed the butterflies and the team will kick on another gear...

Same eleven to start?

[quote]As i said in my earlier posting we have to be looking at 7 points from the next 3 games. Watford Ipswich and Reading. I''d be more than happy with a point if we follow up with 6 from the other 2[/quote]

If we pick up 13 points from the next 5 games I will pronounce W a genius and run round CR naked

Watford are playing well at the moment, they have an excellent Manager, (where did he come from then :whistling, an excellent defence -led by Malky, an effective midfield and a reasonable defence. Ipswich will want to put one over us and Reading are one of the "form" teams right now. We should/must beat Hull and we should be able to get a point from Brighton. To me that looks more like 6 points rather than 13.

A draw wouldbe an excellent result;  Boothroyd has his team playing with confidence and as a team who each know exactly what their role is - very reminiscent of Sanchezes team last weds in fact. 

Watford are a group of players who we should be comfortably but have a manager who is able to get that group of players to perform better than their individual ability - something we have been missing.

OTBC

Watford are on fire right now. Our defence was still shambolic at times against Pymouth. Watford are one of those better teams that will punish us if we play like we did on Saturday.If the defence tightens up then we may get a draw or even nick it but otherwise I think it''ll be another defeat.

looking at the form book i can''t really see us winning at watford, they are everything we are not at the moment, an in form team, well organised and playing as a unit.  No, they probably don''t have a team as good as us on paper, but trouble is we don''t get points for that.  We get points for what we produce on the pitch, and at the moment watford are streets ahead

having said that, there is always a turning point, but somehow i think that might happen on sunday

so at best we might get a draw, 1-1 but my head says watford will win a comfortable 2-0 with greeno being v busy all night

will be going to this one, watford always a great away fixture, so hopefully i will be wrong with this prediction

I would be happy with a draw, very happy with a clean sheet, but fear we will concede at least one. If Ashton continues to look sharper and converts his chances (which we will create), we will be in with a chance... and its time someone else weighed in with a goal. I predict 2-1 to Watford, but wouldn''t put money on it!

It will be a very good measure to see if we really have improved as a team.

High scoring game I think. I''ve gone for 2-2 on the Pink Un prediction league. Can''t see us keeping a clean sheet, but we know we can score goals. Lets face it, if Plymouth had been slightly better they would have scored a couple against us.

Could go 3-2 to either team though. As Gazza said earlier we''re going and I''m looking forward to it.

[quote]how do you think we will do? For me a 1-1 would be good enough. Watford are a very good side at the moment and if they had been playing us on saturday it would have been a lot different. I think they...[/quote]

You''re having a laugh - right now I''d settle for keeping the damage to two nil

It''s so bad I''m off here to watch the footy on the telly

Bye bye