Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

The pathetic bunch that decided to boo in the first half...

"So there was booing, and it spawned a positive reaction from the players." 
Would be  one way of looking at it.
Do not insult these people. They''ve paid the same money you have, they have the same right to voice their opinions as everyone else.

Thought it was a little unwarranted, but fair play to the players they lifted their game and ended up playing probably one of our (if not the) best performances this season

Why are you so quick to criticise others? It hasn’t exactly been the most inspiring of seasons, has it? At that stage the match appeared to be following the same format that we’ve seen over and over again so can you really be surprised that at this stage of the season some people decided to give vent to their frustration? Yes, the second half was much better, but uncharacteristically so. Let’s hope it’s a sign of brighter things to come but please don’t use the benefit of hindsight to castigate your fellow supporters in such a superior and judgmental manner.

Booing will never spawn a positive result. OK you''ve paid your money, but so has the fan sitting next to you who does not want his team demotivated.

It''s the difference between spectating and supporting.

I don''t know what Wundaboy was watching but Hoggy''s spot on. We were at it from the off today and played really well. And it was Tetty who was booed and he really didn''t warrant it. I hope the boo boys never return.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]"So there was booing, and it spawned a positive reaction from the players." 
Would be  one way of looking at it.
Do not insult these people. They''ve paid the same money you have, they have the same right to voice their opinions as everyone else.
[/quote]If they are valid opinions. I didn''t see the match but I followed it on the pink ''un minute by minute, the BBC ditto and the Birmingham Mail ditto and the consensus was we played well pretty much all through the first half, albeit without scoring until very late. It sounds like the booing was quite unjustified. While I am on, two comments from a Villa fans'' forum on today:

Not surprisingly, villa fail to play any decent football in 90 mins. If

we can''t out play teams in the bottom half of the championship what

chance do we have in the playoffs. Steve Bruce and his incompetence will

usher our club into lower league obscurity! We don''t look capable of

getting out of the championship, we''ve hand picked/stole some of the

best players and massively outspent everyone else............what chance

will the next manager have when we have to sell our better players and

replace with players no other team  wants to give a contract.  Bruce

out! That

was like watching a training game, so little urgency was there from

AVFC today. The play was too often square and backwards, which just

invited the opposition to press, which they did.

I''ll happily criticise others if I think their actions were detrimental to the team I support and I was happy to do so in person too, a couple of which admitted at the end they''d been a bit hasty and silly.

People are free to boo if they want but don''t expect anything good to come of it. Football thickos frankly as a Tetty back pass purely kept possession rather than spunk it.

Some people don’t appear to want possession, they want the ball lumped up route one style, then they complain that we’ve lost the ball, can’t win

I think someone who describes fellow City fans as a "pathetic bunch" should stay away from Carrow Road... But hey ho

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Some people don’t appear to want possession, they want the ball lumped up route one style, then they complain that we’ve lost the ball, can’t win[/quote]

The Arsenal invincibles side were one of the most direct teams I ever saw but massively entertaining. Possession does not win you games, sticking the ball in the net does

“The Arsenal invincibles side were one of the most direct teams I ever saw but massively entertaining. Possession does not win you games, sticking the ball in the net does”

So how does booing and whinging contribute to winning matches ?

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Some people don’t appear to want possession, they want the ball lumped up route one style, then they complain that we’ve lost the ball, can’t win[/quote]

Very much this. There was one occasion in the first half a long kick upfield was met by applause and then anger as we lost it, whereas retaining possession elicited the biggest groan in the game. Weirdos

Was that when we were stood on the halfway line for about 10seconds, with absolutely zero movement from anyone, meaning the only pass on was a 40yard back pass to Gunn?

No. Did you see Tetty still for 10 seconds?

It was why I reacted. Have you seen Tetty ever do anything deserving of a boo Rogue? We''d like him to stay, wouldn''t we?

Several things.

It probably wasn’t 10 seconds. It may have been less, but the point was the same. He was stood with the ball at his feet whilst the rest of the team stood still.

The boos probably weren’t because the ball went backwards, but because there no was movement from anybody else.

Have I ever seen him do anything deserving of a boo? Well I have seen him do some really poor things (Sheff Utd 2nd goal?)

As for Tettey staying I don’t see how that’s relevant? There are arguments for and against, today doesn’t change that

Agree with the OP - I really hope that some of "the lump it forwards at all times" boo boys do give up their season tickets, we would be far better off without them - if they are entitled to their opinion, I am entitled to mine.[:-*]

[quote user="hogesar"]Those that decided to boo were pathetic Mike. Did that include you?[/quote]

No it''s your opinion they are pathetic they would probably think your view is pathetic. I think posts like this are pathetic. And no I did not boo as I was not in the ground. Have a lovely night...