Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Versus Sunderland.

By the time next season starts, Thompson would have been out for almost 2 years. It’s a big mountain to climb to get to the level we would need - surely you would play within yourself for fear of the injury reoccurring

after all this time trying out new things he should know by now stick to what works

i have a feeling it is going to be the same next season we need settled side settled tactics gel a team we have not done it so far so how is it just going to click into place

No Lincoln, your attack is baseless.

What did Farke stand to lose from trialing different formations and personnel at the end of the season, in a match where the opposition would be gunning for it? Surely he needs to see what players have learnt over the course of 40+ games and hundreds of training sessions.

I think your comments show your naivety with regards to football management to be honest mate.

Agree NN, if I remember he was outstanding v Leeds but was injured immediately after.

It’s a long road, and I hope he makes it, although I think it may be on loan for him next season

well the whole point of the new system is with a DOF / head coach is everything from training to first team is the same so tactics style of play should be installed in these players by now

changes should be easier as every player should know his job in the ststem thats not how we are looking even after all this time

i really can not see how Farke is going to change his style for us to out score teams regularly next season

we need a 15 + goals from a couple of strikers to be successful can anyone see that from a farke team

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]If they win, Sunderland will become the first team to double us this season. You couldn''t make it up, no wonder some of the idiocracy on here really think we''ll be challenging for promotion next season.[/quote]
So would we have more chance of challenging for promotion if teams had doubled us? We still have a chance then with Cardiff and Leeds to play. However we ourselves have doubled Reading and Middlesbrough and could still double Wednesday. Do they count against us? [:^)]

Much will depend on the comings and goings this summer. If Maddison goes his creativity will be very difficult to replace and we don''t have the money that even average strikers will cost so why should we be optimistic that we shall score the requisite number of goals to challenge?

One point from six against Sunderland is very poor and the idea of a promotion push will require more than canary coloured glasses being worn. Still the owners are open to investment. Let''s hope a non Johnny Foreigner comes along to pump loads of dosh into the club without wanting any say in its running.

Crafty wrote If Maddison goes???

Would you hang around this club in its present state

We are going nowhere

Can see Gunn Lewis and Murphy heading for the door as well

Still we are so lucky to have Russ and Naismith returning from The Trossachs

[quote user="Ian"]No Lincoln, your attack is baseless.

What did Farke stand to lose from trialing different formations and personnel at the end of the season, in a match where the opposition would be gunning for it? Surely he needs to see what players have learnt over the course of 40+ games and hundreds of training sessions.

I think your comments show your naivety with regards to football management to be honest mate.[/quote]

What are you going on about? Are suggesting he’s only been trailing different formations and personal recently?

It’s clear to pretty much everyone that he’s been doing this for most of the season. He’s never settled on a preferred system or first 11. And as a few have alluded to, it’ll be no surprise to see him continue in this vein next season.

[quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"]He’s never settled on a preferred system or first 11[/quote]

And would you expect him to?  Have you not been following the changes and the ideology behind the way things are going to be?  Have you not listened to any of Farke''s interviews?  There isn''t going to be a preferred system, there isn''t going to be a preferred first eleven every match. Farke has said all along that the squad has to be flexible enough and intelligent enough to switch systems, sometimes within a game, not just week to week and that all players will be needed and used - as long as they are up to the job he wants them to do. That results/performances haven''t yet lived up to what we all want is more down to the players he inherited and him trying to adapt them, rather than getting in players that will understand what is required straight away.  The extra training, the intelligence to be able to take on new ideas, the extra training - all the players have to be up for that. That is precisely why it has been said it will take three or four transfer windows before we see the best results. It is a work in progress.  It''s not hard to understand......

the players we have here some internationals and some brought in this season if they can not adapt to his style how will cheaper / lesser players from lower leagues be able to do it quicker

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"]He’s never settled on a preferred system or first 11[/quote]

And would you expect him to?  Have you not been following the changes and the ideology behind the way things are going to be?  Have you not listened to any of Farke''s interviews?  There isn''t going to be a preferred system, there isn''t going to be a preferred first eleven every match. Farke has said all along that the squad has to be flexible enough and intelligent enough to switch systems, sometimes within a game, not just week to week and that all players will be needed and used - as long as they are up to the job he wants them to do. That results/performances haven''t yet lived up to what we all want is more down to the players he inherited and him trying to adapt them, rather than getting in players that will understand what is required straight away.  The extra training, the intelligence to be able to take on new ideas, the extra training - all the players have to be up for that. That is precisely why it has been said it will take three or four transfer windows before we see the best results. It is a work in progress.  It''s not hard to understand......

[/quote]

Jesus LDC, your the gift that keeps on giving!

What a load of utter nonsense. Following the changes? I’ve been trying to, but I don’t think anyone follows the changes as proven by the reaction to last nights team selection.

Ideology? I don’t care about ideology. If it’s not effective and not getting the results then who else cares? Unless the idea is mid table championship footballer.

I don’t think the phrase ‘away with the fairies’ is enough of a description for your hallucinating perception of reality.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]He’s never settled on a preferred system or first 11[/quote]

[/quote]

Jesus LDC, your the gift that keeps on giving!

What a load of utter nonsense. Following the changes? I’ve been trying to, but I don’t think anyone follows the changes as proven by the reaction to last nights team selection.

Ideology? I don’t care about ideology. If it’s not effective and not getting the results then who else cares? Unless the idea is mid table championship footballer.

I don’t think the phrase ‘away with the fairies’ is enough of a description for your hallucinating perception of reality.[/quote]

I''d take my brand of being "away with the fairies" over your inept negativism any day.  You don''t care about ideology? Well that isn''t a surprise, you''ve shown no understanding or empathy of what is being attempted, all season.   It really isn''t hard to understand, but then I wouldn''t expect you to.