Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

McCarthy gone

[quote user="ricardo"]Left on a high.[/quote]with a packed poorman road to see him on his way

well, packed by their standards

They could be next season''s Burton Albion.

From Stuart Watson’s (Ipswich’s Paddy Davitt...) Twitter...

‘BREAKING: Mick McCarthy has quit #itfc

- Speaks for 3mins about game then says on reaction to Cotter sub:

''That was disgraceful reaction but listen I won''t have to listen to it again because that''s my last game, I''m out of here''.

Bangs desk with hands and marches out press room’

I need to see that video!

[quote user="Ian"]They could be next season''s Burton Albion.[/quote]you think their crowds will be that high ?

On balance they are likely to be strugglers next season and even threaten the relegation spots.

The whole business has been messy and badly handled. There was a lot of discord at the club, caused mainly by McCarthy''s dire football and his apparent disregard for the fans.

Keeping him on after he had got his cards has made things worse to the extent that the support is now divided and some of the leading players, such as there are, including the''keeper are now seemingly discontent with their continued existence at the club. They are also relatively poorly paid and rated McCarthy.

Never has the need for change been so apparent at a football club.

The only problem for us to ponder is that it will always be possible for them to unearth a Lambert-like messiah from the mess, and we know what happened when we did that.

Evans''s continued frugality and apparent indifference is a major minus for the future prospects of that club though, no matter who they appoint.

Cowley is a great fit for Lincoln atm - but seriously did you watch the Lincoln VS Shrewsbury match? It was all long hoof ball!

I said, when it was first announced that he was going, that I felt it better he go now, as opposed to run the season out. After all the negativity from the fans, they were hardly going to have a party at every game, if the guy they have been moaning about, and watching the same tactics they had been frothing at the mouth about, was still in the dugout.

Really strange to think that they thought carrying on with him, was going to be ok.

Perhaps their Board have been waiting, on prospective manager''s teams, to see how their respective season finishes, before making their move.

If so, that is just a reflection of how their Board just trundles on, with such a lack of pro-activeness.

Carry on Binners!

Cowley plays simple long ball tactics to a big striker.

Which to be fair, would probably suit Ipswich.

Cowley plays simple long ball tactics to a big striker.

Which to be fair, would probably suit Ipswich.

This is what they’re dreading, Mick part 2 😀

"Style of Play" is a much discussed issue, but in truth its all about results. Those of us that remember the blood and thunder of Wimbledon , still one of the best examples of "direct passing" I''ve seen , watched them win the FA Cup . In those days would you have taken us winning the Cup like that? I certainly would.

The Binners flocked to Portaloo to watch them boot the ball up to Murphy . Once they sold him to Newcastle , and they lost a good exponent of that method, suddenly the "Style" became the issue. Rubbish . it was the results that became the issue.

If the boys from Lincoln belt it up to the big lad , and it works, they will be back there in the droves. They might even get 18,000 again.

Results are ultimatley what will decide a managers fate but style decides the length of rope you have.

Neil got more patience than Hughton because we played exciting football and scored goals. You might not always enjoy the results but the games weren''t boring. Under Hughton watching us was a chore.

I believe if McCarthy played a less boring brand of football then he might have been seen more favorably by the binners that he was in the end.

[quote user="GPs Beard"]

The Binners flocked to Portaloo to watch them boot the ball up to Murphy . Once they sold him to Newcastle , and they lost a good exponent of that method, suddenly the "Style" became the issue. Rubbish . it was the results that became the issue.

If the boys from Lincoln belt it up to the big lad , and it works, they will be back there in the droves. They might even get 18,000 again.[/quote]

Results are always the issue. Watching pretty football without the results is like watching synchronised swimming without the water. A pointless exercise.

Some might say that watching synchronised swimming with the water is also a pointless exercise.

So on to the Commonwealth Games then.

I learnt the other day that, unique to such events, the Commonwealth Games''s itinerary is selected solely by the host nation.

True or not there has apparently been some controversy over the selection of the swimming events.

Have we a regatta to come? We are strong in that.

Wot no horses!

Another Aussie stitch up?

[quote user="hogesar"]Cowley plays simple long ball tactics to a big striker.

Which to be fair, would probably suit Ipswich.[/quote]

Simple long ball tactics, you clearly don’t have a clue about Cowleys tactics!

Aside from tactics, Cowley and his brother are fantastic man mangers who get 110% out of every player. They’ve been a revelation at Lincoln and completely transformed the club. Their both extremely loyal and likeable.

Whether they can transfer their talents to a bigger club with higher expectations is unknown. But they certainly have the ingredients to.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]From Stuart Watson’s (Ipswich’s Paddy Davitt...) Twitter...

‘BREAKING: Mick McCarthy has quit #itfc

- Speaks for 3mins about game then says on reaction to Cotter sub:

''That was disgraceful reaction but listen I won''t have to listen to it again because that''s my last game, I''m out of here''.

Bangs desk with hands and marches out press room’

I need to see that video![/quote]

you will have to make do with hearing it https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/427840/audio-mccarthys-press-conference-exit/#17

I''d argue you don''t know Lincoln. Turns out being in Lincoln isn''t a substitute for intelligence, who knew!

He played long ball at Concord and Braintree too; not just based on Lincoln.

I don''t know about their man management but yes, I would presume that would be a positive in their favour.

if we were in the top 6 play offs by playing long ball i would not complain ,

depends what people mean by long ball if just punted up field or long direct passing ( a good skill ) to a target man who uses his skill to bring it down and score or set up others all takes skill in fact more skill than we use passing 5 yards to each other

[quote user="norfolkngood"]if we were in the top 6 play offs by playing long ball i would not complain ,

depends what people mean by long ball if just punted up field or long direct passing ( a good skill ) to a target man who uses his skill to bring it down and score or set up others all takes skill in fact more skill than we use passing 5 yards to each other[/quote]

Exactly this. My point is his tactics are far more than just ‘simple’ long ball, as the uneducated put it.

would you not agree it is harder to play a 30 yard pinpoint ball onto someones head / chest than a 5 / 10 yard ball across the back ?