Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Ref on Saturday..

kick it off wrote the following post at 13/04/2018 3:04 PM:

Fantastic. The worst ref I''ve seen for a while. Beyond f**king useless.

Which game did F**king Useless ref?

[quote user="Van wink"]kick it off wrote the following post at 13/04/2018 3:04 PM:

Fantastic. The worst ref I''ve seen for a while. Beyond f**king useless.

Which game did F**king Useless ref?[/quote]
About 60% of the season [:D]

I wondered when the weekly thread trashing whoever the ref is in our next game would start. [;)][:D]

Hooper is the worst. His record speaks for itself .

Two games on the prem. Dropped like a stone after each one.

https://www.premierleague.com/referees/17018/Simon-Hooper/overview

first in September 2011.

second in August 2015

third ?

Sorry - the penalty at Hull was pathetic and the cowards way of caving to the half time Hull protests.

It was petty and vindictive - he’s not strong enough to referee at this level. Warnock will be in his face at half time and Cardiff will get everything after the break.

The lack of consistency amongst our refs is there for all to see. The fact there are none of our Premier League refs at the world cup finals just shows how our officials are seen - (Although I think it is probably political). The refs in the Championship are in the main poor. Their inability to act on time wasting, pretending to be injured and cheating in general (taking throw ins from the wrong place, moving free kicks to give you an advantage) is from my point of view cheating fans of watching a decent game.

Until those who run the game realise some of the refs just shouldn''t be in the middle nothing will change.

As a crowd we need to be in his face screaming for a penalty every time one of our players is touched in the penalty area

I agree Wazz.The trouble is that while it is easy for the ref to penalise the throw ins,free kicks and time wasting tactics, the real killer for me is the playacting for fouls and injuries. The trouble is the first time a player is carded for playacting but is actually badly injured there will be all hell let lose on the ref. It is the one thing in football that really winds me up more than anything else

That is apart from the awful PA system at Carrow Road.

He''s started with his bizarre sh** already. I would put decent money on him completely losing control by the second half like he did at hull.

15mins in... He''s given a ridiculous one against vrancic, missed Maddison being smashed in the back and missed Murphy being smashed by a block when chasing the through ball... He really is abysmal.

Same as Hull. Letting them kick us, no bookings - the loss of control starting already.

I''m not one to criticise every ref, but I was at hull - this guy is a whole new level.

Im only listening but the guy is a complete joke, the ironic LOUD cheers when he finally booked someone say it all

Look at me! Look at me! LOOK AT ME!

Taking incompetence to a new level. Although the linesman doing his best to outshine him - tried giving Cardiff a throw when it was clearly a Norwich throw. Then laughed as he claimed he didn’t see it. It was about 3 yards in front of him...

Took 28mins for the first chants of ''you don''t know what you''re doing''. Can''t recall a crowd turning on a ref so early without having a major decision like a penalty etc.

Clearly saw Murphy being dragged down and ignored it and then gave them a nothing free kick 5 seconds later. The foul on Jamal Lewis was studs up from behind - probably would''ve been a harsh red (although some refs would have sent him off for it) but to not even give a yellow is beyond belief. The keeper and defender push Maddison over off the ball and he gives Cardiff the free kick? What even goes on in his brain? He''s just a totally inept b3ll3nd.

The guy should be embarrassed to collect his salary.

[quote user="kick it off"]Took 28mins for the first chants of ''you don''t know what you''re doing''. Can''t recall a crowd turning on a ref so early without having a major decision like a penalty etc.

Clearly saw Murphy being dragged down and ignored it and then gave them a nothing free kick 5 seconds later. The foul on Jamal Lewis was studs up from behind - probably would''ve been a harsh red (although some refs would have sent him off for it) but to not even give a yellow is beyond belief. The keeper and defender push Maddison over off the ball and he gives Cardiff the free kick? What even goes on in his brain? He''s just a totally inept b3ll3nd.

The guy should be embarrassed to collect his salary.[/quote]

Maddison was pushed over right in front of me. The ref gave them a free kick to avoid having to give us a penalty

Yesterday, TIL 1010 wrote:

"I wondered when the weekly thread trashing whoever the ref is in our next game would start."

Well you got your answer to when it would start and now you have the answer as to why it started.

kick it off wrote the following post at 13/04/2018 4:36 PM:

Van wink wrote:

kick it off wrote the following post at 13/04/2018 3:04 PM: Fantastic. The worst ref I''ve seen for a while. Beyond f**king useless. Which game did F**king Useless ref?

“About 60% of the season Big Smile [:D]”

65%

Ref''s have a tough job and, are often criticised, but we should not need to be the talking about them after the game.

I don''t like to criticise refs, but...... this was possibly the most inept performance by a referee I have ever seen in some 40 years.

No one decision cost us the game, but if the correct bookings were delivered, then Cardiff would have had to have been more cautious in their approach, and could have maybe had a player sent off!

The stats show Cardiff committed 23 fouls, and Norwich 8, Cardiff bookings 2 Norwich 1 - and that ignores all the fouls against us that the ref missed, and also some other bizarre decisions.

Add these to his unfathomable penalty decision against Hull away, then surely the FA must have huge question marks about this guys ability to referee at this level - or perhaps any level!

''The refs in the Championship are in the main poor. Their inability to act on time wasting, pretending to be injured and cheating in general (taking throw ins from the wrong place, moving free kicks to give you an advantage) is from my point of view cheating fans of watching a decent game.'' - From me yesterday... then along comes Tim Robinson.

Where do you start trying to assess how he performed today?

The one big thing that struck me was the fact he never seemed to be in a good enough position to see exactly what was going on. The number of times he let play go on when a blatant foul had been committed was amazing. The spoiling tactics employed by Cardiff were not dealt with. The fact that they committed 23 fouls at a cost of 2 bookings tells me he had a poor game. I would think that if the decisions had been reversed, Neil Warnock would have been following him home to have a word in his ear. There were some horrendous fouls being committed when we had some corners at the Barclay end - shirt pulling, players being pulled out of position, yet Robbo didn''t see any of that. He actually wasted more of our time talking to their players when a yellow card would have stopped the blatant gamesmanship, and I''m sure the number of fouls they committed would have been drastically reduced. Another thing, if you are using the spray to mark out the 10 yards it should be for both teams, not just when you feel like using it, and at least do the decent thing if you don''t use it and make sure the players get back the right distance.

Extremely poor performance, yet no doubt he''ll be doing it all again next week and inflicting his inept refereeing of some poor team and their supporters.

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]Yesterday, TIL 1010 wrote:

"I wondered when the weekly thread trashing whoever the ref is in our next game would start."

Well you got your answer to when it would start and now you have the answer as to why it started.[/quote]Yep he was poor but i am sure true to from as soon as the ref is announced for the Preston game up will pop a thread slagging him off as well.

We had nothing riding on the game yet the ref couldnt vaguely control the game.

And you''re right, his positioning was regularly awful. One of the linesmen looked about 70. Absolute joke.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]''The one big thing that struck me was the fact he never seemed to be in a good enough position to see exactly what was going on. [/quote]
He was literally 4 yards away from Murphy being pulled from pillar to post and looking directly at it. He saw it, just chose not to give a free kick. He then gave Cardiff a free kick 5 seconds later for a "foul" where the Cardiff player got blown down by the wind.
There''s a thread on the wolves forum from a month ago saying how excellent he was for one of their games.
Is he incompetent or a binner?