Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Ref on Saturday..

"He was literally 4 yards away from Murphy being pulled from pillar to post and looking directly at it. He saw it, just chose not to give a free kick. He then gave Cardiff a free kick 5 seconds later for a "foul" where the Cardiff player got blown down by the wind."

It was outrageous.

He was having a good laugh and a chat with one of the Cardiff trainers during the warm up, not really a great idea if you want to appear impartial.

Completely incompetent. Clearly scared of Colin.

Based on consistency I believe he has now taken over Hoopers crown of worst referee we can get.

One other thing, and it''s not only the clown from Saturday...

When you allow play on (an advantage) when a foul has been committed, make sure there is an actual advantage to be had. ONE OF YOUR PLAYERS KEEPING THE BALL DOES NOT ALWAYS EQUATE TO HAVING AN ADVANTAGE. Saturday there was a foul on one of our players, the ref indicated he had played an advantage the ball got played out wide to our guy who was faced with four defenders. My question is, where is the advantage in that? And that is something we see on a regular basis. The Ref has a few seconds to see if an advantage occurs, but so few bring play back when it doesn''t.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Great news, the ref for the Cardiff game is Tim Robinson - I believe he''s that total plank who reffed the Hull away game.[/quote]

I find the presence of people like Hooper, and no Robinson deeply depressing. When you watch them you know they are trying to ref to a formula. Why book a player for time wasting in the 89th minute when they are time wasting , when they started in the first minute? Why give a free kick on the half way line that you don''t give in the box (unless you are trying to level it up as Robinson did against Hull. And why do the same refs keep getting the TV games ? Why do we as Fans see and acknowledge this , when the Odious Mike Riley wont?

You have to question why a ref has 6 years on the Championship . but never gets to the Prem? They keep trying with Hooper but even the Refs Association seem to have given up with him.

there is something seriously wrong with our refereeing system - resulting in zero representation this year at the World Cup. If the best you can get these days is Michael Oliver you may as well give up.

Totally hit the nail on the head GPB.

The ''old boys network'' is alive and well, Michael Olivers dad was a ref. In his early days Michael was appallingly bad, and although he has improved he still isn''t great. I think a fresh look is required as to how refs are trained, educated, made more consistent. Call it what you will. The one thing I do know is the fact that football fans are being cheated by officials who are not up to standard and not doing their job properly.

Do you think if Tim Robinson could sit and watch the whole game again, he would think he''d had a good game?