Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

The pathetic bunch that decided to boo in the first half...

[quote user="hogesar"]Those that decided to boo were pathetic Mike. Did that include you?[/quote]

No it''s your opinion they are pathetic they would probably think your view is pathetic. I think posts like this are pathetic. And no I did not boo as I was not in the ground. Have a lovely night...

[quote user="hogesar"]Don''t renew your tickets please. You didn''t deserve what followed.[/quote]

We need everyone we can get. Looked an awful lot of empty seats today. I’ve not seen it like that for a very long time. Despite an overdue positive result, I think that speaks volumes and illustrates perefecly the direction of where the club is currently heading under Webber and co.

Maybe. To be fair I can’t even remember if it was Tettey. But when I heard groans it was because we had the ball on the halfway line, but absolutely zero movement so the only pass on was 40yards backwards to Gunn

Im not surprised you weren''t at the game Mike. If anything it helps explain why you have your somewhat limited viewpoint.

I maintain, those that started to boo 25 minutes into a game against a team in the top 6 with far more money than us, are either brain dead and therefore I''d agree it''s hard to lay blame, or they''re not brain dead but simply so out of touch with reality and actually supporting a football club they shouldn''t bother coming along.

Also Lincoln, we don''t need everyone we can get. That may apply to Ipswich (who are very route one in terms of football style so there''s an option for some of you), maybe even Ipswich. But we have just had 20k season tickets renewed. How many in this league have more? 4?

“Maybe. To be fair I can’t even remember if it was Tettey. But when I heard groans it was because we had the ball on the halfway line, but absolutely zero movement so the only pass on was 40yards backwards to Gunn”

I was watching on a stream , this was the moment that was booed, the commentator also mentioned it

The incident I''m talking about we had been attacking and Tettye passed back to Gunn after chasing back for the ball. The boos came from the river end. Perhaps the stream froze? Back in March 1963 they actually played football on the Wensum..

To be fair, if this season has taught us anything, it''s that on our day the current squad can match any team in the division.

It''s also told us that we don''t seem to have the squad depth and/or experience to do this for any more than 25% of matches. However, if we can become a little more clinical and use the Maddison money to add 3/4 good players I think our possession based football will see us start to control matches on a more regular basis.

I do understand why people boo when they see us go backwards to keep the ball given that our home record has been one of the worst I can remember this season - but as others have said, they would also boo if we punted the ball forward and it was turned over continually. Booing today was really quite silly given the relative finances, squads, and league positions of the teams.

To put it in a little perspective, Villa have scored a lot of goals this season, play John Terry at CB, and were able to bring two proven high-scoring Championship strikers off the bench - we''ve been barely able to field one half-decent striker all season. Yet we were the only team that looked dangerous throughout, and this was without Maddison having his most influential game. Next season is certainly going to be interesting.

I do love these fans who, ignoring past players unanimous comments on the issue, delusionally still think their booing helps lift and inspire the players during a game 😂

Why can’t you just enjoy the win, hog, instead of this petty tirade? You’re always whinging that Norwich fans will find a negative out of anything, which is precisely what you’ve done. Just enjoying the f ucking win and your evening 👍🏼

I''m loving the win Hoola. Doesn''t mean I can''t bring up an aspect of the game I thought was poor. In this case a section of fans.

Somewhat more relevant when I get a fair amount of stick on here for defending players / the team in general.

Has this been exaggerated a bit ?

@BobRutler

8h hours ago

People making a big thing about ‘booing’ but it was literally a couple of times for a couple of back passes. Nothing major. Fans have been good today.

The villa bench cost more than our side. We matched them all the way in the first half capped by that great goal. In the second half we could have scored half a dozen. We have had bad days at the office this season today was a very good one

Thanks Diane.

I rest my case. Rob Butler heard it a couple of times and he probably had headphones on. For those that didn''t hear the boos I understand the club shop is going to start selling ear trumpets...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Thanks Diane.

I rest my case. Rob Butler heard it a couple of times and he probably had headphones on. For those that didn''t hear the boos I understand the club shop is going to start selling ear trumpets...[/quote]You can play a trumpet from your ear ?I do wonder if modern medical procedure has not gone too far when I read about such stuff

Great result and decent performance especially second half. Surprised to see this negative post after such a good day, but that''s typical of the happy clappers spoiling for an argument.

I was surprised to hear Tetey booed tbh captain. With his record this season that can only be the nappy crappers soiling for a fight too....

Much rather be a happy clapper than someone who turns on the team after 25 minutes in a 0-0 against a team chasing promotion

Meh.

I wasn''t there but radio commentary seemed to suggest it was frustration at seeing us play the ball back to our keeper on repeat. It''s been a shit season watching boring football so I don''t think fans showing their frustration with said boring tactics is such a terrible thing. Clearly didn''t knock the players.

[quote user="king canary"]Meh.

I wasn''t there but radio commentary seemed to suggest it was frustration at seeing us play the ball back to our keeper on repeat. It''s been a shit season watching boring football so I don''t think fans showing their frustration with said boring tactics is such a terrible thing. Clearly didn''t knock the players.[/quote]The context of the booing appeared to me to be down to the lack of movement from the entire team, not any particular player. I don''t like to hear boos, but it seemed to have a positive impact as from then on it was probably one of our best attacking performances of the season.

The boos didn''t have a positive effect. Ask any ex or current player.

I spoke to McVeigh after the game, he couldn''t believe it either.

I''ll never understand why a bit of booing gets some people so riled up. Fans are allowed to express their dissatisfaction with the football on display.

They dont have a positive effect, but I’m not sure they have much of a negative affect either. If it was that bad & affected the results surely the wins v Villa, Millwall and Sheff Weds wouldn’t have happened?

Quite frankly this is being blown out of proportion.