Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Anyone watching DIY SOS tonight?

Oliver getting a lot of stick on Twitter for those decisions but I’d say he called the whole situation right. There is contact in the back and refs shouldn’t be expected to accept that level of intimidation

Agreed JF, Oliver didn''t get a lot wrong, especially at the end.

Mind you, after the dubious goals panel have awarded Harry Kane that goal vs Stoke, I am surprised Kane didn''t try to claim Ronaldo''s penalty, as his own.

It does look like a soft penalty, but then again I don''t like Madrid, so a wee bit biased.

It''s a soft pen, but it is a pen for me. Defender from behind wildly swings a boot at it and misses. Let''s be fair, Lucas would have scored if he wasn''t tackled. Harsh for it to end that way, but correct

If that was a penalty, then football has completely lost it''s way. Games should not be decided on such things. Defender going for the ball and got it. Attacker made the most of it. May be how it is now, but shouldn''t be.

Buffon’s comment about Mr Oliver having a bin as a heart seemed pretty on point. Sure Grant Holt agreed with that comment.

Having awarded that penalty I am surprised that he didn''t send the player off who committed the foul because he had already been booked earlier even though technically he is not obliged to give a card for the offence.

Dicky, I''m not sure what game you were watching but to be out looked like Benatia got none of the ball. Wild and desperate challenge which stopped a clear goalscoring opportunity. Penalty all day long.

[quote user="AJ"]It''s a soft pen, but it is a pen for me. Defender from behind wildly swings a boot at it and misses. Let''s be fair, Lucas would have scored if he wasn''t tackled. Harsh for it to end that way, but correct[/quote]The way I saw it was the attacker was stooping to head in an easy chance before he was nudged off balance from the side and behind by the defender, so a clear penalty.

Referee got it all correct.

There is an absurd narrative coming from Juve that it somehow shouldn''t have been given because of how late in the game it was and how games this big shouldn''t be decided by that. Complete nonsense.

Agreed, Buffon''s comments were from the heart of course, but saying the ref had a heart of a garbage bin is rather unprofessional.

He was just doing his job after all, and in my view, a correct job too.

The referee was brave and absolutely right to give the penalty and the red card.  Nothing but respect and admiration for the guy, and should be going to the World Cup IMO.