Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Rumour mill: Crystal Palace and Leicester keeping tabs on Norwich City’s Josh Murphy

Don''t think it would be a particularly great move for him - another season in the Championship would be much better for his development

But according to half the fan''s in the lower barclay he''s garbage and would struggle in League One.

Something doesnt add up here..

"Leicester will have mega money when they sell Mahrez this summer so they could easily afford to pay 15m for Murphy."

And I thought I was stretching it a lot when I suggested £10m.

Needs to up his game massively if he''s to make it in the Prem, he''s struggled to excel in the champ this year.

Clearly has the talent, and when he''s on form he can win a game for you. Teams will be aware of that and tracking him, however, if he does go this summer I doubt it''d be to play first team football and he''ll hopefully be sensible to know that.

Definitely won''t be commanding a massive fee as high as his brothers in his current form.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]If I were Murphy I’d be staying at Norwich.[/quote]If you were Murphy I''d boo for the whole ninety minutes. [:)]

If £10m is offered then I think we should take it - would be a good price considering we only got £12m for Pritchard who was head and shoulders above Murphy in terms of quality and consistency.

Murphy goes missing far too often and has one decent game which he tries to live off for the next 6 games.

On his day he''s good - but there aren''t enough of those days in a season.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Not consistent enough for a Prem team.[/quote]Exactly my toughs. Probably an agent (or Mr Webber) trying to stir up some interest..

I had heard he was on 27k-28k a week, and given our wage bill is at £32 million, seems highly likely.

Wouldn''t surprise me if we wanted to move him on.

[quote user="hampton canary"]Leicester will have mega money when they sell Mahrez this summer so they could easily afford to pay 15m for Murphy.[/quote]which is where this ''rumour'' * came from

* and as with so much else, is no more than some guff put up by some media intern

[quote user="CANARYKING"]I doubt if he is on half that, fifteen thousand tops[/quote]Our average salary last year was £28k per week. At the AGM it was stated that the 12 players we let go or sold in the summer (which included Andreu, Whittaker and his brother Jacob) were on an average of nearly £25k.

Josh isn''t better than Gray and he''s only getting bit part football at the moment isn''t he?

Be careful what you wish for. Players like Murphy are quite rare and we''ll never find a similar replacement with our meagre funds. Hernandez for all his huff and puff has arguably a worse final ball than Josh and already injured.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]Be careful what you wish for. Players like Murphy are quite rare and we''ll never find a similar replacement with our meagre funds. Hernandez for all his huff and puff has arguably a worse final ball than Josh and already injured.[/quote]

I usually agree with this sentiment, but I believe there’s is better out there in this case. And by better I mean all round game, and consistency.

Ben Marshall for example, quality loan signing for Millwall which has coincided with there fantastic run. He’d have been a great signing for us.